shape
carat
color
clarity

The things a jewellery store assistant will tell you

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Well, this is something only fellow PriceScopers can appreciate.
19.gif

I went into a local B&M store today, killing some time, when I saw an interesting ring. I asked the sales assistant if I could have a look at it and what the colour and clarity were. He then proceded to tell me that as it was a channel set half eternity ring, with stones under 25 points each, that these were not colour graded in the UK, as this would be too costly, but that they were very sparkly and a great buy. Errrr, right
33.gif
. Mental note ....Must remember not to walk into store with toddler looking mummsy and tired, obviously must look like someone who would believe any old rubbish.
20.gif

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/10/2007 1:38:18 PM
Author:D2B
and a great buy.

haha wow, he got right into the sales pitch.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
A few weeks ago FI and I went into some maul jewelry stores to check out wedding bands for him, just to look.

Some sales associate actually told us that you CAN''T SIZE A PLATINUM RING. Can you believe that? I almost laughed in her face, and I DID say "Really? Are you SURE it''s platinum you can''t size?" and she said she was sure!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
My grandmother bought a sapphire ring because they told her the *amazingly* bad windowing meant that the saph "had good clarity, since you can see through it"!

HappyAnniversary

Shiny_Rock
I was looking to upgrade my original diamond and was asking about .6 to .7 carat diamonds. I must have looked like I couldn''t afford anything because after I checked out at all her "nice" diamonds and declined to buy them she let me in on a" little secret some people do to save money". She proceeded to take me to the necklace side of store and showed me a $700 multiple stone diamond necklace and said I could buy it, then use the largest diamond in it for my wedding ring upgrade! Remind me to dress up a little next time I window shop.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results