shape
carat
color
clarity

The studs went back.. now I get to choose something else! Opinions please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
As some of you know, I recently bought and returned a pair of .25tcw bezel studs. They were smaller than I wanted for my first piercing, and while they were lovely in my second piercing, that was not their intended place. So, they went back. (And many thanks to those of you that helped me come to that decision!
1.gif
.)

I now find myself in the position of having no idea what to get instead, LOL! I will eventually save up for .50tcw bezels, but the urgency just isn''t there right now to own the bezels. However.... I want some BLING! Now!!!
27.gif

I''m currently debating between a few options.... what do you think?

Option 1: Scattered Diamond Hoops from WF. The pic is of the oh so lovely Maisie modeling her pair. (Here''s her thread: Link).

scattereddiamondhoopsgd.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Or, just save up and get the .50tcw bezel studs sometime around August or September.

ETA: With the 2 options above, I could also swing a pair of .20tcw bezels from I.D. Jewelry for my second holes...

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:37:04 AM
Author: geckodani
Or, just save up and get the .50tcw sometime around August or September.
1.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would save up for the .50tcw!
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say either A or C. Not really a fan of the Dreams of Africa earrings.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:37:48 AM
Author: musey

Or, just save up and get the .50tcw sometime around August or September.

1.gif

Ditto - I love my studs and wear them every single day, so that option gets my vote
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:39:44 AM
Author: neatfreak
I say either A or C. Not really a fan of the Dreams of Africa earrings.
I find them intriguing, but am not sure how they'd look in person either, LOL!

Maisie and Musey - how did I know you were going to say that?
5.gif

ETA: I'm not stuck on Whiteflash, if someone has a different suggestion along the same lines!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Start saving for the .50ctw...you'll be glad that you did
2.gif

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Start saving for the .50 tcw!!!

I love the scattered diamond hoops. BUT...

Once you get the rockin' studs, you will rarely ever wear other earrings again. (OK, maybe that's just me!) I know you have a second set of piercings -- but the hoops are for the first set, right? So they will be in direct competition with the studs and may end up lying in the jewelry box unworn. Eventually, you might think they are a waste of money since you always reach for the studs! You will live in the studs! Honestly, sometimes I look at all of my jewelry and think, "Wow, why did I waste all that money over the years on different baubles and trinkets when I only wear my staple pieces?"

Plus, if you save for the pair you really want now - you'll get them SOOOOOO much faster!
36.gif
And that itch will totally be scratched -- aaaaaahhhh, no more second guessing or thinking about other earrings for a looooooong time. When you get what you REALLY wanted, there's no better feeling. Save for the thing you really really want! You'll be so glad you did!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 11:54:12 AM
Author: Bliss

Once you get the rockin'' studs, you will rarely ever wear other earrings again. (OK, maybe that''s just me!) I know you have a second set of piercings -- but the hoops are for the first set, right? So they will be in direct competition with the studs and may end up lying in the jewelry box unworn. Eventually, you might think they are a waste of money since you always reach for the studs! You will live in the studs! Honestly, sometimes I look at all of my jewelry and think, ''Wow, why did I waste all that money over the years on different baubles and trinkets when I only wear my staple pieces?''

Plus, if you save for the pair you really want now - you''ll get them SOOOOOO much faster!
36.gif
And that itch will totally be scratched -- aaaaaahhhh, no more second guessing or thinking about other earrings for a looooooong time. When you get what you REALLY wanted, there''s no better feeling. Save for the thing you really really want! You''ll be so glad you did!
I''m actually the sort of person that switches out her earrings on a regular basis. I don''t sleep in my jewelry, and pick what I want to wear each morning. So they''d both get worn!
9.gif

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I''d save for larger studs
1.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Save up for the bigger studs!

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:14:33 PM

Once you get the rockin' studs, you will rarely ever wear other earrings again. (OK, maybe that's just me!) I know you have a second set of piercings -- but the hoops are for the first set, right? So they will be in direct competition with the studs and may end up lying in the jewelry box unworn. Eventually, you might think they are a waste of money since you always reach for the studs! You will live in the studs! Honestly, sometimes I look at all of my jewelry and think, 'Wow, why did I waste all that money over the years on different baubles and trinkets when I only wear my staple pieces?'

Plus, if you save for the pair you really want now - you'll get them SOOOOOO much faster!
36.gif
And that itch will totally be scratched -- aaaaaahhhh, no more second guessing or thinking about other earrings for a looooooong time. When you get what you REALLY wanted, there's no better feeling. Save for the thing you really really want! You'll be so glad you did!

I'm actually the sort of person that switches out her earrings on a regular basis. I don't sleep in my jewelry, and pick what I want to wear each morning. So they'd both get worn!
9.gif

In that case...

I must chant: HOOPS AND STUDS! HOOPS AND STUDS! (This reminds me of Something About Mary where he goes, "FRANK AND BEANS! FRANK AND BEANS!")

36.gif
In that case...Definitely get the hoops then because they're beautiful and classic. And if you do switch things up all the time, you can save for the studs, too! Win-win! They're also different from stud-type earrings so you'd get two totally different looks to choose from. Those diamond hoops would look SO striking with your sassy haircut!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:24:14 PM

Date: 4/6/2009 12:14:33 PM

Once you get the rockin'' studs, you will rarely ever wear other earrings again. (OK, maybe that''s just me!) I know you have a second set of piercings -- but the hoops are for the first set, right? So they will be in direct competition with the studs and may end up lying in the jewelry box unworn. Eventually, you might think they are a waste of money since you always reach for the studs! You will live in the studs! Honestly, sometimes I look at all of my jewelry and think, ''Wow, why did I waste all that money over the years on different baubles and trinkets when I only wear my staple pieces?''

Plus, if you save for the pair you really want now - you''ll get them SOOOOOO much faster!
36.gif
And that itch will totally be scratched -- aaaaaahhhh, no more second guessing or thinking about other earrings for a looooooong time. When you get what you REALLY wanted, there''s no better feeling. Save for the thing you really really want! You''ll be so glad you did!

I''m actually the sort of person that switches out her earrings on a regular basis. I don''t sleep in my jewelry, and pick what I want to wear each morning. So they''d both get worn!
9.gif

In that case...

I must chant: HOOPS AND STUDS! HOOPS AND STUDS! (This reminds me of Something About Mary where he goes, ''FRANK AND BEANS! FRANK AND BEANS!'')

36.gif
In that case...Definitely get the hoops then because they''re beautiful and classic. And if you do switch things up all the time, you can save for the studs, too! Win-win! They''re also different from stud-type earrings so you''d get two totally different looks to choose from. Those diamond hoops would look SO striking with your sassy haircut!
Hee hee - the sassy haircut as you put it is exactly why I switch the earrings out so often. You can ALWAYS see my ears, so I try to keep something lovely there at all times.
1.gif

Hmmmmm.

And LMAO at the FRANK AND BEANS!!!!!!!!
37.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Or, just save up and get the .50tcw bezel studs sometime around August or September.

ETA: With the 2 options above, I could also swing a pair of .20tcw bezels from I.D. Jewelry for my second holes...
.50ctw!!!

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
The .50s. Save up and get *exactly* what you want.
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:55:42 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
1.gif
What if I'm not sure they're exactly what I want anymore?
40.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
I love a nice set of classy studs. Because they are simple and classic but if they are not what you want and don't float your boat then they are not the style for you even if they are a "classic". There is no point owning a pair that will go unused so get a pair of earrings that really hum to you.
9.gif

Mrs.2Artists

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gecko -

If you''re not sure what you want, you should save your money until you do know. If it''s the .50 bezel studs, great. If not, keep saving and keep looking.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 12:58:05 PM

1.gif

What if I'm not sure they're exactly what I want anymore?
40.gif

(LOL at the small, sheepish font. You crack me up, Gecko.
2.gif
But to get back on topic and answer the Q...)

Then follow Rainwood's advice.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 1:50:18 PM

Date: 4/6/2009 12:58:05 PM

1.gif

What if I''m not sure they''re exactly what I want anymore?
40.gif

(LOL at the small, sheepish font. You crack me up, Gecko.
2.gif
But to get back on topic and answer the Q...)

Then follow Rainwood''s advice.
9.gif
Meh. Meh I say. LOL.

I''m waffling.

Maybe I should find some syrup.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Go find some UPGRADABLE studs!!! (Not sure if I spelled that right). Find a teensy pair now that you know full well you will trade in when the funds are there to go BIGGER!!! I don''t know who has small ones available for trade up though.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I would save for the upgraded studs.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 2:23:09 PM
Author: Kelli
Go find some UPGRADABLE studs!!! (Not sure if I spelled that right). Find a teensy pair now that you know full well you will trade in when the funds are there to go BIGGER!!! I don''t know who has small ones available for trade up though.
I don''t think I''d ever go bigger than .50tcw for bezels.
1.gif
So once I have them, I''m good to go!!!

Meh. Meh and Meh.

You all make sense.

Someone say something that doesn''t make sense, just to keep it fair.
37.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 2:45:56 PM

1.gif

Meh. Meh and Meh.

You all make sense.

37.gif

How about you buy back the .25 ctw bezels?
2.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2009 2:51:03 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 4/6/2009 2:45:56 PM

1.gif

Meh. Meh and Meh.

You all make sense.

37.gif

How about you buy back the .25 ctw bezels?
2.gif
Thank you dear.
3.gif
Nonsense is helpful.
9.gif

The husband''s comment: "I''m a DUDE. I have no clue. What makes you a happy Dani?"

He''s no help either.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
This gets my vote!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other earrings are lovely, but I think they would still leave you longing for what you really want! I would wait until you can save up to buy the studs you want.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gecko, being in your position before I would save up for bigger studs. The earrings you posted are lovely (I especially like the scattered J hoops) but I can tell from the way you posted about them you are not super excited by them and you might as well wait to get something you are super excited about.
In the meantime I suggest getting a pair of cz bezel studs in a .50 ctw size you can wear around. I think 1/2 carat bezel studs are classy and flattering size. You can dress them up or down. You can see them but they are not so large you would feel uncomfortable wearing them at work or in a casual setting.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results