shape
carat
color
clarity

The Stranger Beside Me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I just finished this (by Ann Rule) and was wondering if anyone has ever read it. It''s the true story of Ted Bundy, written by one of his closest friends. I found it endlessly facinating and scary.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I read this book quite a few years ago, but still remember it well! Yes, I agree with you, terrifying and fascinating. It''s amazing to me that a person who appears to be so normal could actually be such a dangerous psychopath. IMO, I think it''s Ann Rule''s best work.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I agree! I''ve read a few of her books but this one will linger with me forever. It just freaks me out. There are some sick people out there and it could be anyone, even someone you''ve known for years. (Shudders)
I remember reading an article once about Jeffrey Dahmer. One of his victims actually got away and went to the police, but Dahmer looked and acted so convincingly normal and nice that the police released the boy back into his custody!!!! The boy was later killed.
Sometimes I just want to lock myself in my house and never speak to another person again!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds interesting...but I won''t read it because it will give me nightmares and I have enough of them when I think of something happening to my kid.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I had never heard of Ted Bundy, but I had mentally subsituted Al Bundy, from Married With Children when I read this thread.

I was trying to figure why he would give TGal nightmares.

Clearly, I'm an idiot (I googled Ted Bundy). I am interested to read the book though.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I read it a few years ago. It was really interesting, and scary! I love anything by Ann Rule-I adore true crime stories, and I remember when I snagged it at a garage sale or wherever I got the book, reading the back of it and thinking, huh, what are the odds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results