shape
carat
color
clarity

The strange things with which your brain fills in the blanks

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So as I was clicking on a new webpage, I caught a blurb for the new Survivor in my peripheral vision. But instead of my brain telling me it read "Survivor: South Pacific", my brain told me it read "Survivor: South Park". I actually went back to see if that was what it said because it sounded much more interesting than the usual Survivor. I was disappointed though, it is Survivor: South Pacific.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The strange things with which your brain fills in the bl

Hhahaha! That happens to me all the time. I agreed to watch Swamp People with DH and I always think that I'm seeing "decapitated" in the warnings when really it is "depicted"

manderz

Brilliant_Rock

Dreamer's thread about coming clean got me really good; I thought it said she was coming to my hometown, which is spelled similarly to clean. For a minute, I was quite confused.

Survivor: South Park sounds pretty hilarious!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I scan diagonally across the page, very fast, and often misread. On tests, I make myself slow down and read word-for-word. You know the funniest thing, though? I also read "South Park" and realized it was "South Pacific" only when you drew attention to it. I guess South Park makes more sense. :D

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

Well, while driving out towards the poconos there is a highway sign fir a town along the way, Scotrun. The first time I saw it my mind filled in something else. I'll leave it at that.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock

friend tweets: i wanna throw parties for a living!

me reads: i wanna throw panties for a living!

(was confused for a full min about how one can possibly make money that way, and imagining different scenarios, before it finally registered)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

ForteKitty|1314203598|2998290 said:
friend tweets: i wanna throw parties for a living!

me reads: i wanna throw panties for a living!

(was confused for a full min about how one can possibly make money that way, and imagining different scenarios, before it finally registered)

Hahaha

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results