Premium
calvinandhobbessilverlining.jpg

Please share your silver lining(s).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll start.

1. We get to spend quality and quantity time with our closest loved ones

2. Time to take over some neglected chores (reorganizing, cleaning, decluttering).

3. Spending so much more time with our furry (and for those of you with non furry) babies.

4. More people willing to foster local rescues during this time since they are home and can open up their home to them.

5. Reducing our carbon footprint.

6. Learning new technology ie Zoom and FaceTime (OK I haven't gotten around to that yet but I probably will...)

7. More time to read

8. More time to engage in meaningful conversation with loved ones on the phone or in other ways (see above FaceTime etc).

9. More time to reflect on the meaning of life

10. An opportunity to do good, to offer services to those who need help. Even if it is just shopping for our elderly neighbors. It makes me feel like I am contributing something at least to a world in desperate need.

So much we cannot control but at least we can control some things and to that end do as much good as we possibly can.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been helping a friend take his nutter ex to court in order to try and get custody of their child. It is draining! but it is good to know I might be making a kid's life better. (Fingers crossed...)

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I've noticed several of my friends have been getting puppies over the last 2 weeks. I think it is wonderful to have all this time at home to bond with a brand new puppy. What a wonderful distraction! Almost makes me feel like going out and getting another puppy.... almost ;)2

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My biggest silver lining is being here when my kids wake up in the morning. When I was working in the office, I was leaving the house at 6am, getting home after 7pm barely in time for dinner. I hated having so little time with them, but hated the most not being there when they woke up. It made me feel like I was missing out on something important.

Now we can have breakfast together, I tell them I'm "going to work" but will see them at lunch, and there's plenty of time "after work" to go ride bikes in front of the house or play video games together. It's wonderful feeling to be here to catch the small moments with them, not be constantly exhausted from work or preoccupied. I'm really gonna miss this.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My life just feels more streesful
We were pretty much social isolating for the last year with Gary unwell and with his compromised immune system

now everything is just harder, getting groceries is a nightmare, going to the chemist is risky

So ill have to get back to you with my silver linning
i might have to invent one but ill do my best missy

1ofakind

Brilliant_Rock
DH gave me a nice camera for Christmas, mostly to take pictures of the birds I like to watch. I haven’t even gotten it out of the box yet because learning how to use it will be quite a project. Now I will have the time to dedicate to it and I found a free photography course offered free online due to quarantine. I might get some decent pics of sparkly things to show here as well.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've noticed several of my friends have been getting puppies over the last 2 weeks. I think it is wonderful to have all this time at home to bond with a brand new puppy. What a wonderful distraction! Almost makes me feel like going out and getting another puppy.... almost ;)2

Yasss! And not to sound preachy or anything but there are so many rescue animals who need good homes and if anyone has been considering it before and is home now this is such a good time to open your home to a fur baby. As long as you are able to provide for that furry baby of course. Anyway I will get off my soapbox in a second but just wanted to say:

Adopt don't shop
Save a life, adopt a homeless pet.

adoptalife.gif

savealife.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My biggest silver lining is being here when my kids wake up in the morning. When I was working in the office, I was leaving the house at 6am, getting home after 7pm barely in time for dinner. I hated having so little time with them, but hated the most not being there when they woke up. It made me feel like I was missing out on something important.

Now we can have breakfast together, I tell them I'm "going to work" but will see them at lunch, and there's plenty of time "after work" to go ride bikes in front of the house or play video games together. It's wonderful feeling to be here to catch the small moments with them, not be constantly exhausted from work or preoccupied. I'm really gonna miss this.

I have a feeling it will be quite some time before you will have to stop enjoying this time with your family. Enjoy and be well. So glad you and your family have this silver lining to enjoy together. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My life just feels more streesful
We were pretty much social isolating for the last year with Gary unwell and with his compromised immune system

now everything is just harder, getting groceries is a nightmare, going to the chemist is risky

So ill have to get back to you with my silver linning
i might have to invent one but ill do my best missy

Sending you hugs and love across the many miles @Daisys and Diamonds
I feel you. I am sure you remember how Greg and I were dealing with RW gate from June through December last year...then his TKR surgery and as soon as life was about to get back to some semblance of normal BAM we all got this pandemic hitting us. So I feel you and get it and sending you strength and love and we will get through this dear Daisy. One day, one hour at a time. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been helping a friend take his nutter ex to court in order to try and get custody of their child. It is draining! but it is good to know I might be making a kid's life better. (Fingers crossed...)

Good luck @OoohShiny you are a good friend and good friends are more valuable than diamonds or platinum or gold or any gem.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH gave me a nice camera for Christmas, mostly to take pictures of the birds I like to watch. I haven’t even gotten it out of the box yet because learning how to use it will be quite a project. Now I will have the time to dedicate to it and I found a free photography course offered free online due to quarantine. I might get some decent pics of sparkly things to show here as well.

Sounds lovely and I cannot wait to see some of the beautiful photos you take with your new camera.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been great to see how generous and bonded my clinical team is. We’ve been really stepping up in being flexible with our shifts and adapting to new hospital work flow needs. Love my work fam.

Also since doing more work from home, I get to take lots of picture and annoy my cat lol. I’m tempted to rescue a dog but I don’t know how much the cat would tolerate it and I still have some unpredictable shifts at work. Sigh. One day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been great to see how generous and bonded my clinical team is. We’ve been really stepping up in being flexible with our shifts and adapting to new hospital work flow needs. Love my work fam.

Also since doing more work from home, I get to take lots of picture and annoy my cat lol. I’m tempted to rescue a dog but I don’t know how much the cat would tolerate it and I still have some unpredictable shifts at work. Sigh. One day!

@MakingTheGrade I am sorry if I am being a pest thanking you all the time but my heart fills up with such gratitude knowing the sacrifice you and your colleagues are making for people you don't even know. There are truly no words of thanks sufficient but try I will. Thank you. And please hug Shale from me and my furry crew. I have a feeling Shale would get along quite well with Gracie and Tommy and Bobby and maybe even Oliver his look alike...

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok - my silver lining....

I decided if I have to be bored witless, I'm going to get something out of it. So I'm doing.....

The COVID-19 Health and Beauty Makeover!

So far I've lost 10 lbs, I've bleached my teeth multiple times, and I've dyed my eyelashes. I'm also working out - a LOT - and my stamina is going up. I'm doing a bunch of hair and skin treatments and moisturizing religiously. My hair is only growing back now from 4 surgeries last year, so I'm doing all I can with vitamins etc to aid the process.

On the down side, I've recently had a huge flare of my ulcerative colitis and ended up in hospital on Wednesday. It was...not good...but the apex ultimately passed and the symptoms have been improving.

I've taken up yoga recently - which I HATE - but my body needs the flexibility, so it's been added to the C19H&BM list as well. :)

I'm bored beyond belief - but I intend to look fabulous doing it!

ETA 'Fabulous' might be a tad optimistic, but I'll settle for better than normal. :))

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

I decided if I have to be bored witless, I'm going to get something out of it. So I'm doing.....

So far I've lost 10 lbs, I've bleached my teeth multiple times, and I've dyed my eyelashes. I'm also working out - a LOT - and my stamina is going up. I'm doing a bunch of hair and skin treatments and moisturizing religiously. My hair is only growing back now from 4 surgeries last year, so I'm doing all I can with vitamins etc to aid the process.

On the down side, I've recently had a huge flare of my ulcerative colitis and ended up in hospital on Wednesday. It was...not good...but the apex ultimately passed and the symptoms have been improving.

I've taken up yoga recently - which I HATE - but my body needs the flexibility, so it's been added to the C19H&BM list as well. :)

ETA 'Fabulous' might be a tad optimistic, but I'll settle for better than normal. :))

Wow - I’m impressed! What a fantastic way to be productive and make the most of this time. I’m sorry to hear about your recent hospital stay. I wish you continued health.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Save money by not going out and to cook more at home, in case it has not been mentioned yet.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good for you @mrs-b making the best of things and improving your health while doing so!
I am glad you are recovered from your hospital stay last week. How scary that must have been and what relief you are back home safe and sound. Take care and be well. (((Hugs))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Save money by not going out and to cook more at home, in case it has not been mentioned yet.

DK :))

I wish I could say we have been saving money but with the price increases on so many things (despite the government saying price gouging is illegal) and stocking up on things we never would have bought before...I would say we are spending more money not less.

But it is only money and right now just want to get through this pandemic safely. And pick up the tattered pieces of our/and the economy's financial situation after this is over.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm losing a lot of weight because I'm super picky and don't really like to eat certain things!

I only eat what I crave and a lot of the things I crave I can't get to.

My boys are super easy going and love their meals so it's worked out well for them especially my son who can't stomach restaurant meals but will eat anything I cook.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dog is really happy with us at home all day.

I really like my husband. Always have but this confirms it. I spend all day with the man and he's just a really good guy and so darn pleasant. He's not irritating. I've always felt very happy in our marriage but it's kinda weird right now because although I can be quite distressed about the crisis and feeling peevish in general, I consistently find him so lovely. It's a very nice feeling to have.

Imagine being in isolation with someone you wanted to poison all the time!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am stuck at home with only my cat and dog for company.

They do not need much, and never answer back.

So glad not to have to share my living space with anyone during these crazy times, phew!

DK :lol-2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
hmm I truly think my silver lining has been you all. PS has become a place not just to chit chat but I feel we are now all closer due to our caring for each other and that's the truth.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
okay you look FABULOUS all the time, inside and out.

Your routine is wonderful and encourages me to want to try yoga which I'm sure I'll hate too, I'm about as flexible as glass right now.

Glad your hair is growing out!

I worry about my sons and DIL and granddaughter and niece Kate. So I feel a bit like a caged cat. But I do love being finally able to see my younger son on Duo app on our android phones!

Basically I am reading, walking the dog and my husband and I discuss what a clusterf--- this whole mess is. :)

xo

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The upside of this is that 2 of our neighbours have offered to shop for us, and even our postlady has told us if we need anything, to just leave a note for her and she’ll see what she can do.

We’re also eating even more fruit than usual as our deliveries are big quantities.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The upside of this is that 2 of our neighbours have offered to shop for us, and even our postlady has told us if we need anything, to just leave a note for her and she’ll see what she can do.

We’re also eating even more fruit than usual as our deliveries are big quantities.

I’ll be right over. I can help you eat all that fruit. Yummm. I love fruit and veggies. Enjoy! And I’m so glad you have warm wonderful neighbors as I know you are to them as well. ❤️

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Hmmmm.
Expenses about equal as I'm off on holidays, and would have spent more on gas and lunches, coffee, socializing...

Cleaned the house up? A pretty good clean, not amazing but good.

Keeping a calm, stable environment for my sons? Cherishing them daily, and hoping we can grow together for many more years.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll start.

1. We get to spend quality and quantity time with our closest loved ones

2. Time to take over some neglected chores (reorganizing, cleaning, decluttering).

3. Spending so much more time with our furry (and for those of you with non furry) babies.

4. More people willing to foster local rescues during this time since they are home and can open up their home to them.

5. Reducing our carbon footprint.

6. Learning new technology ie Zoom and FaceTime (OK I haven't gotten around to that yet but I probably will...)

7. More time to read

8. More time to engage in meaningful conversation with loved ones on the phone or in other ways (see above FaceTime etc).

9. More time to reflect on the meaning of life

10. An opportunity to do good, to offer services to those who need help. Even if it is just shopping for our elderly neighbors. It makes me feel like I am contributing something at least to a world in desperate need.

So much we cannot control but at least we can control some things and to that end do as much good as we possibly can.

In spite of being an essential, medical professional, DH & I volunteered with our local community center to help fellow residents of our community to deliver food & supplies they are not able to get, themselves.
It is wonderful to be able to support others in our community, and strengthen the bond between neighbors.
I’m so glad to see others doing the same! ♥

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sleeping in late. And not feeling (as) guilty in not going to work. Healthcare work tends to be stressful.

Spending an hour chatting on the phone with my sisters and friends instead of texting. Nice to have a wag about nothing--and have someone else to talk to. My one friend is the caregiver to her DH (Dementia) and he is often noncommunicative. She needs people to talk to--we gab a lot! lol

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results