shape
carat
color
clarity

The Silver Lining Thread

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m retired and a “home body” so this social isolation isn’t affecting me. I’m still walking the dogs and I make a point to smile or wave to anyone I see while out. Our local Facebook group has posted up offers of help or requests for things and it’s lovely how people are connecting whilst remaining the required 1.5 metre distance.
It’s much harder for my daughter, she’s missing her friends, going out, her soccer and her orchestra. She is in her first year of Uni and everything is now online. She is doing science but there’s no lab work which is what she loves so much. Thankfully with the app Zoom she and her friends have had “parties” over the Internet.
Me, I have very sparkly jewellery and very clean cars. I’ve even hand polished them both! I’m weird, I like cleaning cars. And my granny square is slowly growing. I might break that Guinness Book of Records yet! I’m up to 8 meters squared (64 sq meters) have to get to 12 meters square (144 sq) so not even half way yet!
DH is working from home but has had to log into the companies server to get certain information. Of course the building is on lock down so he parks the car within Wi Fi range and logs on in the car. Don’t laugh, he got out of the car to have a bit of a walk and found 2 work colleagues sitting in their respective cars doing the same thing. Crazy times.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results