shape
carat
color
clarity

The Senator’s Daughter Who Raised Prices on Anti-Allergy Epi

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
the leasing thread is fun (Love you Kenny :tongue: ) but saw this and this is serious stuff.

This is a matter of life and death for some people, myself included.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-08-24/the-senator-s-daughter-who-raised-prices-on-anti-allergy-epipen

Have anyone read this yet? I'm one of those that carry an epi pen , and frankly this is straight greed on the part of the company. I hope they don't go soft on this chick (who cares who's daughter she is!!!) Pharma pisses me off, especially in this case. This drug is everywhere, and saves lives for anyone that needs it, and you want to increase the price of it by 400%??? :angryfire:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: The Senator’s Daughter Who Raised Prices on Anti-Allergy

Yup. This is exactly why the "free market" and "healthcare" should never be in the same sentence.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gypsy|1472080404|4069684 said:
Yup. This is exactly why the "free market" and "healthcare" should never be in the same sentence.

This is something I can totally agree with. I'm not for more government oversight in general but this is an area that needs it.

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock

I already carry an expired Epi pen because my insurance won't cover them.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I carry an epipen as well, and the prices are ridiculous. I didn't know they used to be cheaper because I just started having to carry one this year, but when I found out I was :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: about the amount I had paid.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Thank you for sharing this! I just saw something the other day about the price increase, but I didn't get the details and was left wondering why...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Shaggy, my insurance won't cover either. my last epi pen is still in good shape. Cost me about 39 bucks but its also the old fashioned one (big ol crazy looking thing that needs its own purse.....lol) As long as the juice is clear I'll hold onto it.

distracts, I can undersand some types of increases. but 400% is downright obnoxious. there is NO NEED exept straight up money grubbing GREED to charge that much for a life saving drug. Its not like they have to cover the R&D on it, thats been done already.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1472091284|4069768 said:
distracts, I can undersand some types of increases. but 400% is downright obnoxious. there is NO NEED exept straight up money grubbing GREED to charge that much for a life saving drug. Its not like they have to cover the R&D on it, thats been done already.

Yeah, I read one quote by the company where they said this price "better reflected its value" and it's like, yes, something that can save your life IS very valuable and people WILL pay lots of money for it... but should we HAVE to? Capitalism is all well and good but it has its limits, and I think this sort of thing is one of them because epipen essentially has a monopoly on the market for something that is necessary for some people. There aren't really competitors, and it's not optional. Should I - or even my insurance - have to pay exorbitant prices for something that can be produced inexpensively and used to be sold for a reasonable price? I really don't think so.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I just threw out a couple expired one's as well. That is infuriating.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Arcadian|1472081009|4069688 said:

This is something I can totally agree with. I'm not for more government oversight in general but this is an area that needs it.

Completely agree. This is not acceptable. :nono:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You mean The Great and Glorious Hand of The Market is NOT the solution for every problem? That it doesn't always result in the greatest good for the greatest number? Gads! Say it isn't so! :errrr:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results