shape
carat
color
clarity

the Royal Asscher arrived today...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
the royal arrived today....i picked it up during my lunch break. i couldn''t get the box open fast enuf to see what was inside. when i first saw it, i couldn''t move. i just stared at it while i sat in my car. until today, i''ve never seen anything like it..............

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 8:23:53 PM
Author:TierHog
the royal arrived today....i picked it up during my lunch break. i couldn''t get the box open fast enuf to see what was inside. when i first saw it, i couldn''t move. i just stared at it while i sat in my car. until today, i''ve never seen anything like it..............
Awww, that''s great!!! Are you going to take pics for us?? Please say yes!! I am dying to see this. So happy for you!!! Lisa
1.gif

lindaAZ

Rough_Rock
In addition to being a Royal Asscher, it is quite large, which when you''ve been looking at smaller stones is striking...

What do you think of the J color? Many people expressed concern regarding the I color of my asschers when I was looking, but it was really unfounded. "I" is still in the nearly colorless category AND contrary to popular opinion, the step cuts (according to Gold Old Gold) does not show color more. I think the Royal 1.59 and the generic 1.83 were very, very white...

(I had asked to have that J 1.96 Royal Asscher called in my GOG but it had been sold - to your vendor I assume.)

Linda

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 8:23:53 PM
Author:TierHog
Oh, sure, you pick this thread to be short and sweet.
2.gif
You''re killing us here.

shay

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Tierhog, you''re evil. How you can post something like this with NO PICTURES!?!?!?!

Please rectify this situation immediately! I''m dying to see pics of what must be an absolutely stunning diamond!

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
'lisa kaleigh' (that's what i'm callin' you)...

i've already taken numerous pics and a few short videos..

(is this what happens when you bring your first baby home? tanya and i's first baby is due about sept. 1st)

i've taken pics and videos inside and outside the house...etc. also, thank you for your happiness for me! but, this is my first 'viewing' of a royal. not 100% it's the one i'm gonna pick to be 'tanya renee's' for life. i've got an 'original' (non-branded) asscher comin' on wednesday to compare. size-wise they'll be different, it's the cut i'm lookin' at...

(yes girls, i know size is important... heck, i actually agree. i do want as big and beautiful as i can afford. but, quality is very super important to me...)

can't wait 'till wednesday. but, i'm tellin' ya....this one i have right here at my home, which has been in my front left pocket since i drove off from where i picked it up from...has been something that i've had to look at, almost non-stop, since i've been home tonite. again, i've taken it outside, inside, back outside, back inside...in the bathroom, kitchen (almost took it outside to feed my dogs....but, lol...decided against it for 'security' reasons!).

'linda'....yes girl, it's a royal. and, it's been awhile (maybe about two months) since i've seen my first (outta three...if i remember correctly) asscher cut diamond. which, by the way, was abt. 2ct, non-branded asscher (didn't know about the royal at that time). the non-branded was neat. at that point, i'd never seen that type of 'shape'. and, my brain's workin' overtime (like i've started to do physically to afford renee's stone) to remember if that regular asscher diamond is as ..............strikingly beautiful as this royal is...........i honestly don't think it was. but, i'm not sure. my memory isn't the best. now, look, if i decide, for whatever reasons that this royal's not what i'll get...i know one thing; i'll never forget this stone....lemme type this now (in case i forget....i have a hard time with that) .......PICTURES DO NO JUSTICE. lemme type that again.....PICTURES DO NOT FAIRLY REPRESENT THE BEAUTY OF THESE STONES IN PERSON. okay, sorry folks....i had to type that. i'm that impressed with the asscher cut. i've seen rounds and princesses and emeralds (please, no adverse comments. i mean nuthin' derogatory about that. just my taste and opinion)and they're so...forget it...i'll stop here.

..WHERE...oops...sorry 'caps on the keyboard.....where was i?

(i have to type this...can i delete it later? lol......i have to type that, as i was drivin' home, i called 'my babe' and told her that if somethin' happens as i'm drivin' home, make sure 'they' check the left front pocket of my jeans! lol......)

'linda'...the color J. it's horrible, isn't it? not really. (diamond sellers r gonna love me for shore) ...okay, you (forget the pics...i'm tellin' ya'...) saw the I stones. okay, they're in the 'nearly colorless catagory'. what about the 'out in the backyard with the dogs'...oops...did i say dogs? lol..........catagory? what about the 'pick the diamond up at lunch time and forget how to start your car' catagory? oh, how about the 'can i call in sick from my lunch break 'cuz i gotta look at this diamond all day' catagory? oh, i got one better, how 'bout the 'i've gotta call everyone on my speed dial to tell them they've gotta come over to my house to check out this diamond' catagory? ....lol....okay, where was 'I'? oh, the 'I' color, i mean 'J' color diamond......yes. today, (the lord blessed me with the sight of almost near perfection of what the earth can manufacture...a diamond)..under very 'looking for the color J, 'cuz i know it's been graded by the GIA as a J diamond' circumstances....i saw a slight, very...ever so very, slight...hint of what i believe to be a MIXTURE of a hint of yellowish-blueish-FLASHISH-all color of the rainbow ...color. as i mentioned earlier, i took the stone into the bathroom with me. as i was...lol...sittin' there, i grabbed a piece of toilet paper and placed the stone (which is in a temporary silver setting) on the napkin...no color. after i was finished staring at the royal while there, i took it outside in the 'sun comin' down, slightly overcast' california weather...no color. i then turned it over sideways and noticed a ever-so-slight hint of yellow, only in the base of the diamond....brought it back inside the house, sat on the couch (still in complete awe of what a beautiful stone it was...) and noticed nuthin'....................i still think it's awesome.

'linda'...yes, when you requested the 1.96, i would assume it was sold. and, honestly, i can see why. actually, i feel very fortunate to have 'purchased' it at this time. i had no choice but to purchase it to see it...and, i will hold it, at least until this wednesday....linda, thank you for commenting. i appreciate your time.

'shay'....sorry, it's been a long day (work and all....). and, honestly, what with all the pics (i have no idea how to even show them, 'cuz they do NO justice) and short vids, i'll probably upload 'em tomorrow nite...

'cinderella'...i swear, i'm not evil.
17.gif

oh...my....gosh....does it take the posting of a royal asscher experience...to get 'san diego lady' to reply? lol...............i really 'couldn't move'.....when i saw the diamond...i promise....i swear.

okay, for those of you wonderful folks who've been able to read my post thus far.....
24.gif
...here's my closing feeling (may change tomorrow when i wake up, you know what i mean? lol...or when i get the asscher cut stone on wednesday...) ....after many, many posts...after soooo many nights on the computer reading posts, reviewing site..after site...after site...after listenin' to all the led zeppelin, pink floyd, sixties songs, seventies 'oldie's' stations and 'one hit wonder' stationsk, eighties rock, nineties new rock...lol...etc..while still reviewin' the diamond sites...............today, i was vindicated. or maybe royal was vindicated...or the 'J' was vindicated. ....i dunno.....yeah, i do know...i was soooo excited, like christmas-time as a kid, to get that damn fed-ex box opened...to see if what i thought would be in there......would be in there....and, it was......

until wednesday!!

sincerely,

the guy who 'has his heart in the right place',

ron.............

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 1:18:20 AM
Author: TierHog
''lisa kaleigh'' (that''s what i''m callin'' you)...

i''ve already taken numerous pics and a few short videos..

(is this what happens when you bring your first baby home? tanya and i''s first baby is due about sept. 1st)

i''ve taken pics and videos inside and outside the house...etc. also, thank you for your happiness for me! but, this is my first ''viewing'' of a royal. not 100% it''s the one i''m gonna pick to be ''tanya renee''s'' for life. i''ve got an ''original'' (non-branded) asscher comin'' on wednesday to compare. size-wise they''ll be different, it''s the cut i''m lookin'' at...

(yes girls, i know size is important... heck, i actually agree. i do want as big and beautiful as i can afford. but, quality is very super important to me...)

can''t wait ''till wednesday. but, i''m tellin'' ya....this one i have right here at my home, which has been in my front left pocket since i drove off from where i picked it up from...has been something that i''ve had to look at, almost non-stop, since i''ve been home tonite. again, i''ve taken it outside, inside, back outside, back inside...in the bathroom, kitchen (almost took it outside to feed my dogs....but, lol...decided against it for ''security'' reasons!).

''linda''....yes girl, it''s a royal. and, it''s been awhile (maybe about two months) since i''ve seen my first (outta three...if i remember correctly) asscher cut diamond. which, by the way, was abt. 2ct, non-branded asscher (didn''t know about the royal at that time). the non-branded was neat. at that point, i''d never seen that type of ''shape''. and, my brain''s workin'' overtime (like i''ve started to do physically to afford renee''s stone) to remember if that regular asscher diamond is as ..............strikingly beautiful as this royal is...........i honestly don''t think it was. but, i''m not sure. my memory isn''t the best. now, look, if i decide, for whatever reasons that this royal''s not what i''ll get...i know one thing; i''ll never forget this stone....lemme type this now (in case i forget....i have a hard time with that) .......PICTURES DO NO JUSTICE. lemme type that again.....PICTURES DO NOT FAIRLY REPRESENT THE BEAUTY OF THESE STONES IN PERSON. okay, sorry folks....i had to type that. i''m that impressed with the asscher cut. i''ve seen rounds and princesses and emeralds (please, no adverse comments. i mean nuthin'' derogatory about that. just my taste and opinion)and they''re so...forget it...i''ll stop here.

..WHERE...oops...sorry ''caps on the keyboard.....where was i?

(i have to type this...can i delete it later? lol......i have to type that, as i was drivin'' home, i called ''my babe'' and told her that if somethin'' happens as i''m drivin'' home, make sure ''they'' check the left front pocket of my jeans! lol......)

''linda''...the color J. it''s horrible, isn''t it? not really. (diamond sellers r gonna love me for shore) ...okay, you (forget the pics...i''m tellin'' ya''...) saw the I stones. okay, they''re in the ''nearly colorless catagory''. what about the ''out in the backyard with the dogs''...oops...did i say dogs? lol..........catagory? what about the ''pick the diamond up at lunch time and forget how to start your car'' catagory? oh, how about the ''can i call in sick from my lunch break ''cuz i gotta look at this diamond all day'' catagory? oh, i got one better, how ''bout the ''i''ve gotta call everyone on my speed dial to tell them they''ve gotta come over to my house to check out this diamond'' catagory? ....lol....okay, where was ''I''? oh, the ''I'' color, i mean ''J'' color diamond......yes. today, (the lord blessed me with the sight of almost near perfection of what the earth can manufacture...a diamond)..under very ''looking for the color J, ''cuz i know it''s been graded by the GIA as a J diamond'' circumstances....i saw a slight, very...ever so very, slight...hint of what i believe to be a MIXTURE of a hint of yellowish-blueish-FLASHISH-all color of the rainbow ...color. as i mentioned earlier, i took the stone into the bathroom with me. as i was...lol...sittin'' there, i grabbed a piece of toilet paper and placed the stone (which is in a temporary silver setting) on the napkin...no color. after i was finished staring at the royal while there, i took it outside in the ''sun comin'' down, slightly overcast'' california weather...no color. i then turned it over sideways and noticed a ever-so-slight hint of yellow, only in the base of the diamond....brought it back inside the house, sat on the couch (still in complete awe of what a beautiful stone it was...) and noticed nuthin''....................i still think it''s awesome.

''linda''...yes, when you requested the 1.96, i would assume it was sold. and, honestly, i can see why. actually, i feel very fortunate to have ''purchased'' it at this time. i had no choice but to purchase it to see it...and, i will hold it, at least until this wednesday....linda, thank you for commenting. i appreciate your time.

''shay''....sorry, it''s been a long day (work and all....). and, honestly, what with all the pics (i have no idea how to even show them, ''cuz they do NO justice) and short vids, i''ll probably upload ''em tomorrow nite...

''cinderella''...i swear, i''m not evil.
17.gif

oh...my....gosh....does it take the posting of a royal asscher experience...to get ''san diego lady'' to reply? lol...............i really ''couldn''t move''.....when i saw the diamond...i promise....i swear.

okay, for those of you wonderful folks who''ve been able to read my post thus far.....
24.gif
...here''s my closing feeling (may change tomorrow when i wake up, you know what i mean? lol...or when i get the asscher cut stone on wednesday...) ....after many, many posts...after soooo many nights on the computer reading posts, reviewing site..after site...after site...after listenin'' to all the led zeppelin, pink floyd, sixties songs, seventies ''oldie''s'' stations and ''one hit wonder'' stationsk, eighties rock, nineties new rock...lol...etc..while still reviewin'' the diamond sites...............today, i was vindicated. or maybe royal was vindicated...or the ''J'' was vindicated. ....i dunno.....yeah, i do know...i was soooo excited, like christmas-time as a kid, to get that damn fed-ex box opened...to see if what i thought would be in there......would be in there....and, it was......

until wednesday!!

sincerely,

the guy who ''has his heart in the right place'',

ron.............
I don''t think so, Scooter. We need pics. Bad pics, blurry pics, we don''t care. We need them!!!! You don''t understand, the sharks are circling. You know that''s not a pretty sight.
31.gif

As far as a pic not being able to convey all of the nuances and beauty inherent in the diamond, HELLO, you''re preaching to the choir. We know that. Please, I''m begging you. Must have pics of 1.96 J royal asscher. Feeling woozy.

shay

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what???? did I read you right??? no pics until WEDNESDAY???

Please, please, say you''re joking
17.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
exciting news!
36.gif
can''t wait to see what you decide th.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Congrats, and congrats also about the baby!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is this thing taking a turn toward BROKEBACK ASSCHER?? I swear, I ain''t never seen a man as wrapped up in his future wife''s stone! I find it amazingly sweet, moderately obesesive and a teeny bit hilarious! (Mostly because you''re so prolific and a wonderfully descriptive writer!)

"I wish I could quit you, J 1.96 Royal!!"
11.gif

dottcomm1

Rough_Rock
pics! we need pics!! i can''t wait to see it!

matthewk

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 11:29:44 AM
Author: decodelighted
Is this thing taking a turn toward BROKEBACK ASSCHER?? I swear, I ain''t never seen a man as wrapped up in his future wife''s stone! I find it amazingly sweet, moderately obesesive and a teeny bit hilarious! (Mostly because you''re so prolific and a wonderfully descriptive writer!)

''I wish I could quit you, J 1.96 Royal!!''
11.gif
Prolific? I had to read the post four times just to figure out what he was saying, it''s a pretty tough read...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 1:48:23 PM
Author: matthewk
(Mostly because you''re so prolific and a wonderfully descriptive writer!)
Prolific? I had to read the post four times just to figure out what he was saying

PROLIFIC (adj)
marked by abundant inventiveness or productivity synonym see FERTILE

Key word: ABUNDANT
1.gif

Definition of "prolific" from M-W.com

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Actually, maybe it''s better that TierHog hasn''t posted pics yet. If seeing this diamond impedes our overall productivity like it has TierHog''s, maybe it''s best we don''t look.

Ok, who am I kidding!?
3.gif
20.gif
I can''t wait to see this gorgeous rock--please post pics soon!!!!
36.gif
Tanya Renee is one lucky girl.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok Wednesday it is. I can''t wait!!!!!!!
24.gif
24.gif
Two more sleeps. Lots of pics now!!!
11.gif
3.gif

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
Man... you have torture down to a science. As penance for making us wait this long (even as entertaining as your writing is) I submit that you need to take shots of the royal and unbranded beauties side by side and post them NOW! NOW! NOW!!!! :razz:

pleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeee!!!!

matthewk

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 2:01:46 PM

Date: 3/14/2006 1:48:23 PM
Author: matthewk

(Mostly because you''re so prolific and a wonderfully descriptive writer!)
Prolific? I had to read the post four times just to figure out what he was saying

PROLIFIC (adj)
marked by abundant inventiveness or productivity synonym see FERTILE

Key word: ABUNDANT
1.gif

Definition of ''prolific'' from M-W.com

I would say there was a blockage of productivity while I took the time to re-read parts of it taking away time from the things that I "should" be doing. HA~!

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 2:11:08 PM
Author: BrightSpot
Actually, maybe it''s better that TierHog hasn''t posted pics yet. If seeing this diamond impedes our overall productivity like it has TierHog''s, maybe it''s best we don''t look.

Ok, who am I kidding!?
3.gif
20.gif
I can''t wait to see this gorgeous rock--please post pics soon!!!!
36.gif
Tanya Renee is one lucky girl.
9.gif
I agree! I don''t know a damn thing about asschers but I can say your posts are very entertaining to read and Tanya Renee is a lucky girl! Congrats on your baby (yes I have a 2 and a 1 year old and you take lots of pictures and lots of videos so practice, practice, practice lol) and on seeing your first Royal. I can''t wait to see the pictures and for you to decide which one you are choosing!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I am sooooo jealous... I want to see a royal asscher in person so badly! (not to mention that I want to own one too, of course). Pictures, soon! (please
3.gif
)

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
ya know, i was lookin'' forward to comin'' home today to check my post for any replies and upload a few pics of the royal i have at the house. i enjoyed seeing the replies, until matthew.

thanks matt. i''ll do my best, from now on, to keep it simple for you....good reply, it had purpose.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
IIIIIITTTTTTTT''SSSSSSS WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2006 11:03:54 PM
Author: TierHog
thanks matt. i''ll do my best, from now on, to keep it simple for you....good reply, it had purpose.

Tierhog, don''t let Matt spoil the party for the rest of us. I look forward to every word of your posts & I know a lot of folks around here do too or they''re wouldn''t be as much traffic/look-ie-loos. I mean, Royals are purty, but we come for the PEOPLE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results