shape
carat
color
clarity

The Robbery

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry to read this. Some people are the scum of the earth. But I'm glad everybody is safe & nobody was hurt. I hope your jewellery gets found somehow & will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was so hard to read. I’m very sorry this happened to you and your family. I hope they find the perpetrators and your precious jewelry. Such a violation and I understand why your parents would now want to sell. Thank you for sharing and virtual warm wishes to your family.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How truly horrible, I’m so sorry. As other have said, the sense of violation that someone has invaded your private space, a place you thought of as sanctuary and safety, ugh, these people are beyond the lowest of the low.

I sounds as though you’re doing everything you can alerting pawn shops and checking listings for your items. I truly hope you find them.

Thank goodness your most precious gem, your daughter, and brave dog are fine.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry this happened to you and your family. Don't forget to check Poshmark as well.

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m so sorry! I’m relieved that your dog and your daughter are unharmed, but I can imagine your grief at losing those special things.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How awful for you! At least everyone is safe. I really hope you can recover some of the heirlooms. Such a horrible loss for you and your husband.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry for everything you‘ve lost, along with the sense of well-being for all of you. This is terrifying. Thankfully they were gone when your DD went in to shower! Seems like you were targeted as they knew right where to go on the premises (I‘m assuming your parent’s house wasn’t burgled). I’m sorry you all suffered this awful experience. I‘m hopeful some items will be recovered.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really sorry @collier. What a traumatic experience for you and your family. I'm so sorry you had to experience this. I am thankful along with everyone else that nobody was hurt. I hope that some of your jewelry can be recovered. Sending lots of comfort and hugs.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so so sorry this happened to you @collier It’s so traumatic to be invaded in such a way. I am relieved you and your family are safe. I can see why they put the property on the market. I am sending you healing wishes and much luck on Recovering your cherished pieces. I’m sure those of us here will be on the lookout for your heirlooms.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Sending lots of strength across the miles. I'll echo others about the safety of your pooch and daughter!

I wish you never had to endure this--I have lived your experience and it is very traumatizing . We also moved as a result.

I sincerely hope you and yours are healing and that your treasures find their way back to you.

Kind regards--Sharon

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no!! Terrible news. I’m SO sorry. Glad your family is safe!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is just horrible. I'm so, so sorry - as others have said, it's an egregious violation. It's no wonder your parents are promptly selling - I would, too. I am tremendously glad to hear that no one came to physical harm. Your dear pup could easily have been poisoned, injured, or killed; that so often happens to dogs in these situations when they try to interfere or sound the alarm. I do hope against hope that you can recover at least some of your treasured items. Most of all, I hope that you all can recover a sense of peace and security.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
So sorry! That’s awful.

in addition to Craigslist etc. have you tried seeing if there is a local Stolen Stuff Facebook or Instagram? Where people post pics of stolen items and the followers can keep an eye out. We have both where I live.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also check Mercari. I would make a list of all the sites mentioned and go through them daily to see if anything pops up.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is frightening to hear and thank goodness all of you are okay. It is particularly scary as you say it's a remote area and you were in a guest house up the hill. Who could have known you were there? I would hope that the police investigate that angle. Best of luck finding your heirlooms. Perhaps those on the antique jewelry area will be able to help as they do seem to keep an eye on all sorts of sites. I wish you the best of luck.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
How devastating. I've responded on the vintage jewelry page. Sending you healing hugs. We will all scan the pre-loved sites for you, you have an army of Pricescopers on your side searching.

W

westofhere

How awful. My sympathies especially for your daughter, who entered a space where there had just been intruders. Thank god they didn’t enter while she was there. She may want to speak to a therapist about this. Xo.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @collier . I'm hoping that somehow your pieces are recovered. I'm glad no one was physically hurt but
I know your mental peace can not easily be recovered. Sending comfort and hugs to you and your family.

caolsen

Brilliant_Rock
My heart goes out to you….

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear of your burglary, and especially the loss of special sentimental pieces, but extremely relieved that no one was harmed!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@collier I am so so sorry. I cannot imagine the horror you went/are going through but so very relieved you and your family, including your sweet brave dog, are all safe and sound. Truly the only precious gems that count. I am sending you so many good vibes and gentle comforting hugs. I am so sorry for your loss and hope that the thieves are caught and your valuables recovered. But most of all I am thankful you and your loved ones are safe. (((((Hugs)))))).

PriceScopeKayti

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Oh no! I am so sorry this is going on. Thank goodness your family is ok though, what a good dog <3 I wish you luck.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I’m so sorry this scary thing happened! May I recommend checking facebook marketplace for the pieces while you’re searching. There is so much jewellery on there that looks out of place and I’ve even had conversations with sellers who were obviously shady and hiding details.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry but very thankful your family is safe! I really hope your beautiful sentimental pieces will turn up! Perhaps it is good for your parents to be prompted to move, because it sounds like it is not safe for them to live in an isolated place as they get older, especially since your mother has already had a fall.

Dmndsr4evr11

Brilliant_Rock
We were robbed.

in the middle of the day
while we were there

It has been sometime and I am still in shock.

At home we are vigilant about locking the doors, turning on the alarm, being aware of our surroundings. But we were on vacation, visiting my parents, staying at the little guest house up the hill from their house. It was our little private paradise. They live on a large parcel of land, in a fairly remote area. It takes 20 minutes to get to the grocery store. The road to the house is a winding single lane with completely blind turns where you can easily run head on into an oncoming vehicle. If you do see another car, you or they have to back up into one of the little pull off areas to let the other car pass. When you do get to their property there is a gate that needs a code to open. In the 50 years of the neighborhood's existence, nothing like this has ever happened. That is little comfort now.

It was 3 pm when my kids and I decided it was time for a swim at the pool. My husband was finishing up a good book, and he came down after us roughly half an hour later. When he got there he asked about the dog. I had thought she was with him and he had thought that she was with me. Normally she likes to be with us. We called and called her. She finally came but was all upset, like we had never seen her. She was growling and barking. We assumed it was an animal in the area. We had seen a fairly large snake the day before.

The afternoon had cooled off, so we transitioned to the hot tub. My 11 year old doesn't like it, so we sent her up with the dog to the guest house to shower first. The bedroom where my husband and I stay has a sliding door out to a little patio that was wide open (both screen and slider). She didn't think anything of it, closed the screen door, fed the dog and got in the shower.

Having given her time to clean up before my turn in the shower, I popped out of the hot tub and headed up. I was taking off my stud and was going to switch my jewelry for dinner. My little travel jewelry bag was on the floor. With the screen door open, sometimes the wind is fairly strong. I searched the floor for my things and then it dawned upon me. We had been robbed. My jewelry and my husband's watches were gone.

We feel immense gratitude that all they took were things.
My dog and my daughter are fine.
We are pretty sure my dog is a hero.

We searched the area but found nothing. There were footprints in the leaves head off the patio but that was it.

What they took and didn't was equally as odd.

They took my jewelry, but not the bag it was all in. That was thrown across the room. I keep each of my pieces in a seperate little silk bag and then cluster them by type. So I had a bag with turquoise earrings, one with a bracelet and those were tucked into the bigger bag with the beaded necklace. Luckily, for me, they dropped the bag with my grandmother's pendant which must have felt empty.

They grabbed my husband's 40th bday watch and a vintage rose gold one my dad had given him. They didn't take the airpods that were sitting right next to them. They didn't take my purse, which was hanging on the door knob or my husband's wallet or the cash. Nor did they take the laptop, or the sterling bowls. Strangest of all, and we didn't figure this out until later, they did take my husband's vaccination card.

We reported it to the police at 4:24. It was hours later when the police arrived. They got lost trying to find the place, even after we gave them verbal turn-by-turn directions. We had to drive down to the main road and bring the officer up to the property. Unlike tv, there has been little information found. The officer said the exterior door was too dirty to finger print. The footprints weren't good enough impressions to guess a size let alone shoe type. Theoretically, they are investigating.

There were no cameras at the property. However, a neighbor does have several aimed at the only road in/out. After reviewing the footage, there were two unknown vehicles. One a white pickup truck with a red cooler going fairly slowly. The speed limit is 20, but even that is too fast in some areas. The other is a dark SUV going very quickly. In the roughly time frame, the dark SUV comes and leaves. The footage isn't good enough to make out the driver or the license plate. We think it is an Audi Q7, but can't be sure of that either.

I have called every pawn shop and estate jewelry place in a 30 mile radius. I have standing searches on ebay, craigslist, facebook marketplace, and offer up. We have registered the watches with the companies as stolen, so if they are ever survived they could be recovered. But we are pretty sure they disappeared just like whoever walked in and then ran down the mountain.

We had brought items with us that my parents/family that we would see would enjoy seeing us enjoy. These were special pieces.

The list of missing items and meaning

Omega Seamaster Professional 300M Whiteface -40th Bday
Rose Gold Breitling Premier circa 1948 -from my father
Vaccination Card

Ruby and Diamond ring- My dad gave it to my mom when I was born. She gave it to me for my 40th, we were supposed to go on a trip together but it got canceled due to covid so they sent this to me.

Ruby and diamond stud earrings- they were my aunts who died a few years ago

A large strand of antique natural coral- also my aunts who had inherited them from her aunt
A really long strand of tiny antique natural coral beads, also my aunts, also heirloom
A pair of coral earrings my parents gave to me to match the beads

The large natural turquoise bead necklace with diamond clasp I bought for myself when I got my dream job.

Heirloom French Turquoise and 18k screw on earrings- in the family for over 100 years. This is the loss that stings the most. If you have gotten this far, and are moved and want to help. Please read the post about these earrings in antique and vintage jewelry.

I am so sorry to hear this. It must be so scary. I am glad no one got hurt. Hope something turns up.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all again. It has been shocking, scary, enraging, sad, and more emotions than I can quite describe.

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sickened and so thankful your daughter and dog are okay...terrifying and terrible to read about. Just terrible.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results