shape
carat
color
clarity

The Ring is in the house!!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
So, I was in BF''s bedroom yesterday (we stay in separate bedrooms in the same condo) putting something in our document safe, and I saw the gift bag from the jewelers!!!

I didn''t look, so I don''t know if the ring was *in* the bag or not...but I at least know he brought it home and it''s here somewhere!!! I can''t believe it''s really happening!!! I have surprisingly little desire to find the ring. Perhaps it''s because we picked the setting out together. But I think it''s mostly because I know how much it means to him to surprise me with the proposal and the finished product.

Our 2 year anniversary is next Saturday, and he''s made some secret plans...here''s hoping!!!

Just thought I''d let you all know (especially since it''s been slow around here)!!!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
ooh! so exciting! congratulations!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An anniversary proposal sounds promising. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

peonies

Rough_Rock
how exciting! I have my fingers crossed for you!

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! So excited for you!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
WOOHOOO!

Wishing you luck

paris29

Shiny_Rock
How exciting. Keep us updated.

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
YEAH!!!!!!!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
VC, I''m going to be so mad at you if you get engaged while I''m on vacation and I have to wait to see the pictures!

(Not really - I''ll be jumping up and down with joy for you and trying to annoy your downstairs neighbour from way down here.)

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
How exciting!!!!! Here''s some ***DUST DUST DUST***!!!!

crossmyfingers

Shiny_Rock
36.gif
30.gif
10.gif
31.gif
16.gif
6.gif
19.gif
9.gif

EXCITING!!!

(And maybe after you leave the list, I'll get some of your leftover dust when I take over your spot, and I'll get engaged too!)

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
AH! How exciting! Can''t wait to hear about it!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Don''t look, don''t look!!!!!
2.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh that''s so exciting! I applaud you for not looking at the ring! It will be so much better as a surprise!

*************DUST************

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2010 11:26:10 PM
Author: princesss
VC, I''m going to be so mad at you if you get engaged while I''m on vacation and I have to wait to see the pictures!

(Not really - I''ll be jumping up and down with joy for you and trying to annoy your downstairs neighbour from way down here.)

HAHAHAHA! That sounds like an excellent idea!
36.gif

Thanks for all the good wishes ladies, I''ll definitely keep you all posted! I asked BF to move the bag so that I wouldn''t even know where *IT* was anymore, let alone the ring, and it''s pretty much removed all temptation! I''m going to enjoy these last few days being his girlfriend by trying to figure out what the dickens to get him for our anniversary!
3.gif

redhead02

Shiny_Rock
Wooooo! That''s awesome, keep us posted! I know how you feel kinda - the stone we chose is arriving Tuesday and I''m so excited.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAJOR AMOUNTS OF DUST, VC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
WOOOOOHOOOOO! I''m so happy and excited for you, VC! I agree that the anniversary proposal sounds very promising, and very sweet. Looking forward to hearing your news!!!

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
OOOOOOOOh so exciting! ***DUST***

TheyCall

Rough_Rock
Aw, that is so exciting! I can''t believe you could ask him to re-hide it without even looking to see if there was a ring box! I wouldn''t want to see the ring, but you know - curiosity killed the cat, so i probably would look! LOL. my BF would totally make me wait forever if he knew I snooped. Tons of DUST for you and here''s to hoping I am never in the spot you were in because it would postpone things foreverrrr.

A

Anonymous

Good for you for not peeking! I saw mine too...grabbed the box, started to crack it open...realized I did NOT want to ruin the surprise of seeing the ring when he propose, so I threw it back up on the shelf. Then I practically ran to the other room to ask him to hide it better.
32.gif

ArtistJess

Shiny_Rock
ahh, he''s totally gonna do it next weekend!
9.gif

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

Thanks for all the support, everyone!

Just a short update...I haven''t once tried to look for the ring! I''m so proud of myself! I just want that moment when he puts it on my finger to be THAT MUCH BETTER because I''m seeing my sparkly for the first time!

Today is the two year anniversary of the first time I saw him.

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
He sat next to me on a shuttle bus on the way home from work back to our apartment complex. I got his first name, but no number, and was brokenhearted when he got off the bus without asking mine.
15.gif
I thought for sure that he must be taken...that some lucky girl had snagged him before me. I rode the bus home the same time the next day hoping to catch him anyway...just to get a confirmation--no luck. But the day after that, it was a Thursday, after saving the seat next to me with my gym bag in hopes that he would be on the bus--he got on. And I called him over to sit down next to me. We chatted more, found out we were both single, exchanged numbers, and that night, we walked to the Chinese restaurant in the strip mall near our apartments for dinner, and then walked around the pond in the park across the street, where he kissed me under the gazeebo and told me I was beautiful **swoon**.
9.gif
And the rest, as they say, is history.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
That is such a sweet story, VC! I''ll be anxiously checking the LIW board for a new thread in two days!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results