shape
carat
color
clarity

The ring I want

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys. I feel that the time has come for me to share the picture of the ring that I want. I keep visiting the ring in the shop and I think it''s beautiful, but I''m worried that it may be a little too large. hehe. Do you guys think the ring is too big? Is there even such a thing as a ring that''s too big and loud?

ring22184.jpg

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think the ring set is large, it''s very pretty. Do you prefer the four small diamonds in the middle vs. the one large center diamond?

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I used to think that... but diamonds will grow on you.
9.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oohhh...VERY pretty! I hope you get what you''re dreaming about!
2.gif

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 4:49:52 PM
Author: tlh
9.gif
No, they shrink!! Then you need to get bigger ones.
9.gif
10.gif

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/3/2009 6:25:09 PM
Author: sunnyd

9.gif
9.gif
10.gif
ditto and ditto!!!

31.gif

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous!
1.gif

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the opinions guys. I think you guys are right. How could I have possibly thought that a diamond ring could be too big?!! hehe
9.gif

news_girl: Ya, I like it with the four stones instead of the one stone because it sparkles more. I have heard that with quad cuts, it''s easier to lose one of the center stones, however the ring comes with a lifetime warranty, so I think I''ll take a chance and go with the additional sparkle. hehe
2.gif

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:30:30 AM
Author: mochamamasita
news_girl: Ya, I like it with the four stones instead of the one stone because it sparkles more. I have heard that with quad cuts, it''s easier to lose one of the center stones, however the ring comes with a lifetime warranty, so I think I''ll take a chance and go with the additional sparkle. hehe
2.gif

That is AWESOME, I didn''t even know what a quad cut was prior to this! I can definitely see how it would sparkle more, especially with all of the surrounding diamonds. Keep us posted on the hinting/shopping process, I''d love to know more about quad cuts. I''m a huge sucker for halo settings and that one is just beautiful.
1.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2009 11:30:30 AM
Thanks for the opinions guys. I think you guys are right. How could I have possibly thought that a diamond ring could be too big?!! hehe
9.gif

2.gif
My friend I used to work with had a quad center. Now it''s not MY taste, BUT it was especially gorgeous and sparkled like mad (there is NO denying that) what matters is that YOU love it. I think that style with thhose centers looks great, that ring is just dripping with diamonds!

Good luck

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
quads are good bang for your buck. My cousin has one, and it looks HUGE and very sparkly!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Quad cut=illusion setting?

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! I love the accent diamonds all around the ring.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the compliments guys. I can''t wait until I get to wear it one day.
1.gif

news_girl: Ya, I had never even heard of a quad cut before I saw this ring. hehe

trillionaire: Ya, it definitely seems like the quads give you more bang for your buck. The ring would be waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more expensive if I was just getting one big center stone instead of four small ones.

FrekeChild: They say that it''s an invisible setting because there''s no metal in between the four center diamonds so it''s supposed to make it look like one big diamond. (Even though it''s supposed to be an invisible setting, it''s VERY obvious that it''s four center stones instead of one big one, but I''m ok with it looking like four stones)

fuzzers

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to say that I saw a ring like this in person and it sparkled like MAD!
6.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know someone who has this ring! It's certainly sparkly (at least her stones were). She didn't realize that it was four stones, though (or she pretended not to), which made me a bit worried because that type of setting is often very precarious and needs special care.

I wasn't aware that having four invisible-set stones sparkled more than one large one, was that your impression while looking at the ring or was that something a salesperson explained to you?

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
musey: lol. That''s so funny that she acted like she didn''t know it was four stones!!!! hehe. I''m hoping that she was just pretending not to know.

It''s just my personal opinion that the 4 stones sparkle more because I saw the ring in the store and they had another version with one large diamond, but it seemed like the one with 4 stones sparkled more
21.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 11:32:01 AM
It's just my personal opinion that the 4 stones sparkle more because I saw the ring in the store and they had another version with one large diamond, but it seemed like the one with 4 stones sparkled more
21.gif
Interesting!

I'm not trying to discourage you, but it's quite possible (even probable) that that had more to do with the quality of the single stone than anything else (including the construction of both rings), especially if the ring is from a chain B&M store as they are notorious for stocking poorly cut stones (especially in princess cuts).

Here is a useful video on cut quality in princesses. You can find more videos here.

We just like people to have all the information
35.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 12:02:58 PM
Author: musey
Date: 3/6/2009 11:32:01 AM

It''s just my personal opinion that the 4 stones sparkle more because I saw the ring in the store and they had another version with one large diamond, but it seemed like the one with 4 stones sparkled more
21.gif

Interesting!

I''m not trying to discourage you, but it''s quite possible (even probable) that that had more to do with the quality of the single stone than anything else (including the construction of both rings), especially if the ring is from a chain B&M store as they are notorious for stocking poorly cut stones (especially in princess cuts).

Here is a useful video on cut quality in princesses. You can find more videos here.

We just like people to have all the information
35.gif

4 smaller diamonds in lighting that has the potential to use all of the virtual facets has 4x the potential number of sparkles but each sparkle will be smaller if the stones are of the same make as the larger stone.

Think crushed ice cushion vs chunky cushion, the principle is the same.
In lower lighting the larger stone will pull away due to the ability to return larger chunks of light just like the chunky cushion will.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Hey mochamama, you sound very sweet to me, and I hope you get the ring of your dreams soon. I love this triple band look, it''s lots of fun!

I can see how the invisible setting would sparkle more, because of the four diamonds, just as strm explained. I think it would look great on you!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Bling it on! :)

Seriously, your setting is interesting and I say if you like it go for it. However, I have also read those illusion settings can be tricky in terms of care, so if you are hard on your rings (like me), you might want to sleep on it. This is assuming you plan to wear your e-ring often.

Still though, as Musey mentioned, I hope you research princess cut stones on this forum and with quality online vendors. Princess cut stones will not sparkle as much as a well cut round, however, some of the more popular online vendors have princess cut stones that put those B&M stones to shame. Also, you have to consider lighting conditions in B&M stores, which are designed to bring out the best in their cruddy stones.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Wow, you guys sound so knowledgeable about the diamonds. I guess I''ll have to do a little research myself so that I can try to bring my diamond knowledge up to you guys’ level. hehe. Well, thanks for the tips guys.
emsmile.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:55:25 AM
Wow, you guys sound so knowledgeable about the diamonds. I guess I'll have to do a little research myself so that I can try to bring my diamond knowledge up to you guys' level. hehe. Well, thanks for the tips guys.
emsmile.gif
This is a diamond education forum, after all
2.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol
Date: 3/3/2009 6:25:09 PM
Author: sunnyd

9.gif
9.gif
10.gif
agreed
31.gif

that''s going to shine !

Bliss

Ideal_Rock
That is very blingy! Love it!

Can''t wait to see the hand shots! Do you plan to wear a wedding band with it?

Congrats! It''ll get a lot of attention, but it''s definitely not too big!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No such thing as too big around here! Congrats!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 11:55:25 AM
Wow, you guys sound so knowledgeable about the diamonds. I guess I''ll have to do a little research myself so that I can try to bring my diamond knowledge up to you guys’ level. hehe. Well, thanks for the tips guys.
emsmile.gif
do head over to rockytalky and read over all the threads, you will get knowledgable in no time.
But don''t let that detor your decision on the ring you love, the one you showed us was very pretty and nothing to be ashamed of.

mochamamasita

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 3:44:46 PM
Author: Bliss
That is very blingy! Love it!

Can''t wait to see the hand shots! Do you plan to wear a wedding band with it?

Congrats! It''ll get a lot of attention, but it''s definitely not too big!
I think I''ll wear the middle ring with all the diamonds on it while I''m engaged and then I''ll wear the two bands once I get married.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results