shape
carat
color
clarity

the quest to find my dream ring/setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
I thought I''d follow suit and create a space for me to take note of my dream rings/settings. I still really love the Michael B princess setting. I tried it on recently and it was everything I thought it would be. Delicate, feminine and sparkly. I like the 4 prong high setting. I think the trend these days seem to be lower settings, but I tried those on and hated them on me.

I am also looking for the "complete package" in regards to ering and wedding band. I want to like the set together. I can''t imagine only wearing my ering or just my wedding band. I think I would wear both together ALL the time.

I tried on a Memoire Paris set that I liked while I was in San Jose. The ering was a 4 prong setting with little diamonds all the way aorund in a shared prong setting. The wedding band matched it exactly. It was very pretty! But I can''t for the life of me find a picture of it online.

My boyfriend really likes the plain 6 prong tiffany setting. I was against it at first, but looking at the ering with the shared prong eternity wedding band on the Tiffany''s site (we wouldn''t buy from Tiffany''s) kind of changed my mind. =)

And then of course there''s this beautiful 6c cushion in a Harry Winston setting. I tried on knife-edge settings with diamonds embedded in the band, but I just don''t like the thicker settings on my hand. My hands are small to begin with and slightly on the stubby side. My ring size is 4.25 and I think I need/want (same thing right?) a more delicate setting.

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Here is the Michael B I tried on and loved! Atleast, I think it''s this one.

mydreamring.jpg

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
this is the setting my boyfriend likes best - plain tiffany style.

tiffanyset.jpg

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
I love love love that Michael B. setting!!!!! There are a few version of the princess setting -- well you have a few choices, that is:

* Micropave or step-down pave (the one in your picture is step-down, the one I've attached here is micropave -- notice how step down has the little "v"'s in the metal and the micropave looks like the diamonds are pushed down and enveloped by the metal)

* Straight prongs or rounded prongs (your picture shows rounded, the one below is straight)

* High, medium, or low profile center stone setting (your picture is low, the picture attached is medium)

You may have tried on a step-down pave with straight prongs with a medium or high profile. I'm madly in love with the micropave with rounded prongs and lower profile. Michael B.'s designs are SO beautiful and well crafted. It's pricey -- but from what I understand you really can't go wrong. please please please let me get one!!! oh PLEASE!!!!

EDITED TO ADD:
I forgot the other variation in this setting --

* princess or princess petit band width -- former is 2.2mm and latter is 2.0

18P18 Princessmicro-pave straight prongs 2mm.jpg

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Cath, omg... DUH. I never once thought to do a PS search for the ring! Thank you! I was about to email the salesperson in San Jose to email me pics if posssible!

It looks so different in person than in pictures, but I guess everyone says that huh?

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
And here is the Harry Winston one I like... it would be the one on the right *swoon*

ringsilove.jpg

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
hmm... a six carat anything would make me happy. I think that would be the biggest diamond on pricescope to date.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
1.gif
I remember drooling over that Memoire ring for a long time...until I discovered Michael B. I have to say that I would be happy with either though!

I agree that a thinner band would look better on you -- but I am a sucker for thin bands in general.

It sounds like the Michael B really called to you -- if so, get that one! You can drive yourself mad looking at all different kinds of settings, but I think once you try them on you''ll know which ones you really love and which ones work on you.

I have a tiffany style 6 prong -- DH''s choice, even though he knew I wanted something a little "different".
20.gif
I still love it -- but I do see it EVERYWHERE.
20.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 5:56
6.gif
8 PM
Author: SJS1234
I love love love that Michael B. setting!!!!! There are a few version of the princess setting -- well you have a few choices, that is:

* Micropave or step-down pave (the one in your picture is step-down, the one I''ve attached here is micropave -- notice how step down has the little ''v''''s in the metal and the micropave looks like the diamonds are pushed down and enveloped by the metal)

* Straight prongs or rounded prongs (your picture shows rounded, the one below is straight)

* High, medium, or low profile center stone setting (your picture is low, the picture attached is medium)

You may have tried on a step-down pave with straight prongs with a medium or high profile. I''m madly in love with the micropave with rounded prongs and lower profile. Michael B.''s designs are SO beautiful and well crafted. It''s pricey -- but from what I understand you really can''t go wrong. please please please let me get one!!! oh PLEASE!!!!

EDITED TO ADD:

I forgot the other variation in this setting --

* princess or princess petit band width -- former is 2.2mm and latter is 2.0

OK, now you lost me. How many version of this ring are there? Are you saying this style is one you can customize? That would be so cool!

It''s so hard to tell which one it is that I tried on at the jeweler, but they only had one style. Did you get all this info from Bill Pearlman?

Does the low, medium, high profile - is that how high the diamond sits up? Geez, this is more complicated than I thought!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/20/2005 1:22:49 PM
Author: twinkletoes

OK, now you lost me. How many version of this ring are there? Are you saying this style is one you can customize? That would be so cool!

It''s so hard to tell which one it is that I tried on at the jeweler, but they only had one style. Did you get all this info from Bill Pearlman?

Does the low, medium, high profile - is that how high the diamond sits up? Geez, this is more complicated than I thought!
YES -- that is what I''m saying -- you can customize to some extent. You can select the profile level (yes, high profile siits up higher, etc.), the straight or rounded prongs, the micro or step-down pave, and the 2.0 or 2.2 band width. And YES -- Bill Pearlman spent a really long time on the phone with me explaining everything. I doubt that ANYone knows as much about these settings as he does. I just love that man.

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
The Memoire eternity band e-ring setting I think you''re talking about is on the Pearlman''s site too, but for some reason it''s not labeled Memoire. It''s in the "Pearlmans Designs" section. The matching band is labeled Memoire within that section in the description, but the e-ring MUST be memoire too. I LOVE this ring. The price varies a lot depending on the stone size of course. I think the prongs look kinda clunky, I wonder if they could be contoured a little more?

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Hello LIW:

I am not a LIW (yet)...but I do love reading all of your stories!! Anyway, I read above about questions re: Memoire rings. I found a pic at www.denatale.com (click on "bridal") which shows their "petite prong" setting with a different profile than that on the Pearlman''s website. This may give a better indication of the thinness of the band. Not sure about the altering of the prongs though.

If I am unable to attach the pic, just click on the link above. Hope this helps!

Attachments

• memden.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 556

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
YAY!! You guys are the best! Thank you for finding the Memoire Paris set photo for me! Now I have more photos to ambush my bf with. LOL

The one I tried on was very dainty and the mall store quoted me just over $3K for the setting only. Oh, and there was no stone set in the setting so I couldn''t really tell if the prongs would look thick & clunky or not.

memoireset.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results