shape
carat
color
clarity

The Princess Leah...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I wish I knew how to paste the picture here...sorry...but this is the ugliest setting I''ve seen in a while...I like to call it the "princess leah"...lol
14.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=67726&item=4910895209&rd=1

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
You are right~! It is UGLY~!
14.gif

ugly.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...thanks for posting it!!

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
Princess Leah is pretty apt- it also reminds me of big shoulder pads and rock'em sock'em robots with tall square head......

researcher

Ideal_Rock
What in the heck is that?!?! That's HORRIBLE!!! Your name for it sure is apropos!

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you're not casting any aspersions on my name! (well, certainly not on my taste, I have to agree with everyone on that)

2.gif

-Lea

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hey, I resemble that remark.

I own the necklace worn by Princess Leah in the first Starwars series. It was a limited production called "Planetary Valleys", designed in 1969. It's quite sculptural. I love it. All I can say is that I get tons of compliments when I wear it.

I don't remember P. Leah being OT (except for the weird hair). Now, the Dynasty gang - another story.
9.gif
6.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
F&I,

The setting resembles Princess Leah's hair! It is the same style. Too funny MMM!

I would love to see your necklace F&I as I cannot quite remember it from the original Star Wars movie (even though I saw it at the movie theater - now I' dating myself
cry.gif
). Can you post pics??

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Sure, will do tomorrow!

And, you guys can decide for yourselves!
9.gif

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I like how it described SI2 as "Flawless."

A real classic......
tongue.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
I agree that this setting is a little much...Not what I would pick at all...

But then I realized that its main attribute is very similar to one of my favorites that I have saved on my hard drive (a Richard Landi)

So I'm just curious whether you all think this one is ugly for a similar reason? I don't care either way, it just raised curiosity is all...

I'll post one more pic at a 3/4 angle...

GS611A.jpg

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
No offense, but that ring resembles a belt buckle. As for the princess leah ring....Do the shoulder pads sit higher than the center stone? lol

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
katrina_33, I like the ring~! Are those fancy colored diamonds on the side?
love.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/12/2004 7:29:50 PM icelady wrote:

F&I,

I would love to see your necklace F&I as I cannot quite remember it from the original Star Wars movie (even though I saw it at the movie theater - now I' dating myself
cry.gif
). Can you post pics??----------------

Hah! I saw it in the movie theatre (at least you didn't say "the picture show")! 1977 - so predates the big shoulder trend of the 80's. Here's the necklace she wore in the final scene, though it was first designed in 1969. I love the original series. I have not enjoyed the more recent ones though.

Regarding the ring w/ the colored stones. Too fussy for me. I'm not sure about it for an engagement ring; but, I do think it would make a lovely cocktail ring.

starwars.jpg

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 7/15/2004 8:48:31 AM Diamondsbybree wrote:

katrina_33, I like the ring~! Are those fancy colored diamonds on the side?
love.gif

----------------

Yep, yellow diamonds I believe.

Yeah it doesn't look very engagement ring-ish, that's for sure!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
OMG- I just laughed out loud re: the SHOULDER PADS!!!! LOL

And for the ring you've posted Katrina...it's not my taste, but it looks well designed and it is not offensive. I think the Princess Leah is just a joke!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results