shape
carat
color
clarity

The "Perfect" Padparadscha

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this on MS Rau -- not where I shop, btw -- but it reminded me of this thread.

The "DuPont Padparadscha" at > 24 its with an AGL appendix (they say) highlighting it's vibrant hue for this color type.

I love this intense color. Not much orange but who am I to argue with an AGL super-duper appendix. I guess the skin tone pulls a little purple so the video (this is a frame-grab) may not be 100% accurate. But even factoring that in, it's truly amazing. I guess it was good to be a DuPont back in the day, travel to Ceylon, and say "show me your best sapphires" (as the retelling went on the Rau video).

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 11.03.36 PM.jpg

That is absolutely not pad colour to my eye.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The DuPont is amazing, but I see what I would call a serious shift into magenta sapphire. I looked at the short video Rau's has and it looks pad there. It's definitely an interesting stone.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I’ve always admired this photo of a padparadcha. BTW, I hate the abbreviation, “pad,” female hygiene products come to mind. Lol 948FF54C-D24F-4BDC-B4A6-CBCFC897DE49.jpeg

That is a gorgeous example- as for the abbreviation- I like it bc the long form is too darn hard to spell! Haha!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
6E0C75FB-A046-4435-A3F5-9717B476F5EE.jpeg

This is a photo of the DuPont pad on Christie’s website - same ring - stone looks entirely different

Wait so that was you bidding against me. I thought I recognized that bracelet...

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just saw this on MS Rau -- not where I shop, btw -- but it reminded me of this thread.

The "DuPont Padparadscha" at > 24 its with an AGL appendix (they say) highlighting it's vibrant hue for this color type.

I love this intense color. Not much orange but who am I to argue with an AGL super-duper appendix. I guess the skin tone pulls a little purple so the video (this is a frame-grab) may not be 100% accurate. But even factoring that in, it's truly amazing. I guess it was good to be a DuPont back in the day, travel to Ceylon, and say "show me your best sapphires" (as the retelling went on the Rau video).

Screen Shot 2022-11-09 at 11.03.36 PM.jpg

I've googled this and it's not as purple, I mean it'sdifferent by a mile. Could it be colour shifting?

@LilAlex and @Ionysis Wow! Huuuuuge difference in color between those two photos!! Just goes to show what different lighting and equipment does to a gem's apparent color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results