shape
carat
color
clarity

The OTHER SMTB - Show Me The BLOOMS

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, DF, not boobs, bazooms or breasts!

A lot of PSers are cultivating some beautiful blooms! :love: Let's start a thread to shamelessly show them off!!! :appl:

I bought 1 and 2 qt hydrangea plants in April and I'm so proud that one of them - the everlasting ocean hydrangea is rivaling the 3 gallon variegated lacecap hydrangea I planted a few weeks ago and has its first flower!

I have another hydrangea that came quart size that's about to pop two flowers for me soon - everlasting revolution! One is going to be a medium pink. The other bud is still a mystery. These revolution hydrangeas are supposedly multicolor :???: :?: :lol:

Yay!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

img_11984.jpg

img_11986.jpg

img_11987.jpg

img_11988.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Smaller, but growing beautifully! My everlasting revolution hydrangea! ALMOST ready to pop!

img_11989.jpg

img_11990.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Close up of the ground cover we have everywhere. Can't recall the name but there's two different purples a pink a white and a yellow. This is just part of a purple

_4383.jpeg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I PUFFY HEART the stripey/variegated ones!!! :love: :love: :love: I NEED some!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy. This is my kind of SMTB these days! :love: Here are a few from recent weeks.

hollyhock.jpg

hydrangeaoakleaf.jpg

nasturtium1.jpg

_37623.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:dance:

oregon_house_march_2016b.jpg

norma_april_2016b.jpg

img_11991.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, I took an orchid class recently, it was fascinating! The guy who gave the presentation started in 1962 with 250 orchids and now he has 50-70k. They are more interesting than diamonds. I found the breeding process particularly intricate and captivating. Not sure I'm ready to start orchids yet but one of these years I'd like to start a collection.

These are lilies from my parents' perennial garden. They have some nice specimens!

daylily1.jpg

daylily2.jpg

tigerlilies.jpg

perennialgarden.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1466817024|4047897 said:
Monnie your blooms and photography are INCREDIBLE!! :love: :love: :love: I want to poke the screen to touch the flowers! :loopy: :wacko: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I see really pretty flowers I want to "pet" them :lol: :lol: :lol: (PB needs some impulse control!!!)

DF beautiful!!

Link to Packrat's BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL front and back yard thread!
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-yard-2016.223834/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-yard-2016.223834/[/URL]

Why thank you PintoBean! I love all the photoediting programs and apps--I have no photography skills but I have played around enough and figured a few things about how to manipulate images at this point. And you're not weird; I want to pet all the pretty flowers, too. Sometimes I do!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two edible flowers are nasturtiums and pansies. I've been saving seeds from nasturtiums for the past couple years and starting them inside before transplanting outside. I just love them. The pansies were transplanted by birds, I guess, from their brick planter to about 10 feet away at the bottom of a bush. I always enjoy finding those little surprises. Last year it was tadpoles in the rain barrel!

_37628.jpg

pansies.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous blooms!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Waaaah :(( I am waging the battle of the century with snails. For each that dies, 100 replace it. This is my pathetic little patch edging the front walk. Everything should be full and lush by now, instead they are hanging on by a thread, except for the hosta on the porch.

mix.jpg

hosta.jpg

kalanchoe.jpg

front_patch.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
PintoBean|1466816229|4047883 said:
I PUFFY HEART the stripey/variegated ones!!! :love: :love: :love: I NEED some!

Pretty cool isn't it?? Blooms early spring til frost and this past winter was pretty mild--it was green all winter, bloomed under the snow this spring too. We got it from my parents-dad can't remember what it's called. It's growing up thru the cracks in the bricking of the back patio-it's all over in the iris, in a couple of the hosta beds..good thing we love it ha! This is the stuff we put on the inside of the walkways in the front yard.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, I have a few more and then I'll stop monopolizing this thread, I swear!

The orange blossoms are butterfly weed. Monarch butterflies love it. The pink and white is a small flowering bush called spirea. And the pink daisy is everyone's favorite happy flower, the Gerbera daisy. Those last two are growing in my friend's gorgeous garden/landscape. I am nothing if not an appreciative guest!

butterflyweed.jpg

spirea.jpg

gerberadaisy.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1466817623|4047909 said:
Monnie your blooms and photography are INCREDIBLE!! :love: :love: :love: I want to poke the screen to touch the flowers! :loopy: :wacko: :lol: :lol: :lol: When I see really pretty flowers I want to "pet" them :lol: :lol: :lol: (PB needs some impulse control!!!)

DF beautiful!!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-yard-2016.223834/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/packrats-yard-2016.223834/[/URL]

Why thank you PintoBean! I love all the photoediting programs and apps--I have no photography skills but I have played around enough and figured a few things about how to manipulate images at this point. And you're not weird; I want to pet all the pretty flowers, too. Sometimes I do!

Spring/Summer make me practically manic, just so giddy to see the plants/flowers. So happy. When we tour in the beginning of the season and the hostas start poking out, I do touch them, and I spend the early few weeks when things are starting to come along, walking around, touching and talking (sometimes baby talking, don't judge me) to them.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packie, I think that looks like lamium but not sure; I've never grown it. It certainly is pretty!

DF, here is a table full of orchids. And PintoBean, your favorite coleus. I'm telling you, just go snitch a couple cuttings from your neighbor--it's so easy to grow.

_37629.jpg

coleus.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1466819634|4047931 said:
monarch64|1466817623|4047909 said:

DF beautiful!!

Spring/Summer make me practically manic, just so giddy to see the plants/flowers. So happy. When we tour in the beginning of the season and the hostas start poking out, I do touch them, and I spend the early few weeks when things are starting to come along, walking around, touching and talking (sometimes baby talking, don't judge me) to them.
Uhhh... your garden is gorgeous, and if baby talk helps, yeah, I'll be in the backyard tomorrow baby talking up a storm... "Mama give you wawa wittle wittle hydWangea, gwow big and fwower for mama..." :errrr: :wacko: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64 said:

The orange blossoms are butterfly weed. Monarch butterflies love it. The pink and white is a small flowering bush called spirea. And the pink daisy is everyone's favorite happy flower, the Gerbera daisy. Those last two are growing in my friend's gorgeous garden/landscape. I am nothing if not an appreciative guest!
No Monnie - you can't just SMTB and stop. That would make you an SMTB tease! MONOPOLIZE and monopolize some more, PLEASE!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1466819855|4047934 said:
Packie, I think that looks like lamium but not sure; I've never grown it. It certainly is pretty!

DF, here is a table full of orchids. And PintoBean, your favorite coleus. I'm telling you, just go snitch a couple cuttings from your neighbor--it's so easy to grow.
Beautiful Monnie!.. :appl:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lamium-yep, I recognize the name from years ago when we got our first clump from my parents. He knew it back then anyway.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1466819995|4047939 said:
monarch64 said:

No Monnie - you can't just SMTB and stop. That would make you an SMTB tease! MONOPOLIZE and monopolize some more, PLEASE!!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Hey, "no" means "no," lady! Hahaha! :lol:

Here are some hollyhocks at my parents' house. I even wrote a little poem about this photo because plants make me feel very prose-y. (Emily Dickinson knew what was up.)

"vertical"

puffy clouds make perfect pincushions in the sky
as hocks of holly aim to perforate them
while a little girl extends her pointed foot
in cartwheel motion
and the thick-trunked tree bends to mimic unfolded buds
the downspout remains the same--straight, hard, narrow.

verticallineshollyhocks.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bee Balm/Monarda. This is in the back by the garage. There's a row of hostas directly behind the garage, then a walkway of railroad ties (that has heucheras and ground cover growing inside it haha!) and then the these are right on the inside back part of the garden bed w/the walkways in the back yard. These started as three of the hot pinkish color and one on each side of those three, sort of the lavenderish color. They've spread like crazy and we love them. We got some super short violet ones in the back bed, and then we got some short red ones in the front bed, but they're not blooming yet.

Also, a picture of the orange honeysuckle vine when it's in bloom, on the tree. We've got them everywhere, but they're not all blooming now, so aren't in the yard pics I put up. We've got 7 on the trees, five on the fences. Will add another pic from my phone of how most of them looked this year and tell a funny story.

beebalm.jpg

honeysuckle.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
sideways, sorry!
So, the funny story---the orange honeysuckle in the previous picture? That was a clipping from the same plant as this one. All of our honeysuckle clippings are from the same original grouping of three plants on the stump bed. Started as two reds and a yellow, or two yellows and a red, we can't recall which. They turned to orange. All three of them. We got clippings from the vines drooping down and rooting in the dirt. We planted one on the fence. It bloomed orange for a few years--now it's yellow/white. And it has a scent. We have another clipping we put on the fence last year. It was orange last year. This year it's yellow/white. And it has a scent. The other side of the tree in the picture w/the orange honeysuckle has a clipping that was put up a year ahead of the one in the picture--this year it was orange/white/yellow--and the white/yellow part has a scent. I'm betting this orange one will turn next year. Can't figure this shit out. Oh, AND the leaves changed structure! What the HELL??? The one that bloomed orange/white/yellow--has TWO different leaf structures on it!

Our yard is possessed.

_4386.jpeg

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
This grows up the downspout every year. Didn't plant it s not exactly sure what it is.

It sure is pretty though !

img_20160625_115101.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, that's clematis! They get really large and showy. A friend of mine gave me one for a birthday gift this year and I finally got around to planting it last week after lots of research on its needs. They are lovely plants.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks like a clematis to me!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Collage%202016-06-25%2010_32_32.jpg

Soon-to-be peaches in our yard! Tons of tiny green ones now, but looking forward to when we can eat them :)

Collage%202016-06-25%2010_33_02.jpg
Our backyard in our new house. It's our first ever house and we love it!

Collage%202016-06-25%2010_31_59.jpg
Lots of rose bushes in our backyard. Love when they bloom!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great thread! Here are a couple of mine:

img_11999.jpg

img_12000.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread could put anyone in a good mood. When things get heated in hangout maybe we should offer flowers instead of pie.

Monnie, Your photography skill are incredible. I love all the flowers your posted.

Dancing Fire, Your orchids are gorgeous. I've heard they are really hard to grow. Yours look so beautiful! (I swear your are really my dad. We have the exact same discussions that you and I have on many subjects and you would take his side on everything!)

Loves Dogs, Your roses are gorgeous!

Packrat, Matata, Chem Girl and Pinto Bean, It is obvious you know what your doing in the garden. What a happy thread. Thank you Pinto Bean for starting it.

Madam Bijoux, Your jewelry sure goes well with your plants! Your picture was double the thrill!!!

I need to learn how to post pictures.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1466884459|4048300 said:
This thread could put anyone in a good mood. When things get heated in hangout maybe we should offer flowers instead of pie.

Monnie, Your photography skill are incredible. I love all the flowers your posted.

Dancing Fire, Your orchids are gorgeous. I've heard they are really hard to grow. Yours look so beautiful! (I swear your are really my dad. We have the exact same discussions that you and I have on many subjects and you would take his side on everything!)

Loves Dogs, Your roses are gorgeous!

Packrat, Matata, Chem Girl and Pinto Bean, It is obvious you know what your doing in the garden. What a happy thread. Thank you Pinto Bean for starting it.

Madam Bijoux, Your jewelry sure goes well with your plants! Your picture was double the thrill!!!

I need to learn how to post pictures.

Thank you, Calliecake :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results