shape
carat
color
clarity

"The One!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
My wedding gown shopping experience:
At first it was very frustrating because I knew exactly the style that I wanted and after tirelessly looking through The Knot for gowns at my price range I had found about 20 gowns that I wanted to try on. The gowns were from David’s Bridal, Jessica McClintock, Raylia, Jasmine, and Essence of Australia. All were very affordable and my style but with the exception of David’s Bridal and Jessica McClintock not one of the gowns were in stock in my area within a 100 mile radius.

To my surprise both bridal salons were great to work with. All of the gowns that I wanted to try on were available, sometimes not in the right size but good enough to try on. I found that these two shops worked for me because they were both open every single day. Jessica McClintock Boutique is in the mall so they were open until 9:30 pm Monday-Saturday and Sunday till 6:00 pm. The hours at David’s Bridal were pretty similar so I could go after work. The thing about these shops is that I never had to go on a Saturday and endure the crowds. The sad thing is that I had heard not so good things about David’s Bridal in particular but my experience was great every single time. The moral of the story for me is that I am glad that I did not listen to all the rants about David’s Bridal. Anyway, here is the gown that I chosen.

The 1.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love this one but would have to take it in a bit.

1st Runner up.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Love this one too but just quite not my style at the bottom.

2nd Runner Up.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Nice.

Another1.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Nice too.

Another2.jpg

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Last one.

Another3.jpg

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
You know.. I am going to go bold and say that I like the one that you did not like. It looks bold, flattering and sassy in my opinion. I think the others are nice.. but think this one makes a statement. But I also think you should wear one that you feel more comfortable in as well. I know the one I like is not something that I could ''pull off'' but I certainly think you do so.... Keep us up to date!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
It''s beautiful! It looks much better on you than it does on the model in the picture from your other post. I love it when real people look better in the dresses than the models
25.gif
Congratulations!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Well I can see why you choose the one you did! It is very lady like, are you going to wear a veil?

I love number two as well....very flattering style were they both from David''s Bridal?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
lm,
i can see why this is ''the one''! you look fabulous in that dress and you wear it beautifully! it''s perfect on you.
2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
BTW the first one is my second pic.. probably cause you look so happy in it!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Thanks ladies for your honestly!
2.gif

The thing is is that I always wanted a sleek and elegant wedding gown. The 1st runner up is a Jessica McClintock gown for only $590.00, can you believe it? The reason why I was attracted to this gown was because of the top and but the bottom just isn''t for me. The 1 is from David''s Bridal for only $399.00. I am a strong believer that spending a lot of money won''t necessarily get you a better gown. As of right now, I haven''t bought anything but when I put the dress on the other night I knew it was the one for me.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Opps, the 2nd runner up is the Jessica McClintock and the 1st runner up is also from David''s Bridal at $399 too.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
A veil, probably not, but who knows.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
LM, I love the dress you chose. I am a firm believer in wearing a veil on your wedding day, so I think you should definitely at least go try some on to see how you feel. PLEASE try on some full length ones too. I thought that full length ones were not for me and ended up wearing a simple short one. Then of course seeing other folks choices on PS made me think that I should have looked around a bit more. Oh well, too late for me!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
The 1, David''s Bridal $399.00
1st Runner up, David''s Bridal $399.00
2nd Runner up, Jessica McClintock $590.00
Another 1 David’s Bridal under $500.00
The other two, Jessica McClintock under $500.00

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2005 1:43:08 PM
Author: rms
LM, I love the dress you chose. I am a firm believer in wearing a veil on your wedding day, so I think you should definitely at least go try some on to see how you feel. PLEASE try on some full length ones too. I thought that full length ones were not for me and ended up wearing a simple short one. Then of course seeing other folks choices on PS made me think that I should have looked around a bit more. Oh well, too late for me!!
You''re right! I won''t hurt to try some on.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
All of them are beautiful! I really love the first one!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the first one. I am so glad you had a good experience. I got my dress at David''s Bridal and thought they were VERY helpful. I was there for 3 hours but walked out with my dress. I know people look down at David''s but it is relaxing and low pressure and have a huge selection IN DIFFERENT SIZES!!! It''s great that you can try on your size instead of the sample size.

emme313

Rough_Rock
The first one is gorgeous on you. So classy and chic; and it fits you incredibly. Your going to make a beautiful bride. Thanks for the tips. i was thinking of checking out David''s bridal as well; they seem to have a good mix of very fancy gowns, as well as more contemporary styles.

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Wow!

You have a great shape and these dresses really show it off!!

Now, which was was ''the one''??

The first??

I missed that somehow

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I actually like #2 but then I am biased because I like lacey dress, although my dress isn''t lacey. I personally like David''s Bridal for offering different sizes to try on since I can actually see how a dress would fit.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Thanks girls for all the kind words.
2.gif
It was really a tough call between the three but the first dress fits the best, but I still love the lace dress.

Hearts set, the very first dress is "The One".

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2005 1:13:44 PM
Author: lmurden
Love this one but would have to take it in a bit.
I really likethis on you.

Im hoping that David's comes through in the entire process. They are SO hit or miss. I know the local locations are horrible. Dresses never being ordered, the wrong one being ordered, the dress coming in visibly used and gross, the alterations not being done well....I have read SO few David's positives...And the ones I hear inperson are the worst.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
They all look gorgeous on you, but the first is just perfect!!

Congrats on finding "the one!"

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Ame, I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything works out. I am not going to get any alterations there if I need any. At this point, I am only going to buy my dress there and maybe some accessories that they have in the store. Wish me good luck that everything works out.
2.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good luck! I think all will be fine. I hope you don''t need alterations! That wouldd be a dream! Then you could sell the dress ;-)And it would be like renting!

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on finding "the one!" All the dresses looked beautiful but you looked especially nice and happy in your final choice.

Best of luck!
Stephanie

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
Great choice!

You really do look lovely!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
That first dress looks SO great on you. You really look so pretty in all of them, but there is something about the high waist, the draped fabric on you...it;s very vava voom! It''s a perfect fit!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results