shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

JGator

Brilliant_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

RT, hi, I did 3 IUIs. You call in on CD1. For me, I went in on CD 3, CD 6, CD 8, and CD 10 for bloodwork (estrogen) and follicle checks/ultrasounds. I think I started taking Follistim injections on CD 3 daily then a trigger shot the night before the IUI. They will adjust your med dosage based on follicle sizes and Estrogen levels also. Based on the results on CD 10, they scheduled me to come in for the IUI on CD 12. My DH went in the AM with the sample, they do something to it (clean it and shake it up!) and count the sperm. Then, in the afternoon, I had the IUI. Then, 2 weeks later back for a beta. I also had 1 IUI cycle canceled due to an estrogen producing cyst, and another one canceled because my estrogen was not rising for some reason that cycle. Good luck to you. You are in great hands at CCRM!

Congrats Lady C!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladyciel|1457360373|4000971 said:
12dpo, no sign of AF (she'd normally be here by this morning), spotting has dried up, and as of today's SMU, full, non-squinter, lines! My temp also jumped up this morning (99.1, after holding at 98.8 since 9dpo). Yippee!!! :dance:
ladyciel, congrats on your BFP! so happy for you :appl:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

JGator|1457493664|4001883 said:
RT, hi, I did 3 IUIs. You call in on CD1. For me, I went in on CD 3, CD 6, CD 8, and CD 10 for bloodwork (estrogen) and follicle checks/ultrasounds. I think I started taking Follistim injections on CD 3 daily then a trigger shot the night before the IUI. They will adjust your med dosage based on follicle sizes and Estrogen levels also. Based on the results on CD 10, they scheduled me to come in for the IUI on CD 12. My DH went in the AM with the sample, they do something to it (clean it and shake it up!) and count the sperm. Then, in the afternoon, I had the IUI. Then, 2 weeks later back for a beta. I also had 1 IUI cycle canceled due to an estrogen producing cyst, and another one canceled because my estrogen was not rising for some reason that cycle. Good luck to you. You are in great hands at CCRM!

Thanks for all of that info! We actually didn't go to CCRM because after 4 phone calls they still never got back in touch with us to schedule our initial visit. We're at a different clinic but they have very high ART scores so I feel comfortable with them. DH loves the doctor so there's that too :))

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Anyone out there? Any updates?
Any day now I'll be CD1 and can get this IUI going. I'm a little nervous about the money because we have a trip to ND coming up in 2 weeks as well but we'll just do what we have to do :bigsmile:
The plan is clomid and monitoring, I know the clomid is only $9 under my insurance so the big cost will be monitoring.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
random_thought said:
Anyone out there? Any updates? Any day now I'll be CD1 and can get this IUI going. I'm a little nervous about the money because we have a trip to ND coming up in 2 weeks as well but we'll just do what we have to do :bigsmile: The plan is clomid and monitoring, I know the clomid is only $9 under my insurance so the big cost will be monitoring.

I think you can get it for $4 at Walmart :)

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Going in today on CD3 for ultrasound and bloodwork!!!

Having an extremely high pain day, I almost passed out in the shower this morning so I'm hoping they can give me a day or 2 worth of pain pills to help me out. I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal and occasionally use that for pain relief but I haven't touched it in about 4 months to make sure I get the most of the iuis. The tradeoff has been some really, really bad pain days :(

JGator

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck, RT! Sorry about your pain. Hope all goes well today.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Copying and pasting from my blog because I'm lazy :bigsmile:

Today has probably been the most exciting day thus far while working with Dr. Bush!

I had my CD3 ultrasound and although they saw a very small cyst on my right ovary, they said it was nothing that would cancel the iui, thank you God!

I also talked to my nurse about getting some painkillers because I've been in a lot of pain from my endo lately so she is going to see what she can do, another blessing.

So this basically is how this is all going to go down.

Today I start taking femara for the next 5 days. This is to encourage healthy, mature egg development and will also cause multiple eggs to mature.

Today I also had bloodwork done for HCG Beta Progesterone, Estradiol, FreeT4, TSH, Vitamin D2-D3 and 25-Hydroxy.

On the 31st (next Thursday), I will go in for my cd12 ultrasound to count the follicles and see how many are maturing. I'll also have my trigger shot that day as well to trigger ovulation. They do this by injecting hcg into the blood. Based on what the ultrasound says, we'll schedule the iui for sometime over that weekend before we head up to Fargo!

At that point, I'll be put on progesterone supplements to help supplement a possible pregnancy.

To say I'm excited would be an understatement but we are so so excited!!

Stay tuned for the next update on the 31st!

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Yay, RT!! Big hugs & fingers crossed everything falls into place for you. :D

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I start the femara tonight, all blood work came back normal! Feels so weird to say normal haha

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Posting my update here too for those who are interested :)

I have a follicle on each ovary, 15mm on one and 14mm on the other. I'm going back for another ultrasound on Saturday morning to check again, they think it will be at 17 or 18 by then for each one. They also said my lining looks really good and thick. I'm starting to get excited! IUI will either be on Sunday or Monday :bigsmile:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

Been having weird shooting cramps at 8 and 9 dpo and had a big temp spike this AM. Looked online and I still don't know if these could be real implantation signs or if I'm being led astray by TTC message boards, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic...

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

blingbunny10|1459454997|4013846 said:
Been having weird shooting cramps at 8 and 9 dpo and had a big temp spike this AM. Looked online and I still don't know if these could be real implantation signs or if I'm being led astray by TTC message boards, but I'm feeling cautiously optimistic...

Sounds promising! When are you going to test?

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

random_thought|1459455424|4013853 said:

I'm thinking Tuesday, if I can wait that long. Glad all your tests and visits have been going well, random_thought! :wavey:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

blingbunny10|1459456623|4013869 said:
random_thought|1459455424|4013853 said:

I'm thinking Tuesday, if I can wait that long. Glad all your tests and visits have been going well, random_thought! :wavey:

:nono: I can't wait that long. Lol

SMC

Ideal_Rock

I just need someplace to vent. My daughter is 14mos. I still haven't gotten my period back yet. My doctor suspects that it is because I'm still breastfeeding her (just nights and mornings). Every time I hear of someone who is pregnant with #2 and who also has a kid around my daughter's age, I just feel a little bit jealous. I realized that I also want to have my second ASAP so it's not hanging over my head (because I do want 2 children), but I doubt that I can get pregnant until I stop bf'ing completely for at least a month and my period comes back. I'm just jealous of people who are able to get pregnant again so quickly!

Huff26

Rough_Rock

Hi SMC-
I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope you know how much I admire you and other ladies for being able to breastfeed. It really really stinks that it's preventing you from trying for a second, but I still think it's just so amazing that your body has been able to grown and sustain a life for 9 months and 14 months of BF. I hope that you are able to start trying soon-

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Huff26|1461201313|4021903 said:
Hi SMC-
I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope you know how much I admire you and other ladies for being able to breastfeed. It really really stinks that it's preventing you from trying for a second, but I still think it's just so amazing that your body has been able to grown and sustain a life for 9 months and 14 months of BF. I hope that you are able to start trying soon-
Thank you! I'm only bf'ing because it's really the only thing that will get my daughter to quiet down before bed and in the middle of the night (she is not sleep-trained). The trigger on my last post was because another mom whose son is in my daughter's class just announced she was pregnant. Her child is a month younger than mine. Everyone keeps asking when I'll have another, and I keep saying that it's too much work.

I already had some bloodwork done to check for overactive thyroid but it came back normal. I'm going to see another doctor again next week and see if she has any other suggestions as well.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

SMC- I hear you on that one. Every year at Cayden's birthday, all I can think about is this is how much more of a difference in age there would be between the two and if the gap gets to be too big, maybe it would be better just to stop trying. At this point, there would almost be 6 years between the two. ;( I feel ya, it's hard to deal with *hugs*

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

I came across this today and it made me feel better, maybe it will help you too?

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #1:
The Older Child Will Understand

Your first child is a little older, and may be mature enough to better understand the concept of the new baby. An older child is less likely to feel left out after the arrival of a new sibling. An older child will be better placed to understand the needs of the new baby, and to react with compassion and empathy.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #2:
The Younger Child Will Get Quality Time Too

Think back to those hazy days when your first child was born. Those long lunches with mum and baby friends, and the long afternoons spent cuddling and feeding on the sofa. A longer age gap will allow you to give the second child the same treatment, though you may have school runs to fit in. Whilst your older child is at school, you will have time for some one-to-one bonding with the newest member of your family.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #3:
An Older Child Can Get Involved

An older child will be able to help out with the new baby, and this will be a great opportunity for them to build a strong bond with each other. From running upstairs to grab a clean nappy, to soothing the baby during long car journeys, your first child will have an active role to play in caring for your new child. Older children who read can make great little story tellers, which is a great thing for both siblings!

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #4:
Your Older Child Will Be More Independent

With a longer age gap, your first child will be more independent. You won’t need to worry about changing two dirty bottoms throughout the day, because your first child will be able to use the toilet. He may also be able to get himself snacks, and play independently for limited amounts of time.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #5:
They Won’t Fight Over The Same Toys

With a larger age gap, your children will have different interests and will play with different toys. This may save you the hassle of acting as mediator, desperately negotiating turns with the most popular toys.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #6:
It Will Spread Out The Cost Of Childcare

Childcare isn’t cheap, and having two children close together can leave some families struggling to afford to pay their nursery bills each month. Two children attending university at the same time can also put a strain on the family purse. By having a larger age gap, you can spread out the costs associated with raising children, especially during those early (and expensive) years.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #7:
You Won’t Have To Double Up

Your first child will already have outgrown his infant car seats, buggy and playmat. You won’t need to fork out on doubling up on these items, and will instead simply be able to dust off the cobwebs and use them again.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #8:
You Will Have Caught Up On Sleep

Unlike the parents of two under two, you will have caught up on your sleep by the time your next baby arrives. Your first child will be sleeping better, and you should be able to get enough rest during pregnancy. Once the baby arrives, chances are it will only be the newborn keeping you up at night, so you won’t be running between bedrooms trying to soothe everyone.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #9:
Sibling Rivalry Is Less Likely

Children born closer together in age are more likely to experience sibling rivalry. With a larger age gap, your children have different interests, and different focuses at anytime and are less likely to compete over things. An older child may see themselves as a mentor for the younger sibling, rather than as a competitor.

Why Age Gaps Between Children Are Awesome #10:
Your Older Child Will Be More Attached

The longer a child remains an only child, the better attached he is to his parents. So the longer you wait before having a second baby, the longer your first child will have to develop a strong attachment to you. -

SMC

Ideal_Rock

Thank you, RT! DD is still such a baby (or at least we treat her like one) that maybe it won't be a bad thing to let her grow up a bit more before we add a second. Another daycare mom whose son is younger than DD just announced she's pregnant.

I'm still trying to wean DD off bfing. It doesn't help that she hates cow's milk and frozen breast milk, so I worry about whether she's getting enough nutrition if I don't bf her.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SMC, what does DD drink when not BFing? My grandson is only 4 months and won't take frozen breastmilk but will take freshly expressed milk from a bottle. It turns out that DD's milk has high lipase and that makes the frozen milk taste funny (soapy is how they describe it). Apparently if you scald the milk before freezing that prevents the funny taste. Could this be your issue?

My boys nursed until about 15 months but my period came back about 9 months in. At 15 months, I did "don't ask don't refuse" with my also not sleep trained son and it worked in a few weeks. My younger son that was sleep trained (hey, you live and learn! :lol: ) and he naturally stopped around 15 months but he hadn't had a middle of the night feeding since about 6 or 7 months when we did CIO.

Huff26

Rough_Rock

SMC:

I am sure you have researched it to no end but have you tried the toddler formula for DD? G has been only Neosure since he was born at 32 weeks and we got permission to switch to whole milk from the Ped. Of course he hated the taste of it so we mix it half and half with the similac toddler formula. Fairly cheap if you get in bulk on Jet and use their coupon codes- we only go through maybe one container a week. Makes me feel better since G is a picky eater.

SMC

Ideal_Rock

puppmom, I don't have high lipase, just a picky daughter. She is only so-so when it comes to fresh breast milk in a bottle too. I've donated frozen milk to a couple moms before and their kids have had no issues drinking it. Thanks for the thought, though.

huff, I have not tried toddler formula yet but that's a good suggestion! I'll see if I can get my hands on a sample somewhere.

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

Poppin in for an update-
Hoohah ultrasound tomorrow at 7:30am :rolleyes:
Trigger shot if the ole' eggies look ripe
Then IUI tomorrow if the timing is right.

Also, Cayden and I got donuts tonight :bigsmile:

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

2 mature eggs, one on each ovary! Woot woot!
Got my trigger and IUI#2 is tomorrow :wavey:

evergreen

Brilliant_Rock

Fingers crossed, RT!!! :pray:

SMC

Ideal_Rock

random_thought|1462394022|4027284 said:
Wishing you the best of luck!

random_thought

Brilliant_Rock

SMC|1462396833|4027320 said:
random_thought|1462394022|4027284 said:
Wishing you the best of luck!

Thanks ladies!!!! :dance:

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Yay Random! Hope you catch both of them :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results