shape
carat
color
clarity

The Official TTC Thread!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Re: The Official TTC Thread!

marlie- Every day is fine as long as there aren't any male factor issues. I will say that DH and I were doing it every day, and then the month that we switched to EOD I got pregnant (mc)...same thing the following month. I'm not sure if it was a fluke, but we will be doing EOD again this month. I think the boys just need a day to rest.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

I did every other day when I got pregnant the first time so maybe there is something to that. That will be my game plan this month too. And maybe just make sure it happens on O day even if that's a day "off".

I don't temp bc my daughter has been waking up lately with nightmares so I think getting up with her would throw the results off. So I just use first response ovulation tests starting at the end if my period, since my cycle is so short. Any other tips?

amc80

Ideal_Rock

No real advice, other than I'd order Wonfo OPKs off Amazon instead of using the First Response ones. I think you only get 7 in a FR pack...you can get 50 Wondfos for the same price. Or, you can buy the CVS or Target brand test strips- you get 20 for around $20. That way you can test twice a day and not run out. I've been having really short, fast surges lately- as in I'll test at 6pm and it will be very negative, positive at 10pm, and negative (but close to +) the next morning. Without having a ridiculous amount of OPKs I'm sure I would have missed my surge.

The problem with a really short cycle depends on which end is short. If the follicular phase is short (time before O), it can mean the eggs aren't getting mature enough before they are releasing. If the luteal phase is short, it can be hard to stay pregnant even if implantation occurs. Bummer that you can't temp, but hopefully you get clear positives on the OPKs so you can see when you are Oing.

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Marlie, my ideal age would've been 2 yrs -2.5 yrs apart. But I'll take whatever I get for Baby 2. Sounds like EOD is a good plan for you. I think everyday would be to much for my DH and he'd be pretty ragged by the 3rd day in. But that's just my DH I think. The past times I've been pregnant we had less than ideal timing.

AMC, thanks. I think the cramps are probably due to the provera. Hoping this will be the last time I have to take it.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

LC...Yeah, my husband wasn't a fan of the every day plan. I would've thought it would be his fave week ever. By the 5th day he was over it so EOD sounds better. Hope your cramps are easing up!

Amc...I'm not sure what is considered too short. In my normal 25 day cycle, I O on day 12/13 and then have a 12/13 day luteal phase I guess. This past month with the 22 day cycle, I O'd on day 11 and had an 11 day luteal phase. Strange. Definitely leaving me confused for this cycle but we shall see. Thanks for the advice on the opks too.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
marlie said:
LC...Yeah, my husband wasn't a fan of the every day plan. I would've thought it would be his fave week ever. By the 5th day he was over it so EOD sounds better. Hope your cramps are easing up! Amc...I'm not sure what is considered too short. In my normal 25 day cycle, I O on day 12/13 and then have a 12/13 day luteal phase I guess. This past month with the 22 day cycle, I O'd on day 11 and had an 11 day luteal phase. Strange. Definitely leaving me confused for this cycle but we shall see. Thanks for the advice on the opks too.

I think you are fine. I can't remember what the earliest "ok" O date is. I think cd11 is fine though. I was thinking you had a 14 day LP and then O'd on cd 8 which would be bad. It sounds like you're good though :)

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I got this beauty this morning. I'm on cd15 so it's pretty early for me (O has been cd18 or 19 lately). I haven't been temping (due to moving, ugh) but took it this morning and it was high, over .5 degrees if where it normal is pre-O. Not sure if that's the metformin or what. But, I'm now having some strong O pains so I'm pretty sure it's for real. Thank goodness DH got off early last night and we were able to BD. We will again tonight. Which means we will only have O-1 and O. I know it should be fine but I like at least one more day in there.

image-3924961068.jpg

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

Good luck amc!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, hope you guys catch that egg! I remember you used ot have really long surges. Is it still the case now? Maybe you'll still get a + OPK tomorrow too, so you'll have O-2, O-1 and O. I dunno, just guessing.

AFM: Not much going on. Had a nice birthday weekend, now just waiting for O. If things are the same as before D&C, I'm waiting till about the first weekend of June for projected O date. So I have 3 wks from now till then.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

lliang_chi|1400515814|3676043 said:
AMC, hope you guys catch that egg! I remember you used ot have really long surges. Is it still the case now? Maybe you'll still get a + OPK tomorrow too, so you'll have O-2, O-1 and O. I dunno, just guessing.

AFM: Not much going on. Had a nice birthday weekend, now just waiting for O. If things are the same as before D&C, I'm waiting till about the first weekend of June for projected O date. So I have 3 wks from now till then.

I really have no idea what is going on. I am 99% sure I O'd, and I think it was on Saturday. Which means we got O-2 and O-3. Not perfect but not horrible. I had really bad O pains on both Thursday and Friday, so I figured I had O'd one of those days (plus those were the days of my +OPK). But my temp was way too high....it finally dropped to 96.8 (my almost always O temp) on Saturday, then back up on Sunday.

My surges are now really short. This is the first month I've gotten an OPK before O day (or the night before) in I don't know how long. It was definitely nice having a little bit of warning. I was supposed to start progesterone 48 hours after my positive OPK, but I wanted to make sure that I really O'd first, since it can prevent ovulation. If my temp stays up tomorrow I will start it tomorrow night.

FF won't give me crosshairs because I didn't temp for enough days before O, but I will probably manually set it to CD17.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/35b735

LC- I really hope your cycle goes back to normal and you can get pregnant quickly again!

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Okay, my temp has stayed up so I'm officially 3DPO. I'm going to try really hard to not test until 14DPO. It should go quickly because we are out of town until 10DPO. We'll see if I last that long. I'm just sick of getting early positives and then having a CP a week or so later. I'd rather get a positive at 14DPO and only be pregnant a few days, if that's the direction it is going to go.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

Have fun in PDX, AMC!

We're at the airport heading back home from our trip. Weird to be heading home after so long away! We certainly gave getting KTFU the old college try on this trip (3/4 days during fertile window, EWCM on the last day), so we'll see if it takes. I'll start temping again next cycle if not.

I'm planning on testing on the 28th, which puts me at 14 or 15 dpo. I have plenty going on until then, so hopefully the wait won't be too bad.

Happy birthday, LC! Hopefully you get a baby as a present!

Marlie, hi! Good luck this cycle.

amc80

Ideal_Rock

Thanks LP! Sounds like you had great timing.

We leave for Portland tonight. Well, to Klamath Falls tonight, to break up the drive, then Portland tomorrow. We are SO excited. I'm a little nervous about being away from B for so long, it will be the longest trip....but we really need some adult time and I need some sleep. So yay!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

Amc...the countdown begins! The vacation will be a good distraction. Have fun! And my fingers are crossed for you!

LP...hi! Sounds like you had a fun time ;-) the 28th will be here before you know it.

LC... I also had a bday last weekend (17th)! Hope yours was happy! As for waiting to O, I'm new to this all but I find that part even harder than the TWW. Hope you are hanging in there and that this cycle is IT.

AFM...I think I'll O on Friday. We were actually able to BD this afternoon (which is amazing considering we have a toddler. Happened to have a sitter which coordinated with work schedules blah blah blah). I'll try for tomorrow night and Friday night I guess. OPKs are neg so far. Might skip tomorrow and just do Friday? I'll see. I hate not knowing how to plan...I'm a planner!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, how fun! You guys definitely need some adult time.

LP, safe travels home. Sounds like you guys did a great job for TTC-Cycle1.

Marlie, hey fellow Taurus! My b-day is the 16th :) Good luck catching htat eggie. I'd say if you have OPKs, test every day. No harm in it, y'know?

AFM: Trying to remember to temp again, but my son put my personal phone ina safe place. So now of course I cannot find it. And it has my FF app on it. Fortunately I still have a work phone, but it doesn't have FF app. It's a windows phone too. So I have to enter my temps via the website. #1stworldproblems :rolleyes:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
LC and marlie- I'm a Taurus as well :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

AMC -- I saw this in the news and wanted to be sure you saw it!

Massive "boil water" order in Portland area: LINK

Hope you have a great time and stay healthy :))

amc80

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient said:
AMC -- I saw this in the news and wanted to be sure you saw it! Massive "boil water" order in Portland area: LINK Hope you have a great time and stay healthy :))

Ha yes! We didn't know until we went through a drive-thru and they were telling us why there was no ice in our drinks. I don't see how soda is good either since the syrup is mixed with water, but whatev. Every establishment has a sign in the window and a lot of places are closed. Crazy!

How's everyone doing? DH asked me when I'm going to test...still planning on next Friday.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

Hi all!
Hope Memorial Day weekend is off to a good start for everyone!

LC...you are still waiting to O, right? How are you doing?
AMC...hope you are enjoying adult time! Sounds amazing.
LP...a few more days til you can test, right? Exciting!

Afm, today is O day. I wanted to BD every other day but ended up doing every day again. Not sure if I messed it up since that method failed for us last cycle. Basically we did Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (O day). Is that too much? Ugh. Time will tell I guess. Off to the TWW I go! Fingers crossed!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

AMC, hoping you guys can still enjoy your vacation, despite the boiled water thing. Good luck waiting to test. Did you just not pack any with you? I think that's a good plan.

Marlie, Still waiting to O. Wow, excellent timing. TBH I'm skeptical there's such a thing as "too much" BDing when you're trying to get pregnant. With exception if the man's sperm has issues, then best to bank swimmers via every other. So I'd say good job and we'll keep fingers crossed for you.

AFM: Not much going on. I think I have a whole 2wks before I O, so wait wait wait it is for me.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I'm back! I didn't pack any tests and started getting the itch to test last night (8dpo). DH is a total enabler and said we could get some, but I held strong. All the way until tonight when we got home.

9dpo- definitely the darkest line I've ever had at this point! Now I just need it to stick. I will probably get a beta draw on Wednesday and Friday.

image-3792370678.jpg

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock

Congrats, AMC! That's an awesome line.

Best wishes for a sticky bean!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

Congrats, amc. That line does look stronger than your recent BFPs. Keeping my fingers crossed for you that this is a healthy, sticky baby this time!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock

Congrats AMC!!! Sticky bean dust! How was PDX?

I am 10 dpo today. I thought it was still too early to test, but now I'm wondering if I should follow AMC's example! :appl: No real symptoms yet, so I'm thinking it may not have happened for us this cycle. I was joking with DH that since literally every other member of my family is a Taurus, we probably won't get pregnant for a couple more cycles.

In any case, I ordered some prenatals, so I'll start taking those regardless.

Marlie, good luck with the TWW!!!

LC, sorry for the wait to O. I hope it comes sooner than you think!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!

LP- it was great! We really got a feel for everything and narrowed down areas we want to live. And, FWIW, I have no symptoms. Actually I have one- I have gotten a cold sore the past couple times I've been pregnant, during the TWW. One showed up late last week and I took it as a good sign.

S&I

Brilliant_Rock

Yay AMC! That's an awesome line for 9dpo! Tons of sticky dust to you and good luck with your betas!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock

Congrats AMC!!! So happy for you!! Sending sticky dust.

LP, AMC is a our early tester/POAS-addict. For me, I don't test until I'm late. Since it's your first cycle TTC, it's up to you. Personally, I'm no good at seeing BFN after BFN so I just wait until I'm late so I don't get disappointed.

Yeah, I have long-long cycles, so my waiting to O is nearly twice as long as a typical cycle. Makes things suck. I was cleaning the house yesterday and I was kinda bummed that it's nearly June, so half the year is gone. Between getting pregnant in Jan, then having a D&C in Mar, then just waiting. A whole 6 months have gone by and I'm the chump just waiting and waiting. I dunno, I guess I'm just bitter that I have to sit around and wait instead of having normal cycles and actually being able to TTC on a regular basis. No point to any of this, except to shake my fists. Thanks for listening/reading.

~LC

marlie

Brilliant_Rock

Amc...Yay!!! Congrats! Sending sticky dust your way! How exciting!!

LP...I know many people who have had zero symptoms at this stage so don't count yourself out yet. Last cycle I was an early tester and I got disappointed seeing bfns, but I know how hard it is to wait to test. Either way, good luck!

LC...so sorry that you are feeling down. The waiting must be just awful and you have certainly been through a lot this year. I hope you can treat yourself to something fun leading up to O to help pass the time and make you smile. My fingers are crossed that this month is it for you!

Afm...just waiting. 2dpo. Blah. If my cycle is 22 days like last month AF should arrive on on the 4th but if it's 25 days like normal, than it should arrive on the 7th. Hate the uncertainty! Trying to be patient.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock

LC, hugs, I'm frustrated for you that this has been such a long drawn out process. The good thing is that you do seem to get pregnant pretty easily when you do ovulate and have good timing, so hopefully, that will happen again. But I imagine it is especially difficult having to wait this long after having a loss. I'm the opposite and tend to have frequent cycles, but I can't seem to get pregnant, so it's more of a curse than a blessing in my case.

Good luck LP and Marlie!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats amc! Hope this one sticks!

LC my heart goes out to you. I'm sorry it's so insanely frustrating and drawn out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results