Premium

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Yes! Nw I have that tune stuck in my head lol

Anyone remember these?

barrel_of_monkeys.jpg

NTave

Shiny_Rock
StephanieLynn, I had a Cabbage Patch with that exact outfit! I remember being careful with it because it was a sweater material. Too funny. I don't remember Rosebud dolls, but did have a My Child with red hair and blue eyes and another one. I remember Popples too but I didn't have one. Too funny.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember slinky...."it's Slinky, it's Slinky, for fun it's a wonderful toy, it's fun for a girl or a boy". Could never make it go down stairs like in the commercial though :???:

How about your favorite tv shows? Right off the top of my head some favorites:

St. Elsewhere, Murder She Wrote, Mr. Belvedere, 227, Cheers, Small Wonder, Silver Spoons.....

Then you had USA Up all Night, when you should have been in bed but managed to sneak out to the livingroom and watch all the ridiculous shows. Saturday mornings was the USA Cartoon Express.

Nickelodeons You Can't Do That on Television, Double Dare, Pinwheel, Today's Special.

MTV with Downtown Julie Brown and Martha Quinn when they actually played music videos. Oh and Pop Up Video on VH1.

Then for quality edicational programs Mr. Roger's Neighborhood and Sesame Street.

Lord, I guess I watched a lot back then! :shifty:

_5326.jpeg

_5327.jpeg

_5328.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NTave|1471262617|4066198 said:
StephanieLynn, I had a Cabbage Patch with that exact outfit! I remember being careful with it because it was a sweater material. Too funny. I don't remember Rosebud dolls, but did have a My Child with red hair and blue eyes and another one. I remember Popples too but I didn't have one. Too funny.

Those My Child dolls are very collectible, especially the redheads. The Cabbage Patch is the original doll but I had lost the original outfit but found one at a tag sale years ago. My mom gave it to me so I was very excited to have the original outfit again.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
stracci2000|1471209123|4066011 said:
This stuff did not work like the commercial promised......

It sure didn't!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm nostalgic for a time when my phone (land line, but we didn't have to differentiate back then) was my friend; when the ringing phone meant a call from a friend or family member. At the very worst, it meant someone calling to ask me to volunteer for something I might not want to be roped into.

Now, a ringing land line almost always means some sort of solicitation or would-be scam. :angryfire: That ring has become something to dread or avoid rather than something to look forward to. Caller ID is small helps, but it's small consolation. The people who called me most regularly on my land line have mostly moved on or passed on, and I'm just about ready to give up on the phone number that I've had for almost 40 years.

As an aside, I used to have a small group of total strangers among my "regulars." They were older black women who used to call asking for "Sister Lillian." I figure that somewhere along the line, about 20 years ago, someone transposed some numbers when putting together a church phone list, and my number became that of "Sister Lillian." The phone list eventually got corrected and the calls for Sister Lillian eventually petered out, but I guess there's still an old list or two floating around somewhere - I got a call for "Sister Lillian" sometime late last year!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night spent some time playing Ms. Pac-man, the old Atari version (we have a hardrive loaded with all the old Atari games). When I tell you I could play that game over and over again it is no exaggeration.

Msop above mentioned Pitfall (another favorite) Frogger, and Donkey Kong. Like you were literally the $hit if you had an Atari and didn't have to beg your parents to drive you to the arcade. Ah the good old days :razz:

Anyone else play some old school video games on occasion? What is your favorite?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Christmas list one year:

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_0195.JPG

IMG_0196.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was little this was one of my favorite toys, My Little Pony Lullabye Nursery. Found it on Etsy while browsing this morning by a seller ironically named SaturdayMorningM, tempted to buy it but then what would I do with it you know? So figured better to share it here instead=)2

Kind of amazed they have all the little accessories that originally came with it.

IMG_2979.jpg IMG_2980.jpg IMG_2981.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bringing this thread back to life to share this vintage find from yesterday. If you grew up in the 80's you might remember this toy, it was basically a stuffed toy you wore on your wrist and the head opened to reveal a watch! I think I had this exact one that I found yesterday in an antique shop.

Watchimals, made by Hasbro, even still has the original sticker from Bradlees!
IMG_7527.JPG

IMG_7528.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results