shape
carat
color
clarity

The next chapter!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
26.gif
We're Moving Out!
26.gif

Background info: Bf and i have been together for 3 and a half years. We still live at home (blah). I'm 19, he's turning 21. Bf and I had originally planned on moving out after we got engaged (to keep our parens happy). He has the ring and he was planning on proposing late this year (my guesstimate) or early next year and we had discussed moving out after my 20th bday, late may, early June '10.

But our family situations have made us realize that we need to get out MUCH sooner than we had anticipated. As in, 2 and a half months from now! We're anticipating moving out the first week of October. Although it's a lot sooner than we originally planned, we are TOTALLY ready for this lifestyle change.
We've been slowly purchasing things for our "home" for the last year or so (towels here, dishes and silverware there...) so it's not like we're just jumping into this with nothing, which is nice.
Also, i'm an interior designer so i get furniture at cost, which is VERY nice
9.gif
since we know our mothers and stepfathers (who we live with) won't be giving us any help. We'll have to do everything pretty much on our own, the way we've always done it.

I called my dad on Saturday to let him know that bf and I are moving out of our mother's houses. He took it WAY better than I expected. He said "well, it's probably the best thing for you two. I love you and I love {bfs name} and I give you my blessing (how cute!). If there's anything I can do to help, let me know." He also told me that he would give us his big screen tv (sweet!) and sofa.. so that's two large purchases we don't have to think about! We're going to dinner with him, his gf and my grandmother on weds to talk about the move more in depth.

Today, we went over bfs great aunt and uncles house (we're extremely close with them) to talk to them about it and they are so happy for us! It's great to have so much support from our "extended" families.

We've saved up enough money to put a down payment on a house, but we've decided to go with a two bedroom apartment for the first year or so since we'll probably be paying for our wedding ourselves and the more we can save, the better. We're going to look at apartments in two weeks, when I finally have a saturday off.

It feels so real now! We went shopping for more stuff today and got some incredible deals (thanks to Macys and target!) and we're ordering our master bedroom (Ahhh!!) set soon.

I Can't Wait!! And here's the best part! I said something like "well, I guess you'll just have to propose after we've already moved out and settled in" and he said something like "well, the proposal date has moved a little so we'll just have to see"

He didn't say whether it's moved up or down, but it makes me think it might be soon!!
9.gif

I wanna be surprised so i'm trying not to read into it too much but I will ask you all for lots of dust!

Shopping dust, moving dust and PROPOSAL dust please!!!

Ahh so excited
9.gif
! Sorry to bore you all with a long post but I just had to let it out!

*Danielle*

Shiny_Rock
That is very exciting! Have fun on the apartment hunt!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
oh wow, how exciting for the both of you!!!!
36.gif
congrats to moving on (pun intended!) to the next chapter!

i''m hoping he meant that the proposal will happen sooner than later too. MAJOR shopping, moving and proposal *DUST* coming your way!

sparklyheart

Brilliant_Rock
How exciting!!! Good luck with moving and getting engaged sooner rather than later!! ***DUST***

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
So exciting! Good luck!
36.gif

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Aww congratulations that''s so exciting!!

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
That''s fantastic! Moving in with FF was the best thing I''ve ever done... ***DUST*** for the move and proposal coming soon!!

rialaine

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!! Thats soooo exciting. And its incredibly sweet how supportive your extended family has been.

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
dust cubed!

you will post pics of your new place, riiiiiiiiight
9.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! It''s terrible. All day at work, all I could think about looking through those furniture catalogs "that would look great in our dining room!". I''m such a weirdo
25.gif
!

And squirrly, regarding your pic question, I hope so. Because I work in the interior design business, If my dwelling isn''t picture perfect right away, I know i''ll have trouble posting pics. It''d be like being a jeweler and posting pics on ps of your ''Si3" ering that you bought at the mall on a whim one day.
i already joked with bf that I''m not going to have our mothers over until the apartment is painted, furnished and accessorized properly. i said it jokingly, but I was kinda serious.
Darn my personality quirks and insecurities
40.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 1:54:54 AM
Author:jaylex
Also, i'm an interior designer so i get furniture at cost, which is VERY nice
9.gif
since we know our mothers and stepfathers (who we live with) won't be giving us any help. We'll have to do everything pretty much on our own, the way we've always done it.

YYYEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH JAYLEX!

36.gif

Congrats sweetie that is so exciting! I was just shy of 21 when my SO and I bought our first home together, and let me say I can only imagine the excitement you are feeling right now. Its just so amazing falling asleep and waking up next the man you love every day!

30.gif

Please note I am feeling a surge of jealousy at the highlighted portion. Furniture at cost????? That is AWESOME!

36.gif

BTW: Onto my second house....Since you were so helpful with assuring me of my kitchen selections thus far, mind giving me your input on something else?

3.gif
I cant decide what color to paint the kitchen. Again its soapstone countertops (blackish/grey with white veins), oil rubbed bronze faucet and hardware, slate tile floor (went with a fabulous california gold slate. see pic), and autumn maple cabinets. Any thoughts on a paint color? Thanks!

californiagoldslate.JPG

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Very exciting! Congrats!
36.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/14/2009 11:04:55 AM
Author: NakedFinger

Date: 7/13/2009 1:54:54 AM
Author:jaylex
Also, i''m an interior designer so i get furniture at cost, which is VERY nice
9.gif
since we know our mothers and stepfathers (who we live with) won''t be giving us any help. We''ll have to do everything pretty much on our own, the way we''ve always done it.
YYYEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH JAYLEX!

Congrats sweetie that is so exciting! I was just shy of 21 when my SO and I bought our first home together, and let me say I can only imagine the excitement you are feeling right now. Its just so amazing falling asleep and waking up next the man you love every day!

Please note I am feeling a surge of jealousy at the highlighted portion. Furniture at cost????? That is AWESOME!

36.gif

BTW: Onto my second house....Since you were so helpful with assuring me of my kitchen selections thus far, mind giving me your input on something else?

3.gif
I cant decide what color to paint the kitchen. Again its soapstone countertops (blackish/grey with white veins), oil rubbed bronze faucet and hardware, slate tile floor (went with a fabulous california gold slate. see pic), and autumn maple cabinets. Any thoughts on a paint color? Thanks!

Thanks again, Ladies!

NakedFinger: Well, Cost plus freight.. but yeah. It''s pretty sweet! But didn''t I hear that you''re a wedding planner? So you have to get some kind of "wedding perks", right? lol.
And I love to help! Oooh... Copper colored walls would look great with your BEAUTIFUL floor and the above mentioned. Can''t wait to see pics when it''s done!

BTW, just wanted to warn you.. if you see commercials for those "buy furniture/appliances/etc" "at cost" places.. you know, the ones that make you pay a fee every year to join so that you can buy at cost... DON''T JOIN THEM! They don''t sell at cost. Not even close. Now, they don''t sell at retail either, but it''s def not cost. and the money you "save" off retail is def not worth the money you pay to join. Not sure if you''re considering that or not, but just wanted to warn ya, one LIW to another!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results