shape
carat
color
clarity

The new girl needs to spill!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I''m new to PS so none of you know me yet, but I''m Vanessa and I am addicted to diamonds! I bought myself a 1.00 carat round diamond right hand ring after a break up with my last boyfriend which is beautiful. (I thought, why should I wait for a man to give me a ring? I''m not marrying ANYONE for a diamond!)

My current boyfriend of a little over a year gave me a pair of diamond pave earrings for our anniversary and bought me a Tag Hugeur diamond link watch (think the Uma Thurman campaign) because he was getting a new watch as well. So... life is good.

I''m totally wedding and family obsessed and have been bugging him lately about what we''re going to do as far as the long-haul is concerned. I want an elegant ring, a lovely wedding day and 2 children in a little brick house. I''m the fairytale girl, if you can''t tell.

Yesterday he said 12 months! In 12 months we''ll be engaged and really be "we". No more of the "him and her" or "he and I". WE.
30.gif

I''m so excited. I already started looking for my dream diamond. I feel like my skin is the only thing holding me back from going everywhere all at the same time! I had to vent to someone and I''ve recently become a daily lurker on PS, so thank you for listening to me!
35.gif

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Hi Vanessa...welcome

I''m Vanessa too! I totally understand where you''re coming from. Since finding this forum I LOVE and am OBSESSED with Diamonds. I am planning to upgrade my tennis bracelet in about 2 mos and I CANT wait. I agree, why wait for a man if you can do it yourself. Anyway, I''m soooo happy your BF gave you a timeliine! My BF told me about 4 mos ago that we would get engaged by the end of 2007 and it did wonders for me. I could totally calm down and wait knowing the waiting had a definite end. So YAY for definite timelines! Happy searching for your dream diamond/setting! This forum is GREAT and has tons of info and pics to look at/soak up!

Congrats and hope your wait is even shorter than 12 mos!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great news on your timeline!! What type of ring are you looking for?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for the kind words Ness (I''m Nessa, that''s how people can tell us apart from now on! :) heh)
31.gif

Bee- I''m looking for an under $10,000 1.50-2.00 Carat, D - I Color, FL - VS2 Clarity, Excellent - Good Cut regent or jubilee cut center stone. It''ll go in a solitare with a custom wedding band (that''s... far off, lol) most likely. I spoke to Rhino from GOG by email today and he said regents are discontinued and the only one he has around my size isn''t up to par. Soo... onto the Jubilee!

I''m so excited!
36.gif

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Welcome nebe!!!
36.gif

How exciting for you, only 12 more months!
9.gif
I''ve never heard of a Jubilee cut before, what''s it like (hint hint, pictures...!)?
31.gif

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! The Jubliee is a modified square cut (think princess with the corners cut off, almost like a cushion) GOG has a page for them (here). I originally wanted a regent cut (looks identical) but I''ve been talking to Rhino from GOG and he said they''re no longer being cut and none with my specs are available so I''m going to opt for a 1.50 - 2.00 carat Jubilee like so:

That''s .96ct, if the picture works...

My boyfriend gave me a budget of $10,000 , so I think I''m going to use all of that on the center stone and then I''ll pay for a custom band myself (I''m a size girl can''t help it!) But... none of that will happen til Sept of next year anyway! Maybe if my dream stone comes up before then he''ll compromise and put a downpayment on it. Fingers crossed!!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
BAH, maybe now?
33.gif

jub96fvs1pic1.jpg

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful stone! I''m sure you''ll find an awesome one in your budget

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Hi Vanessa! Welcome to LIW!
35.gif

Way to go on buying your own diamond! I''m thinking I might need to do this at some point too...
I also like the look of the Jubilee and Regent - your ring sounds like it''s going to be amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results