shape
carat
color
clarity

The Magic Mani Strikes Again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, so it took TWO Magic Manis two weeks in a row to get the magic going, but none of that matters anymore because I AM ENGAGED TO BE MARRIED TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!

A short recap: FI (hee!) and I picked out the ring together five weeks ago, our jeweler told me it would take six weeks, then FI told my sister it would take an extra two weeks which she of course told me, so I wasn't expecting anything for a while.
Well . . .

I came to his condo today around 4:30, and he was straightening up and suggested I look through a pile of magazines and catalogs he was going to recycle, to make sure there wasn't anything I wanted to read. He was in the other room as I was looking through the pile, and then I get to the bottom and there were two huge wedding magazines. At first I thought he got them for me to assuage my extreme disappointment that the ring wouldn't be ready for several weeks, so I called out something like "very funny, Honey".

But then I noticed a silver bookmark hanging over the side of one magazine. At this point FI comes out of the other room holding another wedding magazine, and he tells me to read the bookmark, and it has these words engraved on it:

Will you marry . . .

Then he walks over to me, takes my hand, kneels, and says wonderful things that melt my heart, I start to shake, and I see that the magazine he's holding has a second bookmark with "Me" engraved on it, and the ring hanging on the bookmark.

I was so excited I started jumping up and down, and I teared up but didn't cry (which is shocking) and then he put the ring on my finger and we are now officially engaged to be married.

I'm still in awe of his proposal, it is so fitting and perfect. I hoped for something private, and now I have a gorgeous bookmark that will always remind me of this special moment. (I am a book nerd, by the way, and I'm so impressed that he fit my love of lit into his proposal.)

The pictures are, of course, shockingly horrible compared to the real thing. I'll create a topic in the SMTR thread as soon as I get some better shots. Anyway, that's our story and I'm really, really excited!

Thank you all for being so supportive of me during my LIW time, I wouldn't have made it through (well, as a sane person, at least) without you!

ETA: How could I forget to post the specs? (BAD PSer, BAD!) Okay, here they are:

Cushion
2.01 carats
G
SI1
7.81 x 6.93 x 4.50 mm
Total depth: 64.9%
Table width: 58%
Crown height: 15%
Pavilion depth: 47%
Girdle: Thin, Faceted
Polish: G to VG
Symmetry: G to VG
Culet: None
Fluor: MB (LOVE IT!!!!)
Ring size: 5.75

A HUGE thank you to Burdeen's Jewelry in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. The Burdeen family is incredible, and I look forward to making many more purchases with them!

Us, right after the proposal:

YAY!!!!PS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Handshot in bathroom lighting:

HandshotHavenPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
The magazines with the adorable little bookmarks hanging over the side:

ThePropsPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
A blurry closeup of the bookmarks and ring:

TheBookmarksPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another handshot in natural lighting:

HavenHandshotPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the box:

InTheBoxPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Closeup in the box:

CloseupInBoxPS.jpg

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
And let's focus a bit on the gorgeous shared prong band:
(I think I forgot to mention that it's a full platinum eternity band, with F/VS 4 pointers, sparkly little devils.)
9.gif

SharedProngs!PS.jpg

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, that is GORGEOUS!

And what a wonderful proposal. My FI did it with a set of gold scrabble letters and I love having them to remind me of the moment. I hope your bookmarks do the same for you.

PS You are a beautiful couple and look super happy in that photo.

Congratulations!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a lovely proposal! I adore your ring-it''s beautiful!!! Congratulations!!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I responded to your other thread in SMTR, but I just had to comment on those bookmarks!! Where did your fi find them? They are just the cutest thing!! What a creative idea!! Congratulations again!!!
36.gif

ice_princess

Rough_Rock
Congratulations!!! It''s such a cute story and I''m sort of emotional today so I was tearing up just reading it
emteeth.gif

What a pretty ring as well...lots of sparklers. I''m so happy for you x

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful story, beautiful couple, beautiful ring.

I''m so happy for you! Enjoy this time as an engaged couple!

LauraSLP07

Shiny_Rock
Wow...congrats Haven!
1.gif
Your ring is beautiful and the whole story was soooo romantic!

I got a manicure yesterday....I will only know if it is "magic" if I get a ring sometime this week!! FF is taking me out to a nice restaurant tonight, so perhaps??? I''ll keep all of you LIW up to date!!
17.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Haven!!! I''m so excited for you and I even teared up at your proposal story. Your ring is incredibly beautiful!!

Stephanie

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! I loved the proposal story - how perfect! The ring is gorgeous... Hooray for the magic mani!

ringplease

Shiny_Rock
What a sweet proposal and so creative. Congratulations again.

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow.. what a beautiful story. And it''s good that you have the bookmarks to remember your special day. I''ve never heard of a proposal quite like that. Kudos to your boyfriend. oops... FI!!
36.gif
He did a marvelous job. (And he''s soo cute too!) So are you!
1.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
So sweet, congratulations! The ring is GORGEOUS!

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
HAVEN!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I love your cushion! DROOL!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

And you and your fiance are gorgeous!!!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
*Books mani*
28.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww! That is sooooo adorable! Congrats Haven!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks, ladies!

Is it bad that all of your warm wishes made me tear up? I''m so emotional about all this, and it really does feel like you guys are old friends wishing me well!

Pandora--I love your scrabble letters proposal! That is the cutest idea ever.

Bee, Ice Princess, Jas, Zoe, Stephanie, Ringplease, Sha, Kimberly--Thank you, ladies! Your support means a lot!

Dani--He purchased the bookmarks at one of those keepsakes/Things Remembered type stores that engraves gifty-type things in Northbrook Court (IL). I''m so impressed that he pulled this proposal together, it is very un-him, and it was perfect.

Laura--OOOH! Here''s some PS fairy dust coming your way for tonight! I hope that mani works for you!
2.gif

Lucky and Neatfreak--My cushion twins and inspiration rings! Thank you!

Nebe--Books mani--haha! Love it!

Oh, ladies--you put up with so much whining and desperate postings from me, and I must thank you again for that!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Haven!!! I loved your proposaol story, so perfect and sweet. OMG your ering is GORGEOUS!!!!!! Love it!!! Enjoy!!!!
36.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal! I love that you''ll have bookmarks that''ll always remind you of your proposal. Your ering is gorgeous! You two are such a cute couple! Congratulations!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
awww...what a sweet proposal! Perfect, personal, and so thoughtful!! You two are a gorgeous couple and your ring is FANTASTIC. Congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very sweet proposal! congratulations!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Heehee! Love it!!! CONGRATS!!!!

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my gosh! That was so awesome how he brought in your love of books and so sweet that you''ll have those bookmarks (and your sparkly ring) to remember that day forever! Your ring is gorgeous as well.
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwe, Haven that is so sweet. I love the proposal! Your ring is gorgeous too and you too are a beautiful couple!!! Congrats on everything; you both deserve it; very exciting!
36.gif
36.gif
I bet your students will be so excited to see the ring tomorrow. hehee

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results