shape
carat
color
clarity

The looting is real

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night my suburban Chicago city had a very peaceful demonstration downtown. Once it got dark a different faction came in (and I’m not talking race, the crowd was mixed) and looted our restaurants and stores. This is 1 mile from my house. For hours. Police and news helicopters for hours. Tear gas, explosions. Someone had a pallet of bricks delivered in the afternoon so it was premeditated. We are a tourist shopping destination for our quaint downtown. Black house/white market video shows them taking merchandise by the arms full and loading it into vans. Pandora was cleaned out. They tried really hard to get into the Apple store but couldn’t. Einstein’s, bars, clothing. Anything they could grab. Don’t think it won’t happen to you.

Q

Queenie60

Yes it is real - I live very close to a small town here in the Bay Area and our strip of Boutique shops were threatened on Sunday evening however our police force was able to divert them. I am sure that they will find a way to enact their violence on our small, quaint town. This is tragic. Most of the shops and restaurants are owned by families that have poured their heart and soles into their business. So very sad.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This has been going on since Saturday in my city. I get alerts of what's going on. The closest event so far has been 560 feet since this weekend.

Q

Queenie60

This has been going on since Saturday in my city. I get alerts of what's going on. The closest event so far has been 560 feet since this weekend.

Please stay safe. I'm praying that these violent people can somehow come to their senses. :wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree. It happened in my mom’s neighborhood as well. It is very real. Whether it is locals or professional agitators sent by organizations—it is hurting the protests.

BMI

Shiny_Rock

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know hot wo attach instagram videos here but I wish i I could. I’ve been sent videos that show police officers doing an equal amount of vandalizing! I’m sure more savvy posters can post them here.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The newswoman I saw on television in the march through New York City yesterday had the same experience in New york that you had in Chicago, AprilBaby. I watched her march for hours, talking about how pleasant everyone was. Then today she said that after dark looters came out and completely demolished all the stores between her apartment and her office , every drugstore she stops in daily, every coffee shop. Her name is Chris Jansing. She is a regular MSNBC broadcaster. She does not hold any of the looting against the people she marched with all day. Yet she is devastated by what was done to an area that is very personal to her.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree. It happened in my mom’s neighborhood as well. It is very real. Whether it is locals or professional agitators sent by organizations—it is hurting the protests.

We can't let it, nala. We have to be aware that the good guys are good. :))

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
my son lives in Brookllyn and they have a 8pm curfew

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know hot wo attach instagram videos here but I wish i I could. I’ve been sent videos that show police officers doing an equal amount of vandalizing! I’m sure more savvy posters can post them here.

Go to the IG post and at the upper right there are 3 horizontal dots. Click onto that and it will have the copy link option and then you copy and paste that here to share.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People have the right to protest. And they should.
People do not have the right to run riot and vandalise and loot businesses. They do not have the right to set cars on fire or to carry bats, bricks, weapons and create fear and danger for peaceful protesters and ordinary citizens.
The message is being lost with this atrocious after hours behaviour.
Ordinary people are appalled by Mr Floyd’s murder, as they should be, but the vandalism, the stealing, the creating havoc, danger and fear for these same ordinary people Is diminishing the effectiveness of protesting.
It makes protesting, even being in the environment, dangerous and life threatening. When the police, the Army,, the National Guard come out to stop the illegal activities and anti social behaviour, It will chaos. and everyone not inside their home becomes a threat and a risk and will be dealt with guns, batons, tear gas and armoured vehicles.
Terrible.
And until next time.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the "they so dirty" video, posters are suggesting that the window was already broken and a safety hazard and that the cops took it all the way down for that reason. It's difficult to tell that from the video if it's true.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the "they so dirty" video, posters are suggesting that the window was already broken and a safety hazard and that the cops took it all the way down for that reason. It's difficult to tell that from the video if it's true.

Yeah. I’m not going to claim that I verified the authenticity of these videos and the entire context. Kind of like when I watch the news that only focuses on certain acts and always gravitates to the sensational. Just sharing another outlet for people to find more coverage.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
It's crazy. During the day there are peaceful protests; people with strollers, young kids, people playing music, etc. At night it's chaos. I usually walk to Atlantic (near Barclay's) in Brooklyn for groceries and it's heartbreaking. I hope and pray for peace and change. It's scary to listen to all the screams and sirens all night. Takes me back to when I was in the refugee camps and having to run and hide when groups of bandits come to rob/terrorize us. I know it's not the same but it's triggering nightmares and panic attacks. :(2

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Last night my suburban Chicago city had a very peaceful demonstration downtown. Once it got dark a different faction came in (and I’m not talking race, the crowd was mixed) and looted our restaurants and stores. This is 1 mile from my house. For hours. Police and news helicopters for hours. Tear gas, explosions. Someone had a pallet of bricks delivered in the afternoon so it was premeditated. We are a tourist shopping destination for our quaint downtown. Black house/white market video shows them taking merchandise by the arms full and loading it into vans. Pandora was cleaned out. They tried really hard to get into the Apple store but couldn’t. Einstein’s, bars, clothing. Anything they could grab. Don’t think it won’t happen to you.

I'm in Chicago too. Things have gotten really weird here at night.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does Chicago, NYC and LA (3 most looted city) have in common?.

The answer...All run by far left liberal Mayors.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's crazy. During the day there are peaceful protests; people with strollers, young kids, people playing music, etc. At night it's chaos. I usually walk to Atlantic (near Barclay's) in Brooklyn for groceries and it's heartbreaking. I hope and pray for peace and change. It's scary to listen to all the screams and sirens all night. Takes me back to when I was in the refugee camps and having to run and hide when groups of bandits come to rob/terrorize us. I know it's not the same but it's triggering nightmares and panic attacks. :(2

im so sorry to read this
hugs to you from over the oceans

Q

Queenie60

I am sorry that this domestic terrorism is triggering bad feelings for you. Wishing you peace. Q:wavey:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does Chicago, NYC and LA (3 most looted city) have in common?.

The answer...All run by far left liberal Mayors.

I’m right wing and I really like the left wing Mayor of Chicago. Best mayor in decades.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I live 20-30 minutes away from Seattle. Bellevue (15 minutes away) also.got hit. Plus many smaller areas here (Tacoma, Renton, Auburn, etc). The city I live in has been in the news this year as being the wealthiest city in the country (with 50,000+ residents) and already been dealing with an increase in crime due to that and a couple of other articles. Hoping it doesn't come here! We don't have big groups of stores and no high end stores so that may help. The concern is people seeing comments on FB, Twitter, and other areas talking about making the "rich white people" suffer and sometimes mentioning our city. So far, just small peaceful events. Hoping it stays that way!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost all respect for any of them when they defaced memorials and monuments and businesses with their nasty graffiti.

Truly, at this point I don't know why the stores haven't locked everything in safes (those that have them) by now when they close.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results