shape
carat
color
clarity

The Little Details

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
So, I''ve been putting off making decisions on the last few little wedding details -- but since I think I have the flue and don''t feel up to doing work, I''ve spent a bunch of time today tackling those things.

I finally ordered our ketubah, which is something I''ve been procrastinating doing because I just couldn''t decide on a design! We''re getting it personalized with our names/date which takes about 6 weeks, and with the wedding 11 weeks from today (and me being super-neurotic) I feel like I cut it pretty close -- I''m SO relieved to have completed this task!

I also ordered the little boxes and organza ribbons I''ve known I wanted to get, but just haven''t felt like dealing with. Hooray -- one fewer thing to worry about doing.

Are gift tags for favors a good idea or even necessary? Or is that just a waste of my time? Also -- did anyone order personalized cocktail napkins?

Still don''t have shoes, even though I ordered 2 pairs from JCrew to try (I didn''t like either). I think I need to go to a real store and give up on the internet shopping.

I also don''t have jewelry. I have NO idea what I want.
And, I''m wearing a veil during the ceremony, but will take it off for the reception, so I also don''t know if I should get something decorative for my hair.

What about the rest of you? Are there little details you just don''t feel like dealing with? Will you address them at some point, or just not worry about them at all? Anyone just want to keep me company since I''m sick and my fiance is on a business trip on the other coast?
1.gif

dboatsupreme

Rough_Rock
I personally don''t think party favors or personalized napkins are necessary... If you want to do inexpensive party favors though, one of my friends wrapped two kisses onto a plastic spoon (with a veil-like material), and tied it with an address to their new home. (I might do this myself.) I attached a picture. You can''t really see the kisses, but you get the idea. :)

June 16 059 (Small).jpg

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Ehhh bleckkk - invitation wording and design, registering for gifts, and finally get all 8 of my bridesmaids to order the dress. For being such a detailed-oriented person, I''m really NOT enjoying a lot of the details!
14.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I might be ordering monogrammed cocktail napkins - not because I feel they are necessary - I just want to show off our new monogram I designed
3.gif

If you want napkins I found this site to have the best prices: Favors Etc Cocktail Napkins

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Which shoes did you order and end up not liking?

I seem to have gotten a lot of the BS done already. It seems like I''m slacking on the major stuff. Like where to have the reception, invitations, making plane and hotel reservations, and probably some other stuff I haven''t even realized yet...

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
My wedding is a little over 2 months away and the things I''ve been putting off are actually big things: booking the DJ and arranging for transportation for our guests and wedding party. They both highly depend on the timeline which I''m still trying to finalize so that''s my rationale for not getting these things done yet. Ack! I need to get on the ball.

Other things I''m putting off:
Designing programs
Figuring out how to make an information card and print it on vellum (with my not-so-awesome inkjet printer) to include in the invites
Ordering table numbers
Picking a type of punch for the reception (this was the most contentious decision we had at my tasting, lol!
20.gif
)
Honeymoon plans (this is the groom''s job but it''s starting to look like it''ll be my job)
Picking the recessional and postlude music
Booking dance lessons for first dance
...I''m sure there are a bazillion more things I''m not thinking of at the moment...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
dboat, you''re right. I shouldn''t spend my time fretting over personalized napkins that no one will notice! Those kisses favors are so sweet! I love that idea.

Winslet, I used to think I was detail-oriented, too! No more.
9.gif

TropicalKiwi - what does your monogram look like? Have you posted it?

lovesparklies, we''re not doing menus or programs, mostly because neither of us wants to make the effort.
2.gif
I also need table numbers - ugh! Do you really need dance lessons? Are you planning something fancy for the first dance?

Freke, I ordered 2 pairs of gold shoes from JCrew, the Twyla, which was too hard to keep on my foot, and the one in this photo (I can''t find it on the Web site anymore!).

I might keep the ankle strap pair, because I''m not sure how much more time I can invest in searching for shoes. But I was hoping to find something a little more . . . special?

goldstrap.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''re about 3 months out, and we have almost everything taken care of. I''m mailing the invites this week, and I just ordered my veil. The other things we need to do are tuxedos/suits, song list/details for the DJ, and the ceremony. Our officiant lets the B/G create their own ceremony which she then elaborates on. I haven''t even thought about that even though I''ve got all of the information that I need. I may corner FI on our next free weekend and just get it over and done with.

The other stuff is all just money-related (i.e., paying balances to vendors, etc.)

Speaking of that, what''s your opinion on paying vendors in advance of your event? I would SO rather pay as I go, as I''m not a good saver. Do people do this?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results