shape
carat
color
clarity

the last movie you saw that was any good

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
I was just poking around, and it looks like there hasn't been a movie thread in a while and if there is, I didn't find it.

We just got Kinky Boots through netflix. I liked it a lot. I'm often down on movies with happy endings, but this one was slightly less schmultzy in the end.

the cinematography was quite good also. very similar to Huckle. and I think Chiwetel Ejiofor is an excellent actor.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I saw the last mimsey with my kids. For a kids movie, it was actually really good and I enjoyed it.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Wild Hogs was really good!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Netflix recommended "A Good Year" and I really enjoyed it!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I positively LOVED "Stranger than Fiction". I mean, LOVED. Top ten favorite!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
300 was pretty good, would have been better if they stuck to history.
molon labe!!!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Cinderella III...For the 6,000th time. DD loves it. I highly recommend it for little girls. I have no idea what or when the last ''grown up'' movie was.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
"Water" . . . bring a box of tissues.

KindredSpirit717

Rough_Rock
I rarely see movies, but the last movie I saw was "Reign Over Me", the new Adam Sandler and Don Cheadle movie. My husband is a HUGE Adam Sandler fan so he dragged me to see it lol. It was REALLY good though and I'm glad he did drag me. At first I was a little scared to see it since Adam Sandler's family passes on one of the planes during 9/11, and I still get very upset whenever I watch anything dealing with that, but this was definitley not a 9/11 based movie so it was alright. All in all it was a really great movie and it got pretty good reviews from those who watched it. The reviews were mixed coming from the critics though, but they are too rough nowa days anyway :D. I'd DEFINITLEY reccomend it!

it's unfortunate though because it's not doing too well at the box offices 8th and 10th place i think...but it's because a lot of people are heading to the more action adventure movies like TMNT, 300, and Shooter.

oh and i REALLY want to see stranger than fiction...definitley looks funny and cute!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
''Pan''s Labyrinth'' - Truly excellent... but I couldn''t watch the really violent bits. It may look like a kids movie but it AIN''T. DON''T BRING THE KIDS!

''The Ninth Day'' - Lot''s of moral complexity. Excellent acting. But again, a little heavy.

''Six Degrees of Separation'' - Oldy but goody. Saw it again recently and loved it just as much. Thanks Netflix!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I watched "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" last night and I liked it a lot! It has Val Kilmer and Robert Downey Jr. in it. It was a Netflix recommendation and it was really funny and smart-alecky.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amber, I did too. Did not think I would but it was so clever and I really liked it. A different role for him, I LOVE his mindless comedies too, but really have to say I liked this movie so much. I also loved Cars, I love animated films and thought it was so well done.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My boyfriend and I are huge movie buffs and we just saw "The Pursuit of Happyness" yesterday. It''s definitely worth it, although we both felt it was a tad long. We also saw "The Breakup," which I had seen before but my boyfriend hadn''t. It''s a total chick flick but he liked it, especially the part where Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn are arguing about the dishes and Jennifer Aniston says, "I WANT you to WANT to do the dishes!" That''s so US! I really want to see "The Holiday." My boyfriend loves stand up and sketch comedies too, so we watch comedians and Kids in the Hall often. We also saw "A Night with Kevin Smith" (I think that''s what it was called) the other night. It was pretty good.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
I saw 300, which was quite good. It''s more fantasy than reality, so don''t go expecting a history lesson. Do go expecting to see scores of delicious men wearing nothing but capes, boots, and leather speedos.

Pan''s Labyrinth was also excellent. Very dark fairytale.

Another good movie I saw recently is Grave of the Fireflies. It''s an animated film about two children trying to survive in Japan during World War II. One of the BEST films I have ever seen, but unfortunately, I could never bring myself to watch it again. Neither my bf or I have ever cried because of a movie, but this one...oh jeez. Box of tissues, definitely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Inside Man

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we havent been to the movies in forever but i just went with my mom and saw The Last Mimzy which was cute...good afternoon entertainment...hehe.

greg wants to see GhostRider and I want to see I Think I Love My Wife...hehee.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
We just saw GhostRider and even though it didn''t get very many good reviews, we liked it. I like Nicholas Cage.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Last movie we saw was 300 and I thought it was very good. I didn''t really care to watch it at first, but I am glad we went. I think the one before that was Stranger Than Fiction, very clever and really enjoyed it. We were going to watch I Think I Love My Wife, but my sister said it wasn''t very good. So I am going to wait for the DVD.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw Blades of Glory and it was so Dumb it was Funny!!!! I laughed so hard; I am embarrassed I am admitting to it!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Wild Hogs
1.gif

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 7:55:29 PM
Author: Mara

greg wants to see GhostRider and I want to see I Think I Love My Wife...hehee.

My 13 yr-old son made me go see Ghostrider this week...and it actually wasn''t that bad! He abosolutely LOVED it!

It''s springbreak, so we also went to see Wild Hogs, which was pretty good but I could have definitely waited for the DVD to come out!

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
Saw The Lookout on saturday night...really good! Not sure if it is playing outside LA/NY yet though...

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
300 was good. Something about seeing the screen filled with half naked, buff men...BUT the story was good too.

Peter Pan, I just bought the DVD. Hadn''t seen it in years, absolutely charming.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI and I just saw "Meet the Robinsons" in 3-D today. It was very good
1.gif
then again, I'm a sucker for quality animation.

The last movie I saw that was quality (as in: the script was great, actors well cast, cinematography well done, editing clean)... "Pan's Labyrinth."

But I have to say that it's been a great while (since "Match Point") since I've seen a really fantastic piece of film, they just don't come around that often. I'm much more into TV now because the production value and quality has skyrocketed in the past few years, it's a great time for TV!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 2:51:50 AM
Author: musey

The last movie I saw that was quality (as in: the script was great, actors well cast, cinematography well done, editing clean)... ''Pan''s Labyrinth.''
My cousin said that she actually walked out of the theatre because it was so graphic, but then got caught up in the scene change and watched the rest from the back row!

She ended up thinking it was a wonderful film, but said she didn''t think she could sit through it again...

Is it that disturbing?

(I''m thinking I should wait to watch it with my husband)

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
There are a couple scenes in Pan''s Labyrinth that are very cringe-worthy. It''s not scary, but it''s very brutal. Not for the squeamish.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
we netflix a lot, so the last good movie i saw was "thank you for smoking." loved the graphics in the beginning.

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
oo just saw this thread after I posted about a book on the other movie thread!

300 - loved it. And I just saw an interview with the lead (who is very delicious!) and I guess almost the entire movie was shot green screen. Thinking back I guess I realized it, but it is done so well you aren''t thinking that the whole movie! Plus makes me give extra props to all the actors - most of them were acting towards a wall, or as they stated in the interview a lamp with a picture of the actor (the opposing king) on it. Lots of limbs getting cut off and bodies being hacked up so if you can''t handle that (even though it is more comic book violence than gritty horror film gore) you probably won''t like it.

Pan''s Labyrinth - excellent movie!! There were a couple of scenes where I was a bit shocked. It defintiely isn''t the whole movie - and I think it definitely fit in with the characters involved - but definitely not something for the kiddos. If you are really sensaitve to violence there will defnintely be a few scenes you will want to turn your head.

Stranger than Fiction - we just rented this! I actually really liked it. went in not expecting much. I kind of wish the ending would have been different but I still liked it....

I want to see Blades of Glory. I can''t stand Nic Cage otherwise I would probably want to see Ghost Rider.
And the Adam Sandler movie looks interesting too...

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow... I suppose the last GOOD one I saw was Little Miss Sunshine. The humor is a lil dark, but I thought it was great.

I recently saw the Prestige and I will say I have never seen anything like it. It was bizzare, but captivating.

I''ve seen plenty of just okay movies recently too, but I suppose that''s a different thread.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! I forgot one (probably because it is older) Breakfat at Tiffany''s. I had never seen it before, and it is just fabulous if you''re in the mood for a classic.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results