shape
carat
color
clarity

The last big decision...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...has been plaguing me for MONTHS!

I have picky eaters (the pickiest of which is a 14 year old male that eats from the following five food groups: buffalo wings, grilled chicken, fried chicken, pizza and cheeseburgers), an extremely cost conscious FI, and my own unreasonable need to please every single one of our guests.

So here is the plan so far:

28 people
Las Vegas
THEchapel at Mandalay Bay
non-traditional
$3-4,000 budget for reception dinner only (both of these options should fit into the budget easily)

Ceremony
Dinner
Blue Man Group Show at Venetian (NOTE: this is optional for guests to come or not, and we won't be paying for it.)

So I have two options at the moment (feel free to suggest others!):

Option #1 (The Expensive Fancier Option)
($50-60 per person)

Dinner and dessert at:
STACK at The Mirage
NOTE: With this option dinner can be right after the wedding and before the 7pm showing of Blue Man Group, OR gives us a while to get up the Strip, eat later and make the 10pm showing.

Option #2 (The Cheaper Fun Option)
($25-30 for dinner, $12-20 for dessert, $37-50 total per person)

Dinner at:
BLT Burger at The Mirage
AND
Dessert after Blue Man Group at:
David Burke at The Venetian
NOTE: With this option dinner can be right after the wedding and before the 7pm showing of Blue Man Group with dessert at David Burke after the 7pm showing, OR gives us a little while to get up the Strip, eat a little later, and hop over to David Burke for dessert before the show and make the 10pm showing.

Now I was the type of girl in high school to want to go to McDonalds in all of her Prom finery before the dance. I can't say much has changed. (This probably doesn't surprise most of you!)

I think that both of these restaurants will please the pickiest person (the 14 year old) and everyone else can find something else off of the menu.

FI has said he doesn't care, do what makes me happy. However, I can't decide which I would prefer. Or if there is something else out there that would be better.

I have had correspondence with STACK, and they want you to use one of the set menus, which is a VERY much abbreviated menu (3 entree options, 2 appetizer options, 1 dessert) from their normal menu, which does not make me or FI happy. This is probably the reason we have not pulled the trigger with them. However, because our group is small I can probably get them to let us choose off of the regular menu.

I have not yet contacted BLT Burger, but I cannot imagine it would be a problem to have a larger group there.

Thoughts? Other restaurant suggestions? Comments? Which would you rather be the guest at?

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I like the BLT Burger + David Burke option, personally. I know I''d love the food, it''s fun, and I like the idea of having dessert together after the show.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
BLT Burger, had a squizz on their website is looks awseome!!!

Your wedding is going to be a blast.. I wish I was invited
3.gif

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I didn''t have a look at either website but my first instinct was to go with the BLT burger option... you are doing something ''a little different'' for your wedding right? Well why not carry that theme into the food as well?

Also i could be a little biased because we are serving both lamb and beef burgers at our wedding.
1.gif

princesss

Ideal_Rock
The only thing holding me back from saying BLT burger is wondering what happens in guests don''t go to the Blue Man Group with you guys? Then they either have to come out again after the show if they want dessert, or they don''t get to spend the time after the show with you, either. If you know everybody is going to the show, I say BLT. But if not, I vote Stack before the show.

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been to BLT Burger in NY and if the Vegas branch is the same, I say go for it!! YUM. I could be wrong but I''m sensing this is the choice that will make you happier.
The Stack menu looks nice, but not particularly special. Especially since it will be a limited menu for the actual day. And, dessert at an alternate time/location is always a good move!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm..I think my concern would be the same that princesss mentioned. If all of your guests are heading to the Blue Man Group show (it''s fantastic, btw!), then dessert post show would be a great idea. But if there are people who aren''t coming to the show, it would be unreasonable to ask them to come back and join the group later. And I don''t like that STACK is only going to let you use the limited menu.

Personally, because it would be more "Freke" to do the BLT, I would do dinner there with dessert immediately following that followed by the show at 10pm.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I like Kama''s suggestion the best. The BLT burger location sounds so cool!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
ditto kama and princessplease.

i think that sounds like the best solution. and...i''ve gone to blt burger (nyc location though) the last two years on my birthday! yum. fun atmosphere too.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 9:06:02 AM
Author: princesss
The only thing holding me back from saying BLT burger is wondering what happens in guests don''t go to the Blue Man Group with you guys? Then they either have to come out again after the show if they want dessert, or they don''t get to spend the time after the show with you, either. If you know everybody is going to the show, I say BLT. But if not, I vote Stack before the show.
THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!!!! It was plaguing me all night (well, until 2am) and as I''m trying to fall asleep I''m thinking, "But for people who don''t want to go to BMG, what about them? I can''t ask them to hang out around The Venetian for a few hours!!!"

So then, like a light bulb (My BFF''s totally think I''m being a bridezilla btw, because I was asking for their opinions, and I was describing the conversation I had with FI, in which he said, "I already don''t get what I want (private dinner with just me), so I''m just going to have to deal with it." which I paraphrased making me sound like a crazy b!tch) I was like, "Why can''t we do BLT after the ceremony, David Burke immediately following, and THEN the late showing of BMG for the people who want to?! Why didn''t I think of this HOURS ago?!"

So Kama''s solution came into play, because it was bugging me that people may not want to go to BMG but still want to go to dessert...

Because my dad''s bedtime (he''s 72) is around 7:30pm...that''s 6:30 Vegas time, so then he (and others) can comfortably skip BMG (this includes FI''s dad and his wife, as well as other people who aren''t as into shows as FI and I are) and not worry about it, yet have dessert with us (my dad will just have to suffer through it).

I just sent out emails to everyone (BLT, David Burke, BMG) to see if the scheduling would be feasible. So I''m keeping my fingers crossed that everything checks out!

Thank you mscushion, Dannielle, hawaiianorangetree, princesss, TheBigT, Kama, princessplease and marlie!!!!

To be honest I''m surprised that pretty much everyone chose BLT--I kind of thought that STACK would be the more popular option because it''s more "typical" food for a wedding reception. Guess it''s more "Freke" to go with BLT!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I don''t know if I mentioned it in my first post, but BLT is FI''s favorite restaurant on the strip, so this will probably make him happier. We also celebrated getting engaged with milkshakes when we got back to the Mirage since it was right downstairs...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/10/2009 12:49:35 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Oh, and I don''t know if I mentioned it in my first post, but BLT is FI''s favorite restaurant on the strip, so this will probably make him happier. We also celebrated getting engaged with milkshakes when we got back to the Mirage since it was right downstairs...
Yay! Glad to see you''ve found the perfect solution! It''s going to be a fantastic party!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 12:49:35 PM
This thread has inspired me to find a traditional burger joint.. found one and going to lunch on Sunday.

Thanks Freke!
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woot Dannielle!

And thank you Kama! Great minds and all that!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
yay! good decision!

i''m hungry now.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Why not just do the burger thing full-force and go across the highway to In''n''Out?

9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 2:40:41 PM
Author: EricaR
Why not just do the burger thing full-force and go across the highway to In''n''Out?

9.gif
Does In-N-Out serve buffalo wings? And Kobe Beef?
9.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just got the dessert packages from David Burke...this is the Passed Desserts package.

David Burke Signature Cheese Cake Lollipops
Sweet Baby Cupcakes
Miniature House-made Ice Cream and Sorbet Cones
Cotton Candy
Petit Fours
House-made Cookies & Biscotti
Assort Tarts
Assorted Cake Bites
Miniature House Made Doughnuts
Eclairs
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries
Spiked Jello Shots

I''m asking for an abbreviated menu, because it will be just after dinner, and I don''t know anyone who is as into desserts as I am...I should note that this package is $40 per person. For food only.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/10/2009 3:56:40 PM
I just got the dessert packages from David Burke...this is the Passed Desserts package.

Sweet Baby Cupcakes

Cotton Candy

Petit Fours

Assort Tarts

Assorted Cake Bites

Eclairs

Spiked Jello Shots

I''m asking for an abbreviated menu, because it will be just after dinner, and I don''t know anyone who is as into desserts as I am...I should note that this package is $40 per person. For food only.

You already know my opinion - David Burke, cheesecake lollipops, go!
1.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/11/2009 12:19:36 AM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl

Sweet Baby Cupcakes

Cotton Candy

Petit Fours

Assort Tarts

Assorted Cake Bites

Eclairs

Spiked Jello Shots

You already know my opinion - David Burke, cheesecake lollipops, go!
1.gif
Spiked Jello Shots!!! Put me down for that one.

Oh, and an eclair.

So glad you got the solution...that''s gonna be such a great, CLASSY Vegas wedding...I''m so excited for you!!!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock

Sweet Baby Cupcakes
Cotton Candy
Petit Fours
Assort Tarts
Assorted Cake Bites
Eclairs
Spiked Jello Shots

Oh my, this thread is not good for my waistline
18.gif
18.gif
18.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
You can''t always please everyone, so on your wedding day you might as well please yourself Freke! What do you and your FI prefer? It''s your day, so do what you guys want
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results