Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Rosetta!!! :wavey:

I finally reached 60 pounds today!!! :appl: :D

On to the next 10!!! :razz:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
So, feels like it took forever, but I reached my 70 pound goal! Finally! :appl:

I have about 10-13 more to go to reach my highest final weight goal...if I need to take off a few more once I hit that weight, I may try to keep going, but I think this next 13 will do! Hopefully it won't take as long to lose the next 10. I was taking some supplements this last month and they actually stopped my weight loss, like for 3 weeks straight, I lost nothing. Once I went off of them, I started losing again.

Anyway...just wanted to update! =)

audball

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Very inspirational!

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you audball! :wavey: I'm just truckin' right along!!! =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ara Ann|1319851881|3049753 said:
Thank you audball! :wavey: I'm just truckin' right along!!! =)
HI:

Awesome! My colleague continues to loose weight also--over 50 lbs and has "20" more to go. Here's to trucking!

cheers--Sharon

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Sharon!!! And happy for your co-worker too! :praise:

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ara Ann|1319807080|3049270 said:

I have about 10-13 more to go to reach my highest final weight goal...if I need to take off a few more once I hit that weight, I may try to keep going, but I think this next 13 will do! Hopefully it won't take as long to lose the next 10. I was taking some supplements this last month and they actually stopped my weight loss, like for 3 weeks straight, I lost nothing. Once I went off of them, I started losing again.

Hooray!!! I keep checking on here to see if you are updating! I am so excited for you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
stepcutgirl|1320501979|3054531 said:
Ara Ann|1319807080|3049270 said:

Hooray!!! I keep checking on here to see if you are updating! I am so excited for you! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Aww, thank you for checking in on me! :D And thanks for the encouragement too! I am hoping to reach my 13 pound goal by Christmas...going to try really hard! I'll keep posting as I go! =)

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Heavy sigh. Feeling down today and need to vent a little. I've been doing GREAT, so this is an 'in the moment' kind of a post, just to clear the air a bit.

I am stuck, again. I hit the 75 pound mark - but have 3 more to go for my highest Christmas weight goal. And about 13 more total (revised goal weight). I am pretty discouraged today, I keep bouncing up and down between the same 2-3 pounds! :roll: For the last 2 weeks, I have been back and forth. I have not 'cheated' - but probably need to watch my portion sizes a bit more. Still doing my workouts too....so it's not that. My body is just being VERY stubborn. Losing 3 pounds by next week seems unrealistic at this rate, since I have been stuck for WEEKS.

I also have a 'my fitness pal' account and visited that site this morning, for inspiration...did the opposite though. :| I see all these women, same height I am - with their goal weights at least 20 pounds less than what I am hoping to reach....and they have said they felt 'fat' at the same weight when they weighed the same as my end goal weight. I know we are all different and carry weight differently, etc., but that just messes with my head a little, especially when I am struggling with this yo-yo thing and trying to lose the last 13 pounds. They are succeeding too, in getting down to their goals, I can't even imagine myself at that weight, I was at that weight before when I was younger and it is too thin for me anyway, I don't want to be THAT thin, but I'd like to be able to think that I 'could' do it, if I wanted to...but I think my body has it's own plan. :rolleyes: Not trying to be drastically skinny, I have a sensible end weight in mind for my age and body type...but it seems like I'm not getting anywhere. I'm having a 'fat' head day, I 'feel' fat again, even after dropping 75 pounds. Ugh.

Sorry to vent and share while I am down in the dumps...but I needed to get this off my chest. That is one thing I have learned, to 'feel' what I am feeling and work through it, instead of 'eating' my way through it. =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ara Ann|1324044260|3082797 said:
Heavy sigh. Feeling down today and need to vent a little. I've been doing GREAT, so this is an 'in the moment' kind of a post, just to clear the air a bit.

I am stuck, again. I hit the 75 pound mark - but have 3 more to go for my highest Christmas weight goal. And about 13 more total (revised goal weight). I am pretty discouraged today, I keep bouncing up and down between the same 2-3 pounds! :roll: For the last 2 weeks, I have been back and forth. I have not 'cheated' - but probably need to watch my portion sizes a bit more. Still doing my workouts too....so it's not that. My body is just being VERY stubborn. Losing 3 pounds by next week seems unrealistic at this rate, since I have been stuck for WEEKS.

I also have a 'my fitness pal' account and visited that site this morning, for inspiration...did the opposite though. :| I see all these women, same height I am - with their goal weights at least 20 pounds less than what I am hoping to reach....and they have said they felt 'fat' at the same weight when they weighed the same as my end goal weight. I know we are all different and carry weight differently, etc., but that just messes with my head a little, especially when I am struggling with this yo-yo thing and trying to lose the last 13 pounds. They are succeeding too, in getting down to their goals, I can't even imagine myself at that weight, I was at that weight before when I was younger and it is too thin for me anyway, I don't want to be THAT thin, but I'd like to be able to think that I 'could' do it, if I wanted to...but I think my body has it's own plan. :rolleyes: Not trying to be drastically skinny, I have a sensible end weight in mind for my age and body type...but it seems like I'm not getting anywhere. I'm having a 'fat' head day, I 'feel' fat again, even after dropping 75 pounds. Ugh.

Sorry to vent and share while I am down in the dumps...but I needed to get this off my chest. That is one thing I have learned, to 'feel' what I am feeling and work through it, instead of 'eating' my way through it. =)

HI:

AA, how are you feeling? Just wanted to check in....

Not that it matters, but my colleague seemed rather low before the Christmas break--having reached a plateau herself. Doing all the "right" things, but not seeing and feeling what she wanted. She asked me for advice about "things"...and I suggested she reevaluate in the NY.. and perhaps change her strategy. Different/new exercise regimen (yoga, etc) or add a personal trainer? Consult a dietition? She already understands that eating to live and not the other way around is one key to mental success.

I have no answers, only suggestions and perhaps they are of no consequence. Thing is, keep on your own train. Your good intentions, hard work and motivations have gotten you this far. Don't give up/lose hope for your final goals and long term maintainence! Set a different bar! Happy New Year!

cheers--Sharon

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sharon!

Thanks for the support and pep-talk! :wavey: Very sweet of you to take the time to reply. =) I appreciate it very much.

So, for Christmas I got a nice surprise! A 3 pound loss!!!! :D I reached my 'highest weight' weight loss goal, in the nick of time! :appl:

It is just hard to get used to such a SLOW pace of loss now...I have 10 to go and my body kicked down several notches...it's just not going to come off 'fast' and I have to accept that.

No worries, there is no chance of me 'giving up' - there is nothing to give up - I can not eat the things I ate before because I have major food intolerances and I will get sick if I do eat them...that and feeling in control keeps me on track. That is not an issue any more, truly, I am not even tempted to eat things I know will knock me off the wagon. I truly had a food addiction, made worse by eating trigger foods and having the food allergies...I really have no cravings at all anymore, as long as I avoid that stuff.

I know I can use to lose this last 10 (probably 'could' stand to lose 15-20 more even) - but my body has to let it go and I have to adjust. I am just afraid I will get stuck before I reach my final goal...I am not afraid of 'going back' - because that will NEVER happen. I am completely different now - emotionally speaking - and that food addicted and dependent person is gone for good.

In the meantime, I am getting lots of positive feedback and comments about my weight loss...which feels great. And I catch myself - I look in the mirror and can't believe that is me. I have been this weight before, it's been a few years, but yeah, I have to get used to being a smaller size.

I do workout every day and change it up a lot...but am going to start a Zumba class this month too...should be fun. Hoping to tone up some more too.

Anyway, I am back on track and refocused. Still trucking along!

Thanks again and have a Happy New Year!!! :))

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Ara Ann, you have lost an amazing amount of weight. :appl: :appl: :appl: I know it's hard not to feel down when the weight are not coming off as quickly, but you have to remember that the more you lose, the harder it will be to lose. So it's not that you are not doing the right things. Maybe change things up a bit. New exercise routines, or something. Good luck on the last pounds.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

:appl: :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again!!!

I lost another pound yesterday...bringing my month total loss to 6, not too bad! I'll take it (or lose it! ;)) )

But the nicest surprise of the week...

I have been dress shopping - I have several occasions coming up and need new dresses - including 2 weddings, in Sept. and Oct. - and a formal party for my husband's company, coming up in 2 weeks.

I found some super cute dresses online (I am a rare woman who doesn't enjoy shopping :rolleyes: ) - I ordered 2 dresses, both in an 8 and a 10 - unsure of which would fit me best. Since losing the weight, I have an hourglass figure again - and thankfully there are a lot of styles to compliment my shape right now. Anyway, I got the dresses and tried them on...to find the 8's fit me perfectly!! I did end up returning the one dress though, I didn't care for some of the detail that looked cheap IMO :roll: really bummed because it was the cutest dress on...I was thrilled the 8 fit like a glove though!

And then I found another dress I loved - I thought it would be perfect for the company party coming up in 2 weeks - and again, was a form fitting dress for a curvy figure...I read in the reviews that the dress runs small so to order a size larger than normal...they only had a 10P - and I was concerned it wouldn't fit me for the upcoming party, but thought I could wear it maybe in September to one of the weddings.

So I got the dress yesterday, ready to squeeze into it, figuring it would be snug, like the reviews stated. But much to my delight, it is LOOSE! I was able to re-order an 8P - I'm figuring that if it is too small right now, I can wear it to the wedding (I do have a great outfit ready for the company party) - but my hubby loved the dress so much he wanted me to get it in a smaller size!

I now have just 8 pounds to go - and am hoping I can wear the dress even after those pounds are GONE....who knows, I may be in a 6 by then. :-o

Anyway, just had to share in my excitement.

I wish the size 8 JEANS fit me though! My 10's are all 'baggy-butt' on me, but the 8's are still too snug...I need a woman's size 9 I guess, too bad they don't make them in between, the size 9's are juniors and WAAAY too small!

That's it for now!

Thanks for reading!!! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yipee! Glad you found some good loot--I mean nice things to wear. :bigsmile:

Keep on keeping on! I am off to the pool shortly; gotta get my exercise on!

cheers--Sharon

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
thanks Sharon! I'll update when I get the size 8 dress...should be within the next couple of days!!!

Hope you had a good swim! =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How'd the new clothes turn out?

My colleague told me she has signed up to see a nutritionist--wants to change things to see if that helps those last "stubborn" 20 pounds to come off.

cheers--Sharon

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1327454794|3110959 said:
HI:

My colleague told me she has signed up to see a nutritionist--wants to change things to see if that helps those last "stubborn" 20 pounds to come off.

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon! Thanks for checking in!

Well, I got the dress in the 8P and it FIT perfectly! I actually wore it to my husband's company party this last weekend and felt great! Got lots of compliments too...this was the same party I attended last year - where I felt horrible about myself - and that experience prompted me to change and get healthy! One year later, 80 pounds gone and a whole new outlook on life! Was a GREAT weekend! :))

I hope your friend finds something to help her with the last 20! I am down to 7 left! :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ara Ann|1327500170|3111306 said:
canuk-gal|1327454794|3110959 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon! Thanks for checking in!

Well, I got the dress in the 8P and it FIT perfectly! I actually wore it to my husband's company party this last weekend and felt great! Got lots of compliments too...this was the same party I attended last year - where I felt horrible about myself - and that experience prompted me to change and get healthy! One year later, 80 pounds gone and a whole new outlook on life! Was a GREAT weekend! :))

I hope your friend finds something to help her with the last 20! I am down to 7 left! :appl:

Congratulation! Wear your new clothing, in health!

cheers--Sharon

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Just checking in - again!

I've lost another 2 pounds this week... :D Only five to go!!! :!:

After watching Dr. Oz last week - about dairy allergies and weight gain/slow loss, I decided to cut dairy to see what would happen, since I am losing so slowly. I knew cutting out wheat and grains did wonders for me and I had cut dairy years ago while breastfeeding my son who had eczema from the dairy in my milk - and I felt better after cutting it out of my diet back then too. Since I haven't been eating that much dairy anyway, just feta cheese in my morning omelets and coffee creamer - and the occasional piece of cheese as a snack, I decided to cut it out totally just to see what would happen. Well, I lost 2 pounds this week! I haven't lost that much in a while. I remember I had lost about 8 or 9 pounds before, when I cut dairy while breastfeeding...so I guess my system is sensitive to that in addition to wheat and gluten.

I can have dairy once in a while, but I will wait until I have reached my goal weight...I don't think I will get sick if I have a little bit of cheese or whatever...but the wheat/gluten is still a big no-no - that would make me sick.

Just wanted to share my latest update!

Thanks for reading...

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
You're absolutely inspiring Ara Ann!

IN-SPY-ERR-ING!

I have about the same to lose (80 pounds) and I've given myself 14 months. Setting out to lose and celebrate every 10 pounds sounds genius. I'm going to check out the books on my next day off. Thanks for sharing your experience

Ara Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Just wanted to update my old thread o say I reached my goal weight about a month ago…I'd still like to lose a couple more just to have a safety net, LOL, but my body is done, so I guess I am done. I am very pleased though, I have lost 87 pounds total and am now in a comfortable size six. I am only up about 7 pounds from my easy high school weight, which is acceptable. :))

I still have to avoid wheat and gluten, as this is a major, major food trigger for me…even if I take a taste of something, it sends me into craving overload and is unstoppable…I had a bit of a food binge bender this past weekend due to hormones and eating a trigger food…but I got right back on track and am doing great again. That is the key, to catch myself before I can get too upset if I fall off the wagon. No more yo-yo-ing!

That's it for now! :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Congrats! You dun good...hehheeee Feel free to post a picture of you in your awesome new wardrobe! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results