shape
carat
color
clarity

The Guest List..... aaaaaaaaa!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

modernsparkler

Brilliant_Rock
We are sending our save the dates in a few weeks which means our list needs to be pretty much final and I just cannot stop thinking about it. We are the 1st of pretty much all of our friends to get married (although I''m 25 and he''s 28) and it just seems like everyone we know expects to be invited and I feel terrible not inviting everyone. And I feel like since we are the first, no one really has a grasp of what it is like. We decided not to have an "A" list and a "B" list but even our one list is a challenge. We are at 160 now after some serious trimming and have a goal of around 140 attending. We are having a pretty formal wedding and my parents are being very generous and out of respect for that, we are trying to keep the guest list manageable. Yes, we could have had a casual wedding for 300 but neither the fiance or I wanted that. So, why is it so hard to look at the list and wonder about so and so not being invited?

My fiance is lucky- his friends have been steady through high school and he has invited everyone he wanted- around 20. I however have different groups of friends from high school, college, and med school. There are way more people I want to invite than can come, and it is especially hard with my med school friends who I live near vs. my other friends who are further away. I have kept on the list those who I know I will keep in touch with long term but it is still hard with everyone asking about it.... I know everyone has guest list issues but it is not as easy as I expected!

Grr. Hopefully once the save the date''s go out I will be at peace with the list.
39.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man, the guest list has been the worst for me too. I am only sending save the dates to out of towners and people who I can''t imagine not having there (the most important ones). People that I have invited out of obligation (family that I am not close to, and friends who recently invited me to their weddings)I will not be sending save the dates to.

My master plan: I am hoping that some of the people I had to invite (but don''t really want at the wedding) will have prior obligations so I can then send invites to people that I wanted to invite but didn''t have space for.

I have no idea how this will evil plan work but I have high hopes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results