Votes: 1 100.0%
  • To the right, I am left handed.

• What''s an ironing board?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I very rarely iron, but mine is to the left, am right handed. You should buy your son a bottle of the new Downy wrinkle releaser spray!!
31.gif
No clue if it works, but have seen it on TV....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Pshaw....there is no debate here....I DON'T iron!
2.gif

ETA: WEEELLLLL, if hard pressed, I'd say to the left!!!! (no pun intended)

cheers--Sharon

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 11:47:10 AM
Author: Kaleigh
I very rarely iron, but mine is to the left, am right handed. You should buy your son a bottle of the new Downy wrinkle releaser spray!!
31.gif
It TOTALLY works! I brought a travel sized bottle with me on vacation and it was a life saver! You just spray it on, lay your clothes down flat, and let it dry (or apply a blowdryer to it, like I did).
It doesn''t make the clothes stiff or anything. They should have named it the magic miracle spray!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif
Thanks Lisa, I''ll check into that....

Ok, for all you who don''t iron, *looks at Sharon*, there are some clothes that simply can''t get away with not being ironed, and not look wrinkled. So, do you just not buy that type, or just not care??

(should I start a new poll??)
9.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/20/2008 12:14:49 PM
Author: Ellen

31.gif

Ok, for all you who don''t iron, *looks at Sharon*, there are some clothes that simply can''t get away with not being ironed, and not look wrinkled. So, do you just not buy that type, or just not care??

9.gif
HI:

Amazing concept--it''s called DRYCLEANING.............
9.gif
11.gif
41.gif
17.gif

Actually I have HAD to iron this summer--everything is 100% cotton and a genuine PITA. BUt looks crisp......

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 12:17:49 PM
Author: canuk-gal

Date: 8/20/2008 12:14:49 PM

31.gif

9.gif
HI:

Amazing concept--it''s called DRYCLEANING.............
9.gif
11.gif
41.gif
17.gif

Actually I have HAD to iron this summer--everything is 100% cotton and a genuine PITA. BUt looks crisp......

cheers--Sharon
CHEATER
9.gif

Yep, I had cotton in mind when I asked. Looks great when pressed, but one big PITA.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I face mine right and am right handed. I'm looking at my ironing board (I just got done ironing a bunch of pants) and I can't figure out how to slide stuff up on the left side and iron it with my right hand. I need my tapered end for collars and cuffs where I can reach it.

eta- I just realized something else. I stand towards the middle of the board, and the reason I slide stuff up on the right side is because my left hand is stupid and it needs to be as close to my body as it can to avoid burns. Then I can have full range of motion on my right hand.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pointed part of my board is pointed to the right and I''m right handed. Like SomethingShiny, I mostly use the pointed part for smaller items, like collars and sleeves, so it''s nice to have close up control of the iron.

Also, I iron almost every shirt I own because I hang/flat dry stuff. I don''t roughly plow through heavy duty clothes, but instead soften items like rayon and cotton sweaters, which require more percision. Also, I iron my premium denim after it''s been hung dry. I HATE ironing which is one of the reasons my laundry basket is always bulging over the top!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
31.gif

works good as long as it isn''t creased.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
UH.... I don''t iron either. Runs and hides..........
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither. It''s a mini board that rests on my kitchen table. I point the point away from me (north?) , and I''m left handed.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pointed to the left, and I'm right handed.

I think the issue isn't so much the pointed end of the ironing board as it is the iron rest, which is usually on th blunt end. I grab for the iron and put it back with my right hand, so I want the rest to be on my right.

ETA I can't believe took part in a poll about ironing board, of all things!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:54:17 PM
Author: MINIMS
Pointed to the left, and I''m right handed.

I think the issue isn''t so much the pointed end of the ironing board as it is the iron rest, which is usually on th blunt end. I grab for the iron and put it back with my right hand, so I want the rest to be on my right.

ETA I can''t believe took part in a poll about ironing board, of all things!
9.gif
9.gif

Listen, I can''t believe I made one. Only my hubby would cause me to do such a thing.
lol.gif

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
To the right. I am just learning about ironing. It''s the only way that makes sense to me.

L.

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
To the right.

And I must be the odd-ball...I love to iron. And steam. I think it comes from working in a costume shop for my college''s theatre dept. I liked doing it, even found it slightly meditative. Perhaps because I could actually see myself making progress. FI thinks its great!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 10:29:23 AM
Author: Amandine
To the right.

And I must be the odd-ball...I love to iron. And steam. I think it comes from working in a costume shop for my college''s theatre dept. I liked doing it, even found it slightly meditative. Perhaps because I could actually see myself making progress. FI thinks its great!
I used to feel that way about vacuming, I get it. Or rather, got it. After all these years, it''s lost its appeal....
9.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
For a right-handed person, the tapered end is to the left. We all know why . . . so you have the wide end to set the iron down.
I would expect people who do it left handed, to turn it the other way.

What right-handed person would do it the other way?? If I was reaching around to bring the iron back to my left to sit, I would eventually burn myself!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/20/2008 10:39:17 AM
Author: sumbride
I haven''t ironed in about 4 years, but when I did I set it up the way you do, Ellen!

Recently DH asked me if we HAD an iron. We do. Two of them actually. I just don''t intend to use them! I''m of the ''take it out of the dryer immediately and you won''t have wrinkles to iron'' group.
I can''t do the "iron-free" look. Not every item of clothing. Cotton looks like crap, straight from the dryer or hung up to dry.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 1:39:17 PM
Author: HollyS
For a right-handed person, the tapered end is to the left. We all know why . . . so you have the wide end to set the iron down.

What right-handed person would do it the other way?? If I was reaching around to bring the iron back to my left to sit, I would eventually burn myself!
Yup.

Another right hander with the point to the left here.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I leave the decision entirely to DH. I needed to iron something last week when he was out and I was not able to find the ironing board.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

According to the poll, a couple would/do.
9.gif
*shrugs*

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!!! This thread made my morning
3.gif

I''m RH and point my board to the left. My board has one of those pull out metal thingy at the wide, flat end to set your iron on. If you turned the board the other way and use the metal thingy, wouldn''t it be inconvenient? Or would you just not use it?

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 2:58:18 PM
Author: panda08
LOL!!! This thread made my morning
3.gif

I''m RH and point my board to the left. My board has one of those pull out metal thingy at the wide, flat end to set your iron on. If you turned the board the other way and use the metal thingy, wouldn''t it be inconvenient? Or would you just not use it?
I think it would be inconvenient either way, metal thingy or not! lol

And glad I made your morning.
9.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Hee hee. El is right.

I am going to take lessons from Lorelei.
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 3:24:02 PM
Author: :)
Hee hee. El is right.

I am going to take lessons from Lorelei. <runs off to go practice whimper>
9.gif
lol.gif

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I''m right handed and put point to the right. I set the iron on the right as well and stand in the middle. My left arm is totally uncoordinated and I need everything on my right. My family and husband all iron in this configuration the few times a year we iron.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee hee. El is right.

9.gif
I would be glad to share some techniques and pointers on how to produce the most effective Hubby targeted ironing producing whimper!
11.gif
9.gif
41.gif

1) First you need a good coat of mascara to flutter those lashes and make eyes puppy dog like for extra effect
31.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

Exactly! When I've set the ironing board up pointing to the right (o.k., I don't iron all that often so I sometimes forget
9.gif
), then when I go to set the iron down, it's really hard to get it to fit on that tiny pointed end. Hot irons tumbling onto the floor are the result.
6.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/21/2008 3:42:42 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hee hee. El is right.

9.gif
I would be glad to share some techniques and pointers on how to produce the most effective Hubby targeted ironing producing whimper!
11.gif
9.gif
41.gif

1) First you need a good coat of mascara to flutter those lashes and make eyes puppy dog like for extra effect
31.gif
Oh good lord.
20.gif

9.gif
25.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/21/2008 3:59:50 PM

Date: 8/21/2008 3:42:42 PM
Author: Lorelei

Hee hee. El is right.

9.gif
11.gif
9.gif
41.gif

31.gif
Oh good lord.
20.gif

9.gif
25.gif
Do I take it that you would like some more of my whimpering handy hints then?
emangel.gif

2) Make eyes mist over so that there is a little tear visible ready to spill down cheeks.
16.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results