shape
carat
color
clarity

The Good News Thread

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! How exciting! How did it go and how's the ring???

It was awesome, 1.20 carat emerald cut G VS1, I posted pics on Show me the Bling

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been reunited with the significant pieces in my jewellery collection at last, and am a very happy bunny!

I shan't go into details why I parted with them in the first place, sorry!

DK :bigsmile:

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm going back to work on Monday! I know, it doesn't seem like the best good news but I've been on short term disability for 3 months due to a car accident and I've been looking forward to being well enough to go back to my "normal" life. I probably could've stayed out longer until I was 100% better, but I'm going stir crazy being at home and not doing anything, this just feel like it's a sign that I'm finally really getting better after a long and bumpy recovery.

Here's hoping I'm not being too optimistic about what I'm capable of handling at the moment!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
After a bumpy last six months which included resigning from a great job to move across country for dh’s work, paying two mortgages while trying to sell my old house, and having little luck finding the right job...

....I found a fantastic job doing exactly what I want to be doing.
...My old house is under contract and set to close in a week.
...DH’s job is going great.
...And I just welcomed all my sparklies home from their vacation in the safe deposit box while things settled (like welcoming the rest of my children home, lol).
It’s been a good month so far!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been having many difficulties during the last one and a half year, especially due to my mom's stroke and to the insane load of work at the office with huge responsibilities. But today, I went to visit my mom and she gave me her diamond rings. Her solitaire is a 1.07 ct VVS1, F, ex cut round brilliant diamond set in 18 kt white gold and the stats of her half eternity ring are unknown,because she has lost the cert many years ago and she doesn't have the slightest recollection of what the quality of those diamonds was. I feel very moved. I'm blessed with many beautiful pieces already but the fact that I got my mom's rings means so much to me. So today was a really good day and I just wanted to share.... IMG_20200305_202438.jpg

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
I moved across country in July for my husband’s work and bought a new house in our new city. I’ve been paying two mortgages since then. Today was a great day because we finally sold our house. It closed! Woohoo!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I achieved my goal to lose a stone (14lb) today since I was diagnosed with a medical condition last June 2019.

Next goal is another half a stone, and I shall celebrate with another bling purchase of some sort as reward to myself.

DK :))

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
Made some progress toward getting a fur baby.

A breeder has come back to me saying she’s having a litter at the end of the year! Going to contact another breeder I am very, very keen on tomorrow but at least either way I know I’ll be a fur parent in 2020.

The breed is a white swiss shepherd, for anyone curious!

hedgehog93

Rough_Rock
More good news - my SO got his permanent residency which puts him closer to AUS citizenship!

We were LDR and on the partner visa, so I’m glad that it was granted. Makes future travel easier too with COVID-19.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More good news - my SO got his permanent residency which puts him closer to AUS citizenship!

We were LDR and on the partner visa, so I’m glad that it was granted. Makes future travel easier too with COVID-19.

Wonderful update!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I achieved my goal to lose a stone (14lb) today since I was diagnosed with a medical condition last June 2019.

Next goal is another half a stone, and I shall celebrate with another bling purchase of some sort as reward to myself.

DK :))

Congratulations!!!

F667723C-F8A5-4471-B457-12BA33F3E260.jpeg

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I will have been married 47 years in August. We have been together since November of 1970 so together nearly 50 Years.

The lady of my dreams is still my lady and calls me every evening to remind me it is time to come home, then we sit together and just talk for at least 30 minutes, and normally an hour before having dinner, which I make as often as she does, sometimes more.

She still loves me, even when we are trapped in a house together and she is going stir crazy to get out. Both of us have stayed safe, so far, from Covid, and we have supported each other through minor and "less minor" things over the years.

Our children and grandchildren are all healthy and they all respect and love us almost as much as we love them.

I work in a field I love in a job I created and was then blessed with getting to know CBI who helped me to become more than I would ever have become without them.

This is better than the life I expected to have, I expected to have a lot by the way, and I feel so blessed to have lived this life and to continue to live this life.

Wink

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! what awesome news!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I've had a bum arm for a while. I haven't been able to pick up up sideways for a couple of years. It has remained strong when I pick things up in front of me, so have ignored it, figuring it would mean rotator cuff surgery - I do not have time for that!

Today, I decided to finally follow up and gave the Ortho office a call. The office asked if I could come immediately, there had been a cancellation. I jumped in my car and ran across town to be x-rayed and had the consultation.

No surgery! It's just an impinged shoulder and I just needed a cortisone shot. Done in an hour - start to finish.

I get my arm back! Yay!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've had a bum arm for a while. I haven't been able to pick up up sideways for a couple of years. It has remained strong when I pick things up in front of me, so have ignored it, figuring it would mean rotator cuff surgery - I do not have time for that!

Today, I decided to finally follow up and gave the Ortho office a call. The office asked if I could come immediately, there had been a cancellation. I jumped in my car and ran across town to be x-rayed and had the consultation.

No surgery! It's just an impinged shoulder and I just needed a cortisone shot. Done in an hour - start to finish.

I get my arm back! Yay!

That’s great news!!! I had a trigger finger that I lived with for a year because I was afraid of surgery. I also just needed a cortisone shot!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Just sold something on eBay that I've been trying to sell for awhile. Woo hoo, that means $$$ added to the SpArKly Fund!

Small victories make me happy. :mrgreen2:

Fingers crossed the USPS doesn't break it in transit!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
SO INCREDIBLY GRATEFUL!!!!

i recently acquired a diamond and got to share it with someone really really really fantastic!! She's helped so so so many people here on the forum. And i got to include her in the entire process. It was really so so so lovely and fun!! She's really intelligent and has an extraordinary collection!! How lucky am i?!!?

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Just wanted to say "hello" it's been awhile. Good to see many old friends!

Jeff Ira

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results