shape
carat
color
clarity

The Good News Thread

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
My boys were accepted at the school the hubby and I were praying that they would get into!
Also, my tiny studs appear much larger on my ears due to BGD's awesome cut! I have gotten so many compliments on my hair this week but my hairstyle has been the same for months! My studs are new:lol:.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My boys were accepted at the school the hubby and I were praying that they would get into!
Also, my tiny studs appear much larger on my ears due to BGD's awesome cut! I have gotten so many compliments on my hair this week but my hairstyle has been the same for months! My studs are new:lol:.

Wonderful news all around Crystal! Thank you for sharing it. :appl:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Missy! We are so happy!

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm 32 weeks pregnant with our second, and I could tell my daughter was lying transverse...and I was scared I was looking at a scheduled c-section, which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

She kept me up for ages Friday night with hardcore/uncomfortable wiggles, and then I was pretty positive she was head-down. We had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed she moved! Here's hoping she stays that way! :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm 32 weeks pregnant with our second, and I could tell my daughter was lying transverse...and I was scared I was looking at a scheduled c-section, which I'd like to avoid if at all possible.

She kept me up for ages Friday night with hardcore/uncomfortable wiggles, and then I was pretty positive she was head-down. We had an ultrasound yesterday that confirmed she moved! Here's hoping she stays that way! :pray:

Yay!!! Wishing you all the best and sending lots of healthy pregnancy and delivery vibes your way!!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late yesterday I received a call that the results of the needle biopsy conducted the prior day were negative, meaning that whatever the doctors had spotted on the mammogram of my left breast turned out to be benign.:appl:

The actual needle biopsy and the follow up mammograms leading up to it felt like torture. Nonetheless I'm very grateful to the medical team that managed to squeeze the needle biopsy (no pun intended) into their schedule on the same day that I went in for the follow up mammograms, and that they managed to get the results to me on the following day. It would have been an anxiety-filled weekend otherwise!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, and I hear that some giraffe named April had a baby!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty, that is fantastic news!!! I'm so sorry you had to go through such an ordeal; very happy though that your medical team was so quick with doing the testing and getting the results to you. You must be beyond relieved, I'm happy for you! :appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GREAT NEWS VRBeauty!!! So glad you didn't have to wait long for the results. 5 minutes seems like an eternity when dealing with waiting for test results. I'm so happy for you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junebug and Calliecake! Yes, I am relieved - and the full extent of the relief didn't actually hit me until more than a day later. I am so, so grateful that I didn't have worry about the test results clouding my weekend! I'll definitely be writing my health care provider to thank them and to reinforce what a huge difference their quick testing and processing made.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Late yesterday I received a call that the results of the needle biopsy conducted the prior day were negative, meaning that whatever the doctors had spotted on the mammogram of my left breast turned out to be benign.:appl:

The actual needle biopsy and the follow up mammograms leading up to it felt like torture. Nonetheless I'm very grateful to the medical team that managed to squeeze the needle biopsy (no pun intended) into their schedule on the same day that I went in for the follow up mammograms, and that they managed to get the results to me on the following day. It would have been an anxiety-filled weekend otherwise!

Woohoo!!!!! So happy to hear this news and so relieved for you VRBeauty!!!!:appl::appl::appl:
Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you VR Beauty!!! I can imagine the relief!!! Awesome news!!

I quit a job with a major insurance company that I been at 10 years and totally shifted careers. iTs the best decision I have ever made!!! I love my job now!!! I'm so happy I mustered up the courage! It was so worth it!!!:D

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So happy for you VR Beauty!!! I can imagine the relief!!! Awesome news!!

I quit a job with a major insurance company that I been at 10 years and totally shifted careers. iTs the best decision I have ever made!!! I love my job now!!! I'm so happy I mustered up the courage! It was so worth it!!!:D

Woohoo! That is amazing ZestfullyBling! That takes so much courage and stregth and I am so happy for you. :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful news, ZB! I hope (and suspect) that your move is paying dividends in all aspects of your life!

Good news: My wife has agreed to stop drinking (or at least try to). Admitting to have a problem is said to be the hardest part.
Next week will be her first AA meeting.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Norman, that is really wonderful news! Admitting there’s a problem is definitely so important, recovery can’t start until that happens! Sending lots of good wishes that things continue going well!

Junebug, thanks, I hope we can stop this evil before it has done lasting damage. Traditionally, its women struggling with drunk men, but the problem is the same, just so much less accepted in society. Being a 'hard-drinking-guy' is almost a sign of tough but good character (as seen in movies), while drunk women are considered low characters, thus it's double hard for them to admit and open up. Sad historical truth. I hate all those movies where the hero drinks whiskey from the bottle all day and is still a great guy.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grand baby #2 is on the way! Daughter and son in law still in shock, but the grandparents on both sides are ecstatic!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grand baby #2 is on the way! Daughter and son in law still in shock, but the grandparents on both sides are ecstatic!

Wow, great news luv!!!:appl: Two grandkids, twice the fun! Happy for you!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, junebug!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good thread DF! I have had some trials of my patience and resolve lately, however I did have some fantastic news back in September. I was approached by an engineering company who needed to replace their surveyor of over 20 years after he passed away and ASAP as their jobs were beginning to go into backlog. While I wasn't actively searching for a job in surveying again, I went into a negotiation and was made an offer that was so sweet I couldn't decline it. While my home life is a bit of a train wreck, my work life could not be any better right now.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good thread DF! I have had some trials of my patience and resolve lately, however I did have some fantastic news back in September. I was approached by an engineering company who needed to replace their surveyor of over 20 years after he passed away and ASAP as their jobs were beginning to go into backlog. While I wasn't actively searching for a job in surveying again, I went into a negotiation and was made an offer that was so sweet I couldn't decline it. While my home life is a bit of a train wreck, my work life could not be any better right now.

I thought DF made this thread, no idea why haha. Welcome to the chaos that is my life :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jordy that is just great! So glad things fell into place for you :appl: Very happy that you found a job that pays well and that you like!

I’m really sorry about the family issues, I can relate, I have my share of those too. Sending good thoughts you can get to a place where you have some peace, you and your wife deserve to be able to focus on your own lives.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thank you @junebug17! While the last few months have been a Rollercoaster I am glad that my job is not something I have had to worry about and actually feel valued by the company I work for. They really look after me with my remuneration and I have no desire to go into their management team since I am so content where I am which is something unusual for me.

Being able to balance my opal business with the high paying day job is a dream come true. Now I just need to get the home life sorted and I will be living the dream...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Maisie he’s beautiful!!! :love::love::love: Congrats to you and your family!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I retired last September after 42 years in the workforce. I have less money but no regrets. It was the right time, for a lot of reasons.

Also, we now have a 4 year old grandson and a granddaughter who is 2. We daycare the boy and he keeps us (mostly The Rodentwoman) quite busy!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I retired last September after 42 years in the workforce. I have less money but no regrets. It was the right time, for a lot of reasons.

Also, we now have a 4 year old grandson and a granddaughter who is 2. We daycare the boy and he keeps us (mostly The Rodentwoman) quite busy!

Congratulations on your retirement rodentman! Very glad you're enjoying it and having fun with your grandchildren.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I don't miss working at all. The last 6 years were quite challenging and often unpleasant.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results