color
clarity

The Good News Thread

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Good news here locally, we got a huge storm Saturday that gave us rain that our area REALLY NEEDED. This means crops will grow, our grass will grow, and it's cooled down just a bit. I hope some hit in Georgia though!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a $50 dollar bill yesterday, does that count?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
By all means, OF COURSE that counts! (Yours too, dragonfly - sorry I didn't comment on that earlier).

charbie

Ideal_Rock
We currently don't have AC and have suffered through 90+ degree temps this week. The good news? The temp dipped to 70 last night and is supposed to do it again today, meaning I get to sleep!

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Ok, now for some good news for real :cheeky:
I can't really share this in real life for a few reasons, but DH got a raise and a bonus today!!!! :appl:
it was totally unexpected. He's only worked at this job for 5 months, and was not expecting to be a part of the annual bonus. It wasn't huge, but perfect timing and will help us pay off my school loans that much faster :) thanks for letting me share!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
charbie|1307155327|2937435 said:
Ok, now for some good news for real :cheeky:
I can't really share this in real life for a few reasons, but DH got a raise and a bonus today!!!! :appl:
it was totally unexpected. He's only worked at this job for 5 months, and was not expecting to be a part of the annual bonus. It wasn't huge, but perfect timing and will help us pay off my school loans that much faster :) thanks for letting me share!

Sorry Charbie, but... wrong thread.

That isn't "news," it's great news! Congratulations!

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I backed into a pole and crumpled my bumper at the driver's side corner. I was pretty annoyed because I would have to pay to have it fixed. When the temperature hit 118, it popped back out on its own (my bumper is plastic).

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
herekittykitty|1309744756|2961353 said:
I backed into a pole and crumpled my bumper at the driver's side corner. I was pretty annoyed because I would have to pay to have it fixed. When the temperature hit 118, it popped back out on its own (my bumper is plastic).

HA!!!!!!!!!!!! That's awesome!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
herekittykitty|1309744756|2961353 said:

Ah - another story of resilience - of a different type! I'm glad it worked out well for you!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad there's a least one upside to temperatures that ridiculously high! Ugh!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I suppose you could read the transcript, but this one is about music, but this one is about music (among other things) and worth the few minutes it would take to listen to it:

http://www.npr.org/2011/07/10/137702818/from-ghana-to-brooklyn-learning-from-hip-hop

BTW if I weren't so lazy (it was a Sunday morning, after all) I might have changed stations once I heard that the story involved hip-hop. But I'm glad I didn't, because this story transcends musical genres.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Ive been married one week and it's the best thing EVER.

EVER.

Ask me again in a year. :cheeky:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
rosetta|1310370486|2966311 said:
Ive been married one week and it's the best thing EVER.

EVER.

Ask me again in a year. :cheeky:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results