shape
carat
color
clarity

The fruit of my DIY labors...lots of pics :)

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
As my wedding draws very near (this month- eek!) I have finished most of my DIY projects for the wedding, so I thought I'd share!

First... my button bouquets. These took a lot of time to perfect the technique, but once I got it down I really enjoyed making them! I got this INSANE deal on a huge lot of rhinestone buttons, and since I love sparkles, I used all rhinestone centers for my bouquet. For my maids I used rhinestones, glass pearls, real pearls, and faceted glass beads.

kmppricescopebouquet2.jpg

kmppricescopebouquet3.jpg

kmppricescopebouquet1.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
I have made cocktail hats for myself, my ladies, and the mothers of the bride and groom. Here's my cocktail hat- I didn't want the veil long enough to cover my face, so it just peeks down a little from my hair. This is covered in the same fabric and lace that my skirt is made of.

Hat2smaller.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
I made corsages out of vintage brooches and peacock feathers for all the ladies in our immediate family...

Corsages1smaller.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
And lastly, and maybe not the final version, my necklace.

I purchased this beautiful silver peacock brooch from the 1920's on Ruby Lane and I really wanted to use it in my necklace, but I am not sure if I can deal with the gap between where the pearls start and where the metal connects to the brooch. I have been making jewelry for a long time, but have never used a brooch in a necklace before. So this may be taken apart and turned into a classic three strand pearl necklace without the brooch. But I am torn!

When it is on my neck the metal connectors don't look quite as obvious as they do against the black of the jewelry bust...

kppricescopenecklace2.jpg

kppricescopenecklace1.jpg

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
That's all for now...thanks for looking!! :wavey:

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
OMG - you're so talented!!! All that stuff looks amazing. Nothing "arts and crafts" about it!

I actually really love the peacock brooch with the necklace. It looks unique and fantastic.

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Love Love LOve what you've done. I am so impressed! I am totally into the peacock, too. Well done!!!!!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
I'm very impressed. You are incredibly talented!

lovemybling

Brilliant_Rock
I like the brooch. It ties together your necklace and the gift pins you made, in a sutle way. You are amazingly talented. :appl: :appl: :appl:

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
OMG, these are AMAZING, Iris. I'm in love with everything, especially the colours! Please don't change the peacock necklace- it's gorgeous.

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Love the peacock brooch.
Everything else looks great as well - love the cocktail hat.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
WOW.

did I say wow already?

Irish, these pieces are truly stunning. I am really looking forward to seeing all of these pieces in action in your wedding photos!

getting excited

Shiny_Rock
AMAZING!!! Everything looks fantastic and definitely looks professionally made! I can't wait to see how the whole wedding comes together!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Everything looks fantastic!

I didn't notice anything weird about the connector pieces on your brooch/necklace. I think it's gorgeous.

You're doing the masquerade wedding, right? I cannot WAIT to see pictures when you get them. I almost went with the peacock theme, too. I just love those jewel tones together.

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
by TravelGoddess » 03 Oct 2010 17:38
Wow! Everything looks fantastic!

I didn't notice anything weird about the connector pieces on your brooch/necklace. I think it's gorgeous.

You're doing the masquerade wedding, right? I cannot WAIT to see pictures when you get them. I almost went with the peacock theme, too. I just love those jewel tones together.

TG- yes, I am having the masquerade wedding. Thank you to everyone for the compliments- it's been way too fun thinking up and making these random items :) I'm reassured to hear no one thinks the gap between the brooch and the pearls looks strange...I can't figure out why it bothers me so much! But I love the brooch, and this was the only way I could attach it to the necklace that didn't look even stranger. Once I can try on the whole ensemble together, I'll be able to judge if it is too much or if it looks nice with everything. I am walking a fine line with accessories with my outfit and don't want to tip over into gaudy-land.

Can't wait until the big day so I can see how it all comes together! Thanks everyone :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - everything looks fantastic!!

I'm just amazed that you did all this yourself, every single one of those pieces looks straight out of some high-end boutique - can't wait to see it all put together! The necklace is beautiful, and the gap looks perfectly normal - I would think it stranger if the pearls began right away, honestly, I think.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie said:
Wow - everything looks fantastic!!

I'm just amazed that you did all this yourself, every single one of those pieces looks straight out of some high-end boutique - can't wait to see it all put together! The necklace is beautiful, and the gap looks perfectly normal - I would think it stranger if the pearls began right away, honestly, I think.

ditto & ditto!

keep that necklace exactly how it is & rock it's socks off on your wedding day :D

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Wow, i'm really impressed! Looks like your wedding is going to be very unique and creative. I love it!! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very kool, fun and funky! I think you are going to have a wedding that people will remember! Love the coursages for the ladies!

Love those bouquets!

With the pearl necklace, if it really bothers you, I would re-do it with french wire and silk thread.There are different methods for this, but doing a double through version (not sure what it's called, but it's the one I use) would work and would bring the pearls closer to the brooch.

ETA I do not think it looks weird as-is though

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
bean said:
With the pearl necklace, if it really bothers you, I would re-do it with french wire and silk thread.There are different methods for this, but doing a double through version (not sure what it's called, but it's the one I use) would work and would bring the pearls closer to the brooch.

Bean-I totally forgot about the french wire method! They don't carry it at my local bead store, so I've never used it before. I did use knotted silk thread for the current version, but with clamshells and wrapped wire to attach it to the brooch. Do you have any recommendations on where to get it online? Maine is a little limited with craft resources. Thanks for the suggestion!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All your work is absolutely STUNNING, I particularly like the buttonholes and bouquets, you are extremely artistic and clever!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results