shape
carat
color
clarity

The frog in the pot

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi there. Actually, not sure if he pops ever into Hangout....but this Saturday morning I'm about to tell a story about the 2 frogs that go into a pot of water, and I'm trying to remember if this is a story I heard from Gary Holloway first, or if I heard it before, and appreciated he knew it, too.
So, I'll start by asking if others here can tell the story before I do, and also, see if Gary shows up to say something that might help me appreciate which of the 2 scenarios is the case. Wishing everyone so very well!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey RG long time no see, how are you doing?
This one?
This has been around longer that I have because I remember hearing it in grade school.
" Urban myth has it that if you put a frog in a pot of boiling water it will instantly leap out. But if you put it in a pot filled with pleasantly tepid water and gradually heat it, the frog will remain in the water until it boils to death."

looks like it goes back to at least 1869

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Two frog story it could be?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Strorm, good to see you, too, and nice to have you respond so quickly. Hope all is well with you and the wifey!

Ira Z.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Ira. Do you hang out on one of these fora?

Deb

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow. Here you are!:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see you.
BTW, are you still 'regular', or have you reached that age? :lol:

Last edited:

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Hi Miss Got Rocks, nice to be here again.
Deb, good to see you! Have you been sending out any cakes lately?
Hi Sharon!
Kenny, two things:
a) how many times have you been kicked out of here since I've been away (a few years?)
b) re regular...read that a couple times. Are we talking about digestion? Sex? Actually, just turned 65 days ago. Was motivated to post on Facebook a bit saying: Now I'm as old as old people. A number of my age cohorts decided to pipe up and kick back. But, nope, I'm not as young as I used to be.

Now, with a 25 year old, having thoughts about possibly both sharing my wife's engagement ring with my younger son, if he engages, and bringing on a modest but ideally cut 5 stone anniversary ring to replace it.

And also, am now working at a somewhat modest job, after having been retired late last year by my company of 18 years...keeping my eye on both a career revision, and strategies to bringing my later years forward.

Hope everyone's been keeping well!

Ira Z.

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How many times have I've been in PS solitary confinement?
DF probably knows, but I don't recall, since I'm almost as old as you. :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results