Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what was it?.. :))

mayerling

Ideal_Rock
I'll play.

It was a silver heart-shaped pendant :)

Edit: Which, by the way, I received 2 days after my Godparents gave me a white gold heart-shaped pendant. Needless to say I stopped wearing theirs as soon as I received his :D

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
flowers - light pink roses to be exact. I'm pretty sure that's all he ever gave me, but in his defense we were only 16 and had no money :wacko:

MsP

Brilliant_Rock
If we're talking jewelry... I've never received jewelry from a guy. They know better.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Not too original - his high school ring! I gave it back to him when we broke up.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Other than flowers, it was a gold heart pendant with a teeny tiny diamond in the center. I still have it, of course!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
We were 11. He sketched something and framed it. 3 months later, after we broke up, i took the sketch out so i can use the frame... and found a pair of earrings tucked behind the sketch. oops. :oops:

zipzapgirl

Shiny_Rock
Fifth grade. I received an adjustable "ruby" ring with mini six CZ from the Christmas fair booth, which I then never took off until we broke up. It often turned my finger green :tongue:

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh dear, 10 and 11, I was a late bloomer! My first boyfriend was at 16!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can't remember what the very first gift was (probably flowers), but one of the first was a claddagh ring that he had gotten from a pawn shop. It was huge and clunky and really not me. He got one for himself too, which is funny, because he's SO not a ring person. I'm not sure, but I guess he liked the matchy-matchiness of it all. He's extremely sentimental, and he had gotten the rings for us when we decided to go to Ireland for a friend's wedding. He told me he also got it because I'm Irish and he wanted to give me something, well, Irish. It was a really sweet gesture but I couldn't bring myself to wear the ring. He never wore his either. We laugh about it now.

ETA: Oops! I didn't read the title closely enough. I thought it was the first gift from your husband. The first gift from my first boyfriend was flowers. Nice but nothing super special.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Zoe|1309460019|2959276 said:
I can't remember what the very first gift was (probably flowers), but one of the first was a claddagh ring that he had gotten from a pawn shop. It was huge and clunky and really not me. He got one for himself too, which is funny, because he's SO not a ring person. I'm not sure, but I guess he liked the matchy-matchiness of it all. He's extremely sentimental, and he had gotten the rings for us when we decided to go to Ireland for a friend's wedding. He told me he also got it because I'm Irish and he wanted to give me something, well, Irish. It was a really sweet gesture but I couldn't bring myself to wear the ring. He never wore his either. We laugh about it now.

ETA: Oops! I didn't read the title closely enough. I thought it was the first gift from your husband. The first gift from my first boyfriend was flowers. Nice but nothing super special.

Ah, how sweet! One of the ladies I work with got a claddagh e-ring with a diamond. She's Irish and VERY sentimental - not too style-conscious though. She was beaming from ear to ear.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
A china soap dish with 3 blue love-bird soaps.

It was for my birthday and I was 8 at the time. We used to hide behind his parents garage and kiss each other on the cheek while his brother and my sister tried to find us. I think I dated him for his full-sized trampoline...

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
We were 15 and he got me a "diamond" heart necklace

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh . . . wait. :???:

b.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
A hot fudge sundae.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were 2nd grade sweethearts...he gave me a little silver ring with some kind of oval ceramic "stone" in it. He once wrote about me and the ribbons I wore in my hair for a class assignment. It was all just terribly romantic. ;))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, this wasnt one of my first gifts but it was one of my more unique gifts. I got a TV stand! Yoohoo! Uippy! ah...no. :oops:

I knew it was time to break up. It was just so impersonal. I dont know if he meant to give it to me as a sign but thats the way
I took it.

AmeliaG

Brilliant_Rock
Oh I forgot, my first jewelry present.

It wasn't from a BF - we were seven years old and I just thought he was a neat kid to roughhouse with (I was a tomboy). He turned up at my house and gave me his mother's multi-stone brooch. It may not have been valuable but it wasn't a present to give to a 7 year old girl either. I proudly showed my mom and she had a fit.

Sadly, I didn't get to keep that present.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Aww what a sweet thread. We were in 6th grade, and he gave me a little crystal heart necklace on a silver chain and matching earrings. They came in a red heart shaped velvet box. So cheesy, but kind. It came with a little handwritten note about liking me. (My parents totally had a cow, but I got to keep it)

tzelin

Rough_Rock
Mine is a white gold necklace with small white gold pendant that has a tiny, tiny diamond in it. i love it!

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A book about art history and Ayn Rand's The Fountainhead.

maplefemme

Brilliant_Rock
He gave me a ring, it was very old and worn, it had four small diamonds set in white and yellow gold. I'm wondering if it was his Grandmother's, it was definitely from that era. Either way, we were 13, I doubt he bought it or was given it.
I had it stolen whilst I was in gym class when I was 15 (we had to put our valuables all together in a tray our teacher kept, someone took it after class when we were collecting our valuables) I hope karma bites them in the a$$ :(sad

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It have been too long ago, I dont remember the first thing he bought me...but my first piece of jewelry was a a flower ring with 7 cloudy diamonds set in 10K I loved that ring...I still have it but on of the little diamonds fell out, I thought about have it fixed up with new diamonds and maybe a little pink sapphire and wea it as a pinkie or right hand ring.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
A pair of malachite earrings, 14K yg bezel set with milgrain, nice ones. The idiot couldn't remember if my ears were pierced so he bought screw-back ones, ick. By the time we broke up (this was in college), I thought he was such a jerk, I didn't want anything of his & threw them away. Sheesh, talk about idiots -- could have sold them or given them to the Salvation Army.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
In 4th grade the boy I liked (I wouldn't call him a boyfriend) gave me a silver ring shaped like a heart with a smilie face on it.

My first "real" boyfriend gave me a promise ring, with a .10 diamond. I gave it back after I broke up with him.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
My very first boyfriend was going to give me a pound puppy but I didn't have any money to get him a gift, so I broke up with him :(sad

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
You expect me to remember that far back? You expect too much DF! ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results