shape
carat
color
clarity

The final proposal idea!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Before I begin, the whole point of this weekend is to drive her ragid by making her think that any number of events will be the time I ask her to marry and I don''t. Ha-ha! I am evil like that.

Even though we have been together for awhile, I still ask her out on "dates". May 21st, I asked her to go to dinner with me. I told her to dress appropriately as we were going to a nice place. While we are there, I''ll have the waitor/waitress bring over a rose or something like that, have a candle light dinner, and have the waiter say, "Madam, your date this evening has requested that we bring you a special dessert that he has chosen for you!". That''ll get her thinking if the nights events haven''t already. When it comes out, it''ll be her favorite dessert and that''s all. Afterward, we''ll take a stroll and I''ll end the evening. Hoepfully, she is flabbergasted...

On May 22nd, I have booked a bed & breaskfast at Cape May New Jersey and I won''t tell her where we are going. We''ll end up at the place, on the beach, and if I know her, she''ll love it. We''ll do a picnic with wine and such on the beach and "I won''t ask her". We''ll take a sunset stroll that evening and I won''t ask her. Our suite has a kitchen, and since I am a great cook - haha, I will cook her a candle light dinner with wine and champagne, do some strawberries and chocolate and "not ask her".

On May 23rd, we''ll check out, do some window shopping and I''ll say, "Hey there this place called Sunset Beach where you can find these cool stones." I won''t give it away by saying "Cape May Diamonds" which they are called. When we get there, we''ll find a few and I work myself away from her. I''ll say, "Hey Sweety! Come look at this one!". I''ll slip the ring from my pocket and propose.

How does that sound?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Lord man, you are GOOD! I suggest that as great as this scheme is (oh and Evil!), each time you tell her how much you love her and just say, "I just wanted to tell you how much I love you" or whatever. You can't just have it all be empty and almost meaningless, because she'll see right through it...

Like when you bring out the dessert, hold her hands, look into her eyes, and say something sweet, but you can agonaize her by not saying "it"...
11.gif
And each time, increase the attention and adoration, and when you don't ask it will drive her nuts. Actions are excellent, but words can put it over the edge.

You're goooood!
9.gif
11.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
Truly an evil plan, but I LOVE it!

So we have to wait a month to find out how it goes...so in a way, you're torturing us too!
2.gif

Good luck!

-Sarah

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Actually, I have decided May 14-16 to launch my plan. Only 10 days away... A lot to plan out by then. Wish me luck and I hope the weather holds out.

Ken

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
I am adding another scenario to my weekend... This weekend, I am going to see a lot of family and friends and I'll use my video camera to record each of them saying, "I know someone who loves you" Probably about 20 of them. At the end, I'll pop up and tell her some "things" and say "I have a question to ask you..." ***Since, I am making dinner that evening (Saturday portion of the ruse), I will play the video right before dinner is done.**** Hopefully, she is sitting on the edge of her seat and I'll say, "Are you ready for dinner?"

How's that?!?! My friends seem to think I'll need dental or plastic surgery after that weekend because I am going to drive her insane. Mu-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

adillus

Rough_Rock
Not to be a killjoy, but I think your weekend might work better if you asked her at the beginning. If you do that, you'll be able to share the rest of the romantic weekend on even ground. It'll be a lot more fun for her if you propose early. It's fun for for you to torment her maybe, but that really just sucks the romance out of all the things you're planning.

It's nice that you've put a lot of thought & energy into your proposal, but do you want her to feel special and loved all weekend, or do you want her to feel like she's being made fun of?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
The video is a bad idea is you don't want to blow the surprise, in my opinion.

The effort of going to 20 people and getting them to do this is a CLEAR indicator that a proposal is forthcoming, and if it doesn't come at dinner, she'll still know it's in the wind for that weekend. Trust me, women are intuitive that way.

Less is more, in my opinion. The first idea you presented was fine as is.

darnel8

Rough_Rock
This sounds like a great idea, however, if you lady is anything like mine she will be totally frustrated by saturday and want to go home.

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/6/2004 9:11:54 PM adillus wrote:

Not to be a killjoy, but I think your weekend might work better if you asked her at the beginning. If you do that, you'll be able to share the rest of the romantic weekend on even ground. It'll be a lot more fun for her if you propose early. It's fun for for you to torment her maybe, but that really just sucks the romance out of all the things you're planning.

It's nice that you've put a lot of thought & energy into your proposal, but do you want her to feel special and loved all weekend, or do you want her to feel like she's being made fun of?----------------

I agree that you should consider the "rock hunting" expedition at the START of the trip, not the end! She'll be floating on air the rest of the weekend and it'll still be a surpirse. Your idea of finding rocks and saying "hey look at this one" is great....LOVE THAT....just don't torture her with let downs before you do it.

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Okay! I am removing the "video" from the weekend. Probably wouldn't have done it anyway after thinking about it more.

So, you think I should ask ahead of time? I wanted to torture her a little. Trust me, she's NY'er so she can handle it. Ha-ha! Well, here's another idea... The place with "Cape May Diamonds" is on Sunset Beach. It's supposed to be one of the only place on the east coast where you can see the sun set. I could take her there Saturday evening to watch the sun set and use my "rock hunting" idea that night and as the sun sets, I'll ask her.

Thought?

Judi W

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/7/2004 2:42:28 PM kyoshida wrote:

Okay! I am removing the 'video' from the weekend. Probably wouldn't have done it anyway after thinking about it more.

So, you think I should ask ahead of time? I wanted to torture her a little. Trust me, she's NY'er so she can handle it. Ha-ha! Well, here's another idea... The place with 'Cape May Diamonds' is on Sunset Beach. It's supposed to be one of the only place on the east coast where you can see the sun set. I could take her there Saturday evening to watch the sun set and use my 'rock hunting' idea that night and as the sun sets, I'll ask her.

Thought?

----------------

A bit better, more civilized. Even though you think "she can handle it" I'd be careful. Remember, this is a moment she'll always remember. It may seem like a great opportunity to tease...but don't go too far. Besides, all the planning in the world may be forgotten when you have that ring in your pocket and the moment feels right. Let us all know how it gos. Good luck!
9.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I noticed that most men concentrate on the surprise, as most women concentrate on the sentimentality.

I think you could lose the surprise but retain the sentimentality, and have a wonderful proposal, but you can't lose the sentimentality for the sake of the suprise. Make sense? if you can have both, all the better but agreed with Judi, it's a fine line, and this is such a special moment, so make her feel that.
1.gif

Good luck and keeping our collective fingers crossed for you!!!
appl.gif

kyoshida

Rough_Rock
Well, the weekend didn't turn out exactly as I planned, but it was still a great weekend and she said "Yes".

First, I called the restaurant I took her to 3 times to make sure they were going to bring out the chocolate covered strawberries for dessert and they DIDN'T. I was fuming... No big deal! It was a nice evening otherwise.

Saturday, I picked up the ring and put it in my coat pocket and had it in the trunk. We packed and drove to the beach. When we got there, she grabbed my jacket and I was like "I don't need that!" And took it from her... She was like "Ooookay!". When we went to the room, I found out it really wasnt conducive for cooking dinner so I decided to nix that idea and we decided to go out for dinner instead. Before that we went to the beach to watch the sun set. We had a blanket and she was sitting between my legs as we were both watching the sun set. I kept digging in the sand for stones and I kept saying "look at this one" for each one I found. About ten minutes of sitting there, watching the sun set, and finding stones, I pulled the ring out of my pocket and pretended I was digging for more and then said "look at this one" and showed her the ring. "Oh my God!" she said... "Will you marry me???" I said. "YES! YES! YES!"

And that's that!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results