shape
carat
color
clarity

The FDA just approved a candy flavored ADHD medication?!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://psychcentral.com/news/2016/05/31/new-chewable-adhd-medication-adzenys-has-some-worried/104077.html

I'm rather appalled by this but it's not surprising seeing as the FDA also did us the favor of approving OxyContin for 11-16 years olds late last year. Not that I am insensitive to individuals who genuinely need and benefit from prescription drugs but candy flavored? Really? Consider that if a younger sibling somehow got a hold of a pill that was not flavored they would have a good chance of spitting it out so have they considered an increased risk of poisoning?

I wont speak for my husband or kids but this is why I refuse to take any pharmaceutical products including vaccines, they are not looking out for the health of the people but rather the profits they can gain by marketing from one end of the spectrum to the other.

Sorry for the rant but really we have a huge epidemic in this country and it seems that any efforts to improve the current statistics are being hindered not helped but a completely corrupt, greedy industry.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1464907317|4039551 said:
... a completely corrupt, greedy industry.

... that INSTALLS lawmakers.

America is not a democracy.
America is now the bitch of the rich.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1464917219|4039614 said:
StephanieLynn|1464907317|4039551 said:
... a completely corrupt, greedy industry.

... that INSTALLS lawmakers.

America is not a democracy.
America is the bitch of the rich.

Couldn't agree more. All the politicians care about is lining their own pockets even if it means getting some blood on their hands.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently watched a documentary on the pharma-industry. Good god, I almost threw up.

We have a very close friend with a terminal illness fighting with the FDA to try any damn drug he wants because he's GOING TO DIE. And these blood sucking a-holes are busy making drugs we get addicted to and making up illnesses we need them for. It's disgusting. And the BS they feed to people like our friend with ALS about how they can't just let him or anyone else with a terminal illness try drugs because of the safety risks.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppmom,

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. It really is sad how people have to fight when they are already battling a terminal illness. I can only pray that there is a breakthrough, all it takes is one decent person to approve an experimental drug or approve a drug for off label use. I've also heard cannabis oil can help but of course you can't legally use it almost anywhere.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Stephanie! I didn't mean to make this about me but it really ticks me off! Our friend uses cannibis in a more...let's say...traditional way. But sadly, his 70 year old parents have to buy it "off the street". He finds it helps more with the anxiety associated with ALS.

It's just scary how the industry and FDA are run.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do candy cigarettes and Big League Chewing Gum get banned but this med is approved??? :errrr: Something is seriously wrong with this world.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have 1 antibiotic left that 'works.'

We are about to be living in the post-antibiotic world BECAUSE NO PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANIES HAVE ANY NEW ANTIBIOTICS IN DEVELOPMENT.

For those of you who hate government (i have no one specific in mind here but instead thinking of this faction of the American public), keep that in mind when you or a loved one gets a bacterial infection---an abscessed tooth, a postop infection because our hospitals are turn-of-the-century filthy...

Yep, no one is forcing this issue with Big Pharm. We need government to safeguard the public health on this issue.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1464921932|4039655 said:
How do candy cigarettes and Big League Chewing Gum get banned but this med is approved???

The love and pursuit of money.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results