color
clarity

The dust worked! I'm engaged!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock

SMC

Ideal_Rock
mandasand|1364237762|3413049 said:
Okay ladies...go to SMTB to read my story and check out some pics...
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-a-beautiful-vintage-art-deco-ring.187314/#post-3413043']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-with-a-beautiful-vintage-art-deco-ring.187314/#post-3413043[/URL]

Signing off the LIW list at #34 (which will be my age in a couple months!!), but not signing off from the LIW forum or Pricescope! I plan to stick around if that's okay!

Yay!

Congratulations! I love your ring! This forum needs the proposal story though ;-), if you're willing to share.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Yay!!! Congrats! A beautiful ring too!

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!!! :appl: :appl: beautiful ring!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! :appl:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!!! yay to the power of dust :appl:

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations and Best Wishes! :appl: :appl: :appl:

MBKRH

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats mandasand!

lin_ny

Brilliant_Rock
Signing off so soon??

Dontcha wanna hang around on the list a little longer?? ;))

... kidding. CONGRATS! :bigsmile:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!!!! Gorgeous, especially with that wedding band!!! Can't wait to see more pics of it on your hand. :appl: :appl:

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! It was such an amazing day and now I'm exhausted! I will post story and more pics tomorrow:)

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Mandasand! I adore your ring! :bigsmile:

Cant wait to hear your proposal story!

mandasand

Brilliant_Rock
antiquesparkler|1364299700|3413591 said:

My proposal story: Jason gets home from work around 3 pm. Earlier that day, I finished restoring an antique bed for the guest bedroom, I did some cleaning around the house and made a bunch of mini pies as a test for the bridal shower I'm throwing my friend this weekend. I'm pretty much doing all the stuff that's fun and creative instead of actually getting myself ready to move in two weeks!

When he came home, I was working on the pies. He helped me a little, we also spent some time together in the yard with the dog and I made dinner. We had some wine with dinner and he was starting to get very sentimental. After our long day of activities, around 9:30 as we are winding down and all cozy in our PJs, I look over and see Jason on his knee, holding a ring. I absolutely have no idea what he said, I only heard "will you marry me?" I was in shock, said yes a few times and then we hugged, laughed and chit chatted. Our dog Maya was snoring beside us. Since he has to get up at 2:30 am, we went to bed and I wore the ring...he held my hand all night. I remember this because I didn't get much sleep!

He had yet to tell his parents his plan, so he called them Monday with the good news. He already told my parents a few weeks before. I thought that was really sweet he asked my dad! On Monday, I called my parents, sister, cousin, best friends, and then texted everyone else I'm close to. The phone was ringing off the hook! When I got home last night, Jason was sleeping. It was the last day of his 4-day shift (he's a cop and 4 on, 4 off)...he is exhausted by day 4, so this is not unusual! But, I can't wait to go home tonight and catch up on the last couple of days!

I took the ring to a local jeweler at lunch because the gallery looked damaged. It needs to be repaired and I have to part with it for a week. The ring is over 80 years old, so we knew it would need some attention. I think Jason is annoyed the damage was not disclosed. But, we'll work it out I'm sure!

That's the latest scoop! Thanks for all the well wishes!
Manda

wsucheerleader

Rough_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!! How exciting! i'm so happy for you!

Ms_Lovely

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! The proposal sounds perfectly lovely :)

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations :) the ring looks gorgeous on you!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
mandasand|1364341842|3414060 said:
antiquesparkler|1364299700|3413591 said:

My proposal story: Jason gets home from work around 3 pm. Earlier that day, I finished restoring an antique bed for the guest bedroom, I did some cleaning around the house and made a bunch of mini pies as a test for the bridal shower I'm throwing my friend this weekend. I'm pretty much doing all the stuff that's fun and creative instead of actually getting myself ready to move in two weeks!

When he came home, I was working on the pies. He helped me a little, we also spent some time together in the yard with the dog and I made dinner. We had some wine with dinner and he was starting to get very sentimental. After our long day of activities, around 9:30 as we are winding down and all cozy in our PJs, I look over and see Jason on his knee, holding a ring. I absolutely have no idea what he said, I only heard "will you marry me?" I was in shock, said yes a few times and then we hugged, laughed and chit chatted. Our dog Maya was snoring beside us. Since he has to get up at 2:30 am, we went to bed and I wore the ring...he held my hand all night. I remember this because I didn't get much sleep!

He had yet to tell his parents his plan, so he called them Monday with the good news. He already told my parents a few weeks before. I thought that was really sweet he asked my dad! On Monday, I called my parents, sister, cousin, best friends, and then texted everyone else I'm close to. The phone was ringing off the hook! When I got home last night, Jason was sleeping. It was the last day of his 4-day shift (he's a cop and 4 on, 4 off)...he is exhausted by day 4, so this is not unusual! But, I can't wait to go home tonight and catch up on the last couple of days!

I took the ring to a local jeweler at lunch because the gallery looked damaged. It needs to be repaired and I have to part with it for a week. The ring is over 80 years old, so we knew it would need some attention. I think Jason is annoyed the damage was not disclosed. But, we'll work it out I'm sure!

That's the latest scoop! Thanks for all the well wishes!
Manda

Yay! I loved the proposal story! It's so perfect and cute!!! :bigsmile: And also, my SO is a cop too!!!!! :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
What a sweet proposal story! I hope your ring can be fixed. The detail on the shank is so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results