carat
color
clarity

The Duchess of Sussex's Coat of Arms

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
coat of arms.jpg

I like it! As a Californian, I especially like the inclusion of California poppies. And I have to admit to liking the fact that it has a feminine feel to it.

Makes me want my own coat of arms... not that I've ever had occasion to need one!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-44258461

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like it, too! I’m an SLP, so I love the quills to represent commmunication.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe I’m the only one that feels that the coat of arms reminds me of a cartoon with that bird being strangled by that crown.... or is it an interpretation of what life will be like?

Luce

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know what the symbolism is of having the crown around the birds neck and not on her head?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1, I'm curious too!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, VRbeauty, now I understand.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is interesting to me that the chain attached to the crown looks bolted to the ground in Kate’s and Diana’s. A fitting illustration of what it means to be a royal wife.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is interesting to me that the chain attached to the crown looks bolted to the ground in Kate’s and Diana’s. A fitting illustration of what it means to be a royal wife.

I have no idea if I’m correct, but I assume that’s something to signify that neither of those ladies would be the reigning monarch once their husband became/becomes king - they would both be queen consorts, as opposed to our current queen regnant. Hence the crown is not ‘theirs’.

But, yes, equally fitting as an illustration of royal life too!;)2

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Per Wiki: “According to legend a free unicorn was considered a very dangerous beast, therefore the heraldic unicorn is chained.”

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Several Scottish coat of arms or family crests have the unicorn including the one for my husband's family. I like it and am glad Kate has the unicorn!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results