shape
carat
color
clarity

the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
okay, so i FINALLY got a wedding dress (have been looking around for about seven months!), but now i have no clue what to wear with it! the dress is a tiny bit long and cannot be hemmed, so i need shoes that are a bit on the high side but easy to walk in (otherwise, either my father or my future husband will be dragged to the ground with me when i bust my butt!). i also have no clue what to do about a veil; i just know that i want to wear my hair down. any suggestions? just in case my pix don''t come up correctly, the site''s link is here

118_708a.jpg

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
yay! i did the picture right! heh, i just SCREAM "newbie", huh? anyway, here''s the rear view
9.gif
i can use mad amounts of help! thanks!

118BACK_708b.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
ooooh the dress is really pretty. How high were you thinking?... 4inch heels? higher? Also what color/style? For a veil I''d recommend a longish silk tulle.... they are very flowy and soft!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
oh sheesh, if i wear any higher than four inch heels, the doodledude''ll be reciting vows with me in the ER! around three to four should be okay, i think. as far as color, i don''t care, and as for style, something substantial enough to not teeter (i am seriously NOT high heel friendly!). the veil length is something i''ve been wondering about, because at 5''2", the really long ones can get overwhelming, but i think something too short would look weird with the formality of my dress. shoulder to elbow-length maybe?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m short too... only 4''11" and I just feel ridiculous in most veils. The only one I found that I kinda like is a birdcage but the one I ordered is too short. If the new one comes and its still doesn''t work then I probably won''t wear a veil at all. I''d recommend trying on a bunch. I went the other day to try on longer ones just to see and I felt like I was playing "dress-up" for some reason. Some people just don''t do the veil thing. Otherwise, I think an elbow length silk tulle would be nice because they aren''t very pouffy so it won''t be overwhelming.

brazen_irish_hussy

Ideal_Rock
I highly recommend either a thick heel or wedge; anything else is likely to get caught in the lace of your gown and then you really will be in the ER.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/37565170/c/118755.html Probably the easiest to walk in with the strap.

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/37548490/c/107433.html I find Ninas really easy to walk in

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/37581574/c/124399.html I just think these are cool

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/37536598/c/385.html more expensive, but more weddingy

There are a lot of styles out there that could fit your needs. Good luck, being 5''2 myself, I know what a pain trying to fit into tall dresses can be.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress!

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for all the advice and flattery, y''all! i agree that a spiky shoe will probably get tangled with the lace (besides, i wear wedge old navy flip flops year-round, so i can walk in wedges, haha). i found a pair of 4" turquoise ones on zappo''s that i WISH i could walk in because they match our wedding colors so well and are ADORABLE, but i''d break my neck. hrmph! oobiecoo, i hope things work out with the veil! i''ve always loved the look of birdcages but i just don''t have the sass to pull them off (with my personality, i should just put my hair in a ponytail on top of my head and call it a day! i think my grandmother would keel over right then and there, though, so perhaps not...). i like the look of the hair being down with a simple flower in it, but does that mean you don''t wear a veil? how does that work? i''m overthinking all of this waaaay too much!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
your dress is gorgeous!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results