shape
carat
color
clarity

The Dress my Mom''s Making Me!! (pics)...to be continued...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Hi all!
So I''ve resisted posting this yet because I wanted to get the dress to a point where it was really taking shape. That time has come!!!!!

So I started the dress hunt a while back, and fell in love with Jenny Packham''s vintagy''s designs, as well as Claire Pettibone''s frocks, and Toronto Designer Lowon Pope''s sheaths. Unfortunatly, all were out of my price range...so my mommy agreed to make it for me!!!!!!!

My mom''s family tradition has always been to make your own wedding dress...so this just feels SO RIGHT!

Anyways...here is the dress so far:

~Pink Champagne Silk Charameuse Sheath
~Tulle and Lace overlay
~Mom''s hand beading throught
~Hours and hours of love.

*It is still only based together...

dress april 1.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

...and this is a close up of the bodice

(at the time of this pic, it was made in a cheap white cotton; before we had the guts to cut the nice silk) *wink*

bust.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

....and this pic is WAY before the silk was even cut. I just held the fabric up to get an idea of the colour.

Awww. Ain''t it Puuuurdy!

Es dress colour first fit.jpg

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
congrats, mela lu! it looks beautiful so far! you must be so excited to be getting EXACTLY what you want. how fun to see the dress come together! and it will be so much more special since it''s made with so much love.

my mom made my dress too. we live a couple thousand miles away, so she sent me a couple of cotton mockups early on (with tablecloth material!) for me to try on, but i didn''t try on the actual dress until a couple of weeks prior to the wedding!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
thanks Novia! I just looked at your pics - GORGEOUS! you''re mom should be proud! I especially love the low-U back. it fit you beautifully!!!

It IS an exciting process. Very special indeed - I''ll keep posting as it progresses.

:)

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty dress. I love the pink. Having your mom make your gown is so special. What a nice family tradition!

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, Mela, your dress is really gorgeous! And it will go perfectly with those shoes!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Your dress is lovely, and soooo special.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool! I love that neckline and overlay on the bodice. It''s awesome!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s gorgeous, your mom really has some skills!! I''m impressed! I really love the floral work on the overlay towards the neckline, it really fems up the dress and gives it a very luxurious feel. I can''t wait to see what it looks like when it''s all done. What a special dress to own.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
We did another fitting this past weekend...and it''s really coming along! Enjoy the pics! *probably not more than I do, LOL, but enjoy nonetheless*

IMG_0846.JPG

mela lu

Ideal_Rock

whoa. that last one was HUGE! My apologies! You could see the wedding shoe peaking out of it though!

another of the back:

back_1.1.JPG

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s really coming along! I think it''s so great she''s making it for you.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I love it! It''s seems so "old hollywood" to me! Did she really do all that beading herself?

Talented mom!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s looking gorgeous. Your mom is really talented!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
OMG it''s GORGEOUS!!! Can you loan me your mother please??!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results