shape
carat
color
clarity

the DIY monster strikes again

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
i originally envisioned a triple strand pearl bracelet with an antique clasp but was having trouble finding one that didn''t bust my accessory budget. so, the other day while pilfering my jewelry box i came across a long strand of faux pearls that i picked up for $1 at a second hand store for a halloween costume. they were so long, i would never wear them again & decided i could use these to make the bracelet. they already had an antique clasp that i reused but it is on the smaller side so i went with a double instead of triple strand. i you-tubed how to knot a strand of pearls. total for this project: $1 for the original strand + $2 for the beading thread = $3. and here''s the final product. i photoed it with my pearl stud earring that i will also wear.

lulupearlbrac.JPG

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
very cute!! i like it!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
What a great idea!! Was it very hard? I am thinking of doing something similar, but with a necklace instead and three strands.

idreamofcushions

Brilliant_Rock
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
That''s amazing! I wish I had your talent! I''m looking for something exactly like that for my wedding jewelry. You should make a few more sets and sell them on etsy...they''re really good!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 10:07:49 PM
Author: MeowMeow
What a great idea!! Was it very hard? I am thinking of doing something similar, but with a necklace instead and three strands.

thanks for the compliments. i thought it turned out nice considering i''d never done anything like that before.

meowmeow, it was tedious. i followed these written instructions and watched this youtube video. def using tweezers to hold the pearls as you tighten the knots helped. and just budget a good 3 hours; this took me around 2. the way i looked at it, if it didn''t work i was barely out any money, so why not?

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Lulu: Oh wow! I''ll have a looksy at those over my break in a couple weeks! Thanks for sharing them with me!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love that!

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
That is gorgeous!! I''m all about DIY-ing, but am stuck on the how-to part most of the time--my creativity just isn''t what it used to be when I was a kid
7.gif
Thanks for the tip about looking on You Tube for how-to videos! I never thought of that! Good thing it''s a slow afternoon at work, guess what I''ll be doing the rest of my day!
27.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Looks expensive and professional.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results