carat
color
clarity

The Day After, Reflections

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My thoughts?
A big f-you to the mainstream media that tried to force Hillary on the people.
Not Hillary and the NRA won the election.
It will be very interesting to see what Trump does as president. Who knows he may turn out to be a good president.
Where in my opinion Hillary would have never made a good president.
I want to see a woman president someday, but not just because she is a woman but because she is the best person for the job.
I have kept pretty quiet this election season because I don't care to talk about it and have many friends on both sides of the political spectrum. So this will be my comment about it.

How about some punkie pie?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
redwood66|1478717499|4095888 said:
monarch64|1478714891|4095859 said:
Elliot86|1478714614|4095858 said:
It's a dark and shameful day for this country, and I am disgusted by the people who made it happen.
I agree. And I will gracefully bite my tongue here because I won't allow a few rotten, disgusting apples to ruin this forum for me. I can only hope they crawl back under the creepy, cold, hard rocks from which they came.

Who are those people? Am I one because I certainly don't agree with you politically? But had this election gone like 99% of the country thought I would not have ever said something like this here. I am disappointed.

It is why I have started a few responses and just deleted them.

The animosity toward people here to do not agree with the majority is venomous.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bonfire|1478712889|4095851 said:
I'm hopeful. I have two nephews in the military and I'm glad Obama's apology tour is over and kissing the behinds of other leaders is over.
I'm hopeful that we can energize our economy and end the over regulating that is killing small business. I hope we can achieve a better healthcare system that doesn't include staggering premiums. Look, we are all different and we have different issues that are important to us. That's what makes us a democracy. We live in different areas of the country, but my hope is that we can unify as a country after this very ugly campaign. I hope PS friends, that we can respect eachother's point of view and not shame or condescend one another. Can we agree to disagree and be respectful? I hope so...
Couldn't agree more with your statement.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1478718271|4095904 said:
I'm hopeful. I have two nephews in the military and I'm glad Obama's apology tour is over and kissing the behinds of other leaders is over.
I'm hopeful that we can energize our economy and end the over regulating that is killing small business. I hope we can achieve a better healthcare system that doesn't include staggering premiums. Look, we are all different and we have different issues that are important to us. That's what makes us a democracy. We live in different areas of the country, but my hope is that we can unify as a country after this very ugly campaign. I hope PS friends, that we can respect eachother's point of view and not shame or condescend one another. Can we agree to disagree and be respectful? I hope so...
And now, we will kiss Russia's behind. :bigsmile:

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
JoCoJenn, are you saying that you want to hold women to a higher standard than men when they run for office? Because I too want the first woman president to be 'an accomplished candidate with a demonstrated record'. But I would also expect this on any male candidate. Trump is many things, but he is not an accomplished candidate with a demonstrated record in anything that is relevant to leading a nation. He is neither free of scandal or of sound judgment. He may do well, he may not. I was just really curious as to why the very criteria that made you opposed to Clinton, are not met in your candidate that (I assume) you voted for?

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Careful Karl you maybe labeled a rotten apple :lol: Without even knowing for whom I voted, I'm hit with name calling because I am hopeful for the future of our country under new leadership! Interesting

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1478717874|4095894 said:
redwood66|1478717619|4095892 said:
JoCoJenn|1478711147|4095847 said:
IMO - Hillary just gave what I feel is the most 'genuine' & 'human' speech I've ever heard her give. Nicely done; best wishes to her going forward.
I agree it is the most genuine I have ever seen her.
As a female in a male dominated career, I feel as though that we are not permitted to show our softer more genuine side otherwise we will not be taken seriously by our male counterparts. Whether this is true or untrue, this is the vibe I get. We have to present ourselves as tough and almost unfeeling to be taken seriously. Any less and I risk being labeled emotional and incapable of thinking rationally.

As a female who worked in a profoundly male dominated career I agree with you. But I also want to be a woman with all my intrinsic qualities that go along with it.

And could a politician be more emotional than John Boehner? :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86|1478717212|4095883 said:
Not to mention punish women for having abortions and overturn marriage equality. He isn't my president.

You are not alone Elliott!!!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I'm still pretty shocked. I'm also feeling nervous. I don't want to buy into the doom and gloom. I'd prefer to just let the dust settle and move on. I'm slightly hopeful that Trump will have the support he needs to perform as president. I don't care for all of the America-sucks-and-I'm-moving-to-Canada rhetoric, but I also understand that people are hurting.
I saw this today and I thought it was a good read:
http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/11/its-going-to-be-okay.html

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's a dark and shameful day for this country, and I am disgusted by the people who made it happen.
I agree. And I will gracefully bite my tongue here because I won't allow a few rotten, disgusting apples to ruin this forum for me. I can only hope they crawl back under the creepy, cold, hard rocks from which they came.

Seriously? I took a leave of absence from PS during the election season, I don't enjoy reading the political posts. I was thinking of starting to ease back in. I have friends on both sides. Friends I care about and they will still be my friends no matter what side they are on. They are not disgusting because we see things differently, they are not rotten apples. They are my friends I've laughed with, cried with and I care about. This statement right here makes me glad I left for a few months. Time to leave again and only lurk to see pictures or maybe troll pre loved. :nono:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1478716684|4095877 said:
I wish I could be like others and put a happy and optimistic face on this, but I cannot. We have done away with our checks and balances; current senate will not even let Obama fill the supreme court seat.. Maybe listening to Hamilton too much, but Trump is similar to Aaron Burr; power at any cost. And it will cost all of us.

And YES, the country is very divided right now. Who is causing this division? Listen to the talking heads that are sowing discontent and anger and fear. Someone is profiting from this division, and it is not the working or middle class. We are getting played.
And you why? b/c of the liberal policies under Obama.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1478718316|4095905 said:
Dancing Fire|1478718271|4095904 said:
And now, we will kiss Russia's behind. :bigsmile:
:think: ..I forgot who pushed the so call "restart button" with Russia?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump has been trying to get his business going in Russia. Will he bring his oversea factories back to the US?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Mayk|1478718789|4095914 said:

Seriously? I took a leave of absence from PS during the election season, I don't enjoy reading the political posts. I was thinking of starting to ease back in. I have friends on both sides. Friends I care about and they will still be my friends no matter what side they are on. They are not disgusting because we see things differently, they are not rotten apples. They are my friends I've laughed with, cried with and I care about. This statement right here makes me glad I left for a few months. Time to leave again and only lurk to see pictures or maybe troll pre loved. :nono:

Sad to see you leave again, Mayk :((

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1478719181|4095922 said:
Trump has been trying to get his business going in Russia. Will he bring his oversea factories back to the US?
I hope so. Our country need to create millions of new job. IMO, The main reason HC lost the election b/c too many americans are unemployed under the Obama Admin.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I keep hearing that the country was doing better.

Well no one told my home state.

I just hope that my two girls can find jobs here rather than having to relocate or have a long daily commute like my son has to do.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snowdrop13|1478719587|4095931 said:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-voters-will-not-like-what-happens-next/2016/11/09/e346ffc2-a67f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html

I like this.

This elitist snob jerk is exactly why she is not the President this morning. DC needs to wake the eff up.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1478718218|4095901 said:
redwood66|1478717499|4095888 said:

Who are those people? Am I one because I certainly don't agree with you politically? But had this election gone like 99% of the country thought I would not have ever said something like this here. I am disappointed.

It is why I have started a few responses and just deleted them.

The animosity toward people here to do not agree with the majority is venomous.

This. Right here is unacceptable. Everyone has the right to express their opinion without fear of being ridiculed. That is what a free thinking society is all about.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1478718748|4095913 said:
I'm still pretty shocked. I'm also feeling nervous. I don't want to buy into the doom and gloom. I'd prefer to just let the dust settle and move on. I'm slightly hopeful that Trump will have the support he needs to perform as president. I don't care for all of the America-sucks-and-I'm-moving-to-Canada rhetoric, but I also understand that people are hurting.
I saw this today and I thought it was a good read:
http://waitbutwhy.com/2016/11/its-going-to-be-okay.html

I really like this, and definitely needed it today. I am upset, but hope that this article is correct.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1478716970|4095881 said:
I wish I could be like others and put a happy and optimistic face on this, but I cannot. We have done away with our checks and balances; current senate will not even let Obama fill the supreme court seat.. Maybe listening to Hamilton too much, but Trump is similar to Aaron Burr; power at any cost. And it will cost all of us.
I am waiting to see the mass deportations.
I am waiting to see the Mexican Wall go up, paid by the Mexicans.
I am waiting to see Muslim ban go into effect.
I am waiting to see the US pull funding and support out of NATO and UN.
I am waiting to see the US renegade on Trade Agreements.

The above is what the new President of the USA said he will do whilst campaigning.

If he does not build a wall, then he is a liar..
If he does not mass deport, then he is a liar.
If he does not place a Muslim ban, then he is a liar
If he does not pull funding and support for NATO and the UN, then he is a liar
If he does not renage on Trade Agreements, he is a liar.

I am waiting for him pass ALL his tax cuts.
I am waiting for him to pass massive tariffs on Mexico and China.
I am waiting for him to repeal Obamacare and place his own plan which will be 'better'.
I am counting and waiting on him to bomb and take the oil from ISIS (a huge promise).

if he does not live up to these promises then he will be a liar and a sham. If he lives up to them it will be very interesting
to see what kind of America we will have.. But the Electoral college has spoken and we shall see.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-voters-will-not-like-what-happens-next/2016/11/09/e346ffc2-a67f-11e6-8fc0-7be8f848c492_story.html

I like this.

I read it and didn't care for it. It has a sore loser/bitter tone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1478721470|4095956 said:
I like this.
I read it and didn't care for it. It has a sore loser/bitter tone.
The same. It comes off as a sore loser elitist. Whether we happy or unhappy with the outcome of this election, nobody should be calling each other names nor putting each other down.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tekate|1478721451|4095955 said:

The above is what the new President of the USA said he will do whilst campaigning.

I am waiting for him to repeal Obamacare and place his own plan which will be 'better'.
I am counting and waiting on him to bomb and take the oil from ISIS (a huge promise).

if he does not live up to these promises then he will be a liar and a sham. If he lives up to them it will be very interesting
to see what kind of America we will have.. But the Electoral college has spoken and we shall see.

And you would have said the same about Hillary when free college did not materialize, countries did not take her seriously, and the host of other things she promised right? Or blamed it on Congress like Obama who had a majority in both houses for 2 years. He will do what he can and you are aware he walked back the Muslim "ban" nearly a year ago. All I can hope for is getting rid of the ACA, appointing conservative justices, bringing jobs back to the US. That will be enough for me.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most people know the difference between campaign promises and the real world?
Did Obama follow through on all of his promises? No, but even I know that doesn't necessarily make him a liar (and I'm not even a fan of Obama).
I have no idea what kind of job Trump will do. In fact, none of us do because he has no political experience and we don't have a crystal ball. He may fail miserably, he may be a raging success, or he might fall somewhere in between. I'm fine with waiting to see what unfolds because that's all we've got right now.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I like this.

That is awesome! thank you for the pointer.

Me, I'm going to Greece in May! my son is getting married.. Trips to NYC! Texas.... a garden again.. my dog! love my dog... If my portfolio doesn't go to hell in a handbasket I'm going to get some type of replacement diamond for a new pendant (I hope).. go to the beach... smoke weed (j/k on that one, I hate pot ugh makes me edgy of course that was in 1972 so who knows today ;-) go to Cali to see friends and family.. I will sit back and just smell my roses and observe.. and comment should there be a need to !!!

peace and love.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1478721993|4095961 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't most people know the difference between campaign promises and the real world?
Did Obama follow through on all of his promises? No, but even I know that doesn't necessarily make him a liar (and I'm not even a fan of Obama).
I have no idea what kind of job Trump will do. In fact, none of us do because he has no political experience and we don't have a crystal ball. He may fail miserably, he may be a raging success, or he might fall somewhere in between. I'm fine with waiting to see what unfolds because that's all we've got right now.

excuse but isn't that why people voted for Trump? his promises, I voted for Obama because he said he'd stop the wars, he didn't and thought seriously about not voting for him again, but the economy was humming along and I felt that what's his name, the rich guy from MA.. didn't care about the 'deplorables'..

eta: Obama had a congress that pushed through Obamacare, but for 6 years of his 8 years he did NOT have a majority in Congress so it was horrible.. Trump does NOT have that, he should be able to pass each and every promise, and people who voted for him should hold him to it. I held Obama to his promises.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1478721993|4095961 said:

Please see that Obama failed on some of his promises or compromised because a republican congress thwarted him.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/obameter/rulings/promise-broken/

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For the record, I'm still waiting for my health insurance savings of $2500/year and the ability to keep the doctors I had and loved, so you'll need to get in line! :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results