shape
carat
color
clarity

The CVB Insired Design CAD to end all CADs. For moi.

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Backstory, :read: TLDR:
I've been bashing around here since 2007, but sometime around 2012 I took an unintentional hiatus from PS and intentionally went back to school at warp speed—that’s a different story altogether, trust— :naughty: but lately though!
I confess:
I’ve been a sneaky sneaky PSer; up to the somestuffs, but only after nothing short of divine providence (not a term used lightly) brought a change in the wind. And the rare experience of a kindness nothing short of altering for the course of my increasingly diminished faith in humanity, (not a term used lightly, either.) The gift representing the promise to weather even the unimaginable storms possible for any two may find, got up and costume changed herself from ::) “Ooh, preeetty" to :-o “Ooh... ... (silence) ... .... (chirp)” :loopy:
Nono, it really happened like that! Some day I will tell you, if you wish to hear. I swear. Cross my heart & a girlscout oath!
It started like this:
By trading a 1.01 F feathered I1 Jubilee for a 1.28 VVS2 R lovely AVR, I found... the Precious. I happened on a stellar deal during a sale GOG was having at the end of the holidays. Myyyyy goodness she is gorgeous! The Jubilee we purchased from GOG in 2011 was beautiful and unique...though after wearing it for a time in daily life, I found myself (perhaps brattily) wishing that it had those distinct&chunky&broad&OEC-esque flashes of fire... as opposed to the pinpoint, H&A that a very modern cut shows. I didn’t give it much thought for a few years, but eventually found myself sucked into the death grip clutches of Pinterest (it’s like Narnia…)for distractions' sake and somehow back to looking at GOG's catalog. Since prices had dropped in market... and during such a coincidental sale... WELL...
Our new diamond (henceforth known, if but minus one point for lack of originality: "the Precious") wasn’t completely unable to be worked into its predecessor’s setting, of course. Nevertheless, there was that slightly convincing voice that kept saying, "it's not a truly ideal fit, y'know... plus you lost the weight of a medium sized child, so... it will look weird... y'know..." :wacko:
With chips being up and already on the lam from reality, I started cruising Etsy for some kind of more antique-ish setting ...perhaps a bezel? A two tone halo, you say? Butter colored melee, you suggest??? BUT OF COURSE! By Jove, that is a simply SPLENDID idea, ole chap!! :lol: I made a few inquiries, got a few answers and wasn’t really all that moved by most of them and didn't put much effort into realizing any consumer-ness on my part.
Enter: Caysie’s CVB Inspired Design. :love:
I happened upon her store after clicking on a rabbit hole of about eight thousand different links of some link of that links' link—(who really knows how that happens, anyway?) I had sent her an inquiry the same week as all the others, not expecting much more than a “ur out of yo goard, foo" response; Unexpectedly, she wrote back promptly with an almost long form response of wild detail and suggestions for the execution of such a design! Though I *thought* I knew right off the bat that such a piece was impossible Caysie seems to have a knack for making the impossible, well--just...probable.
So…. upon my faithful return to PSland, I come bearing gifts of plenty:

Such sneaky,

Sneaker,

McSneakersons.

2014_vanessa_reverie_dore_side_1.jpg

2014_vanessa_reverie_dore_ring_side_view_3-4.jpg

2014_vanessa_reverie_dore_back.jpg

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
Wait for ittt....

KAPOW!!

I've been henceforth cut off from micromanagement and deetz, at my fiancé's request....
....For the love of all that scintillates: CAD on out, I need DISTRACTION OF EPIC PROPORTIONS TO MAINTAIN SANITY
Who has a name suggestion? :errrr:

2014_vanessa_reverie_dore_ring_top_3-4_.jpg

2014_vanessa_reverie_dore_ring_top_view__1_.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I HAVE NO WORDS!!!!! I love it! :love: :love: :love: :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Oh, wow!!! :love: :love: :love: Love the contrasting white and yellow gold!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAHHH! That's freaking gorgeous.

Can't wait to see the final product!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, just wow! Can't wait for it to be completed!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ssssqqquueall! That is just yummy! I mean like put cool whip and a cherry on top!

Cant wait to see it finished! And yes, would like to hear all the details of the story some day...sounds very interesting!!!

EDit - a name suggestion...Her Royal Highness!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my - that is just stunning!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I follow her on facieb and and I was like "please let this be a PSer I need to see a million photos of this. " lol

Edit for name suggestion - the Duchess

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!! Thank you for sharing your lovely CAD designs. They are truly inspired!! I can't wait to see your finished ring on your hand!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is truly gorgeous!!! :love: I know the exact diamond you bought! My only caution is to be sure the yellow diamonds are very light to go with the R since it is nowhere as yellow as these CADs show.

I can't wait to see this ring! Caysie is doing some really beautiful designs!

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
WOWWOWWOWWOW!!!!!

As far as name, I thought "Kapow" summed it up nicely :D . But the suggestion of "Duchess" seems more fitting to its elegance.

By the way, what kind of band will you have? I hope Caysie makes it, too.

Warm regards,
Patty

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Oh my...this is going to be stunning!!! I love the filigree and diamond halo. It's going to be spectacular! How about "Sunshine"?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy c@#* that's amazing!!!!! I love it, you have to post a million pics when you get it!!!!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!! That is beautiful!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh! :appl:

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! :)

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT!! :love: :cheeky: Can't wait to see the ring. When is this hot hot hot thing getting on your finger? It is a gorgeous and so unique halo..... is that considered a halo? whatever it is, it's beautiful. Caysie is an awesome designer. Hats off to her :appl:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, THIS design is a masterpiece!

The lines are beautiful, the various design elements flow fluidly, the different colours and textures are nicely balanced... I love it! And I really like that her designs do seem to have a signature "look" - Caysie is a brilliant designer and she is also very talented with whatever CAD software she is using!!

I'm looking forward to seeing this one executed :sun:

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
I think you should call her BUTTERCUP!!

(gratuitous Princess Bride joke. Inconceivable!!)

She is just DIVINE!!! I can't wait to see what she looks like when she is done. It's going to be a breathtaking ring.

Any chance of seeing pictures of the loose stone?

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have you already okay'd the design? Are you looking for feedback or just gushing? For me, there's some minor tweaks I'd want to make.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
holy mother of sparkle.. now THIS is a ring! :love: :love: :love:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful and uncannily similar to my Bella that Erica is working on for my ACC! How exciting! I am going to love to watch this progress. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results