shape
carat
color
clarity

The Cutest Flat Shoes Ever

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
index.jpg

Ok. I can apparently post pictures, just not from the Neiman Marcus site.
I have been watching these shoes on NM for a while. They are never available but I just love them. I am constantly in search of a pair of practical, comfortable flats. I just don't wear heels that often. So on Wednesday, they come up as available, although the size selection seems pretty limited. I decide I will wait two days until the double points on NM InCircle is available. I wait one day. The size is GONE! in ONE DAY. I searched and searched for these somewhere else and finally find them on a site called Net-A-Porter.com. The sizes are limited and many are sold out already. The site has some tiny print (red flag) and some lengthy return requirements. It almost sounds as if they are going to run a credit check on you just for purchasing. You have like 7 days to get a return code if you decide to return. I am nervous, but as fast as these things seem to be selling out, I risk it and click 'send' to place the order.
So they come today. They ARE way cute but due to the lighter color, may not be as practical as I had hoped. I continue to search around. I find some black ones on EBAY! I am dying for a pair of black flats to go with my new black purse. But who will carry them? I called the Chloe store in NYC. Bergdorff Goodman, Saks or Barneys MIGHT have them. I called BG. Nope, sold out. WHAT is the big deal with these shoes? Called Saks. SCORE! So I order in black. I am nuts. It became a vendetta. I HAD to have them. What do you guys think? They ARE comfy. I didn't buy ONE single pair of shoes when I went to Italy. That is how I can rationalize this.
11.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Foot shots! Foot shots!
2.gif

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Those are so cute! I want some.
3.gif

This brings up a question I have, though. What do those of you who don''t live in California wear with flats? On your feet, I mean. Do you wear them barefoot? They definitely look cutest that way, but it''s not always comfortable and when the weather gets a little colder it''s not going to work. I have some little "no-show" sockies, but they never seem to stay in place and they usually show a little, too. Any advice?

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. Back on the same site. I am kind of coveting these:

index.jpg

I will try to post some foot shots of the others but it is hard to take foot shots of your own feet. I will have to get my husband to do it.

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Ooh, I like those even better!

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2006 5:57:44 PM
Author: Christa
Ooh, I like those even better!

Well, I think I do too. I decided to return the others. I think the color is what is bothering me. The real color is more of a taupe. The picture looks a little different. I decided that I love those red ones more. So I am going to send the others back.

I will post foot shots when I get them, both the black and the red.

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
No! you''re not nuts. When i saw those at a little shoe store early this year (same style, different color), I thought I HAVE TO HAVE THOSE! But when I tried them on they were too narrow for me. I will live vicariously through your chloe flats.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2006 9:49:20 PM
Author: nejarb
No! you''re not nuts. When i saw those at a little shoe store early this year (same style, different color), I thought I HAVE TO HAVE THOSE! But when I tried them on they were too narrow for me. I will live vicariously through your chloe flats.

What color did you try? I think the darker brown ones would be more practical for fall than these light ones.

Well, I just got the red ones. They told me to order a half size smaller than normal since they run big and they are too small! I am so mad. lol

nejarb

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/23/2006 1:02:05 PM
Author: Allisonfaye
Date: 10/21/2006 9:49:20 PM

Author: nejarb

What color did you try? I think the darker brown ones would be more practical for fall than these light ones.

Well, I just got the red ones. They told me to order a half size smaller than normal since they run big and they are too small! I am so mad. lol

that stinks. the ones i tried on were darker, sort of like a typical penny loafer color, but without the orangish tint and without the polish of penny-loafer leather. they were pretty.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I got the bigger size. They are TOO SMALL too! Grrrr...I think maybe my foot grew 1/2 size during pregnancy but still...I can still wear my old size in some shoes. I will try one more time. If these don''t fit, I give up. At least they pay for the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results