shape
carat
color
clarity

The Curious Case of Natalia Grace

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Any one else watching this, and the follow up, Natalia speaks?

I really don’t know what to think, especially after the final episode of Natalia speaks.

For those of you who’ve not seen it, it’s about a Ukrainian girl with dwarfism, who is adopted in the US, returned, adopted by another family. Lots of allegations of abuse from the adoptive mother, culminating in them legally changing her age from an 8 year old to an adult, and then putting her in an apartment to fend for herself.

You think you know who’s telling the truth, and then all sorts of information comes to light, which changes your mind.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
I have seen bits and pieces of it but not the entire series

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard of it but really didn't know what it was about. I'm going to have to look for it. Sounds very strange....

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve seen it. Whether or not Natalia was whatever age she was or claimed, that man who adopted her has something VERY VERY WRONG with him. I feel bad for Natalia regardless.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes @monarch64, nothing he says, or the way he acts seems ’normal’, I just don’t think people would react the way he does under questioning.

Tests show she was around the age she said she was. Have you seen the latest episodes? The last minute of the last episode of Natalia Speaks threw out another surprise?

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder when the crossover episode with the boy in the runaway hot air ballon’s family will happen.

Cha-ching!$$$$$$

The drawn out continuing monetization angle a family has, inserts themselves into the story for, in these true crime stories takes the interest /train wreck fascination away. JMO

The new foster family found an additional source of income in realty tv and Natalia is continuing with it.

I believe they are all nuts. No one is innocent or altruistic in this story.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rfisher, we wondered how much money the ‘new‘ family were getting from taking in all those children. The ‘father’ seemed very angry for a Bishop!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I agree. I am reserving judgement of Natalia and what happened at the last few minutes of the series because I can't help but feel like this was over money. They loved and cared her for years, cried at her "adoption", then 2 months later call her horrible? What were they expecting that they didn't get? A settlement or her disability check?

She's obviously a very broken young lady after everything she's gone through. I'm sure she can be difficult at times, and needs lots of therapy. But who's 20 year old won't drive you crazy from time to time?

MoxiRoxi

Rough_Rock
Any one else watching this, and the follow up, Natalia speaks?

We just finished the main series.. Man O Man it’s got so much going on! Micheal is just creepy, the Kristen eas smart about it and had no comment and if Natalia’s side is true, she’s been through a disgusting amount of abuse in so many ways.

We‘ll have to watch Natalia Speaks next, we‘re invested

Blue_Eren

Rough_Rock
I'm currently on episode 5, so I'm still figuring out who is telling the truth! But let's talk about how theatrical Michael is? Come on! Even though he discusses serious matters, I just can't stop thinking, "this guy is a comedy."

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nobody should have to go though what she‘s been through @Mrs_Strizzle, and it’s undoubtedly affected her deeply.

I must admit that Natalia speaks was eye opening @MoxiRoxi.

Honestly, Michael’s reactions to questions is ‘theatrical’ to say the least @Blue_Eren.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I haven't watched the series yet, and my reasoning is this:
It was interesting that they have just recently proven that she was in fact a child who was abandoned at 9. That in itself is monstrous. From what I gather, the people who were tasked with caring for her are not, and never have, put her best interests forward. This 'docuseries' is being called sensationalist and the man, Michael seems to be a 'fabulist' who keeps changing his story. I think Natalia probably has some pretty severe attachment issues and the struggles that come from that. This new family conveniently leaves a cliffhanger ending for new 'season'.
It seems like there is a lot of unfortunate opportunism happening.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently the latest is that Natalia has started a Gofundme page to pay for a house.

Having been abandoned so often by people who were supposed to care for her, it’s really no wonder she has a lot of issues.

xre

Rough_Rock
i have two question to all of you.

of course the Barnetts shall go to jail.they are horrible people.

BUT...

If Natalia was sleeping next room right now,would you be able to fall asleep?
Would you trust your child alone with Natalia?

that girl is no innocent,she never was.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
i have two question to all of you.

of course the Barnetts shall go to jail.they are horrible people.

BUT...

If Natalia was sleeping next room right now,would you be able to fall asleep?
Would you trust your child alone with Natalia?

that girl is no innocent,she never was.

Of course we only know what we’ve been shown about the whole ordeal. And no, I wouldn’t allow Natalia Grace or any other stranger to be alone with my kids (when I had minor children) or to spend the night at my house.

All that said, personally I found Natalia Grace very believable. She struck me as a basically decent and moral person who has been put through a whole lot. Just my opinion, from what I’ve seen and read about the case though.

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Of course we only know what we’ve been shown about the whole ordeal. And no, I wouldn’t allow Natalia Grace or any other stranger to be alone with my kids (when I had minor children) or to spend the night at my house.

All that said, personally I found Natalia Grace very believable. She struck me as a basically decent and moral person who has been put through a whole lot. Just my opinion, from what I’ve seen and read about the case though.

Forgot to add that I haven’t watched the last couple of hours of it yet, so I may have missed something.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I feel that I would not trust her to be alone with anyone or any living thing that is vulnerable. I do have sympathy for her though. She didn't have the love, support, or tools growing up that enable most people to develop the level of empathy that most people have.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results