shape
carat
color
clarity

The coutdown is on.....5 days and counting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DobasD03

Rough_Rock
So now is the time i am really starting to get nervous. I didn''t get nervous during the buying process, or when i look at the ring every 10 minutes of every day. But now, it''s close. I am not nervous about my decision, but the whole asking thing. I am just that way. anyway...to update all of you (many have given great advice over the past few months!):

we are flying out of Omaha on thursday to Los Angeles. We are going to spend Christmas with her parents and on the 26th are leaving for Santa Barbara. We are going to do window shopping, visit the mission, and the mission garden, etc.... just before sunset, i am going to take her to the beach. I have one more present for her.
31.gif
In a shirt box that i have wrapped a copy of The Knot (a bridal magazine; she has vowed NEVER to buy a bridal mag. before she is engaged). She will not suspect what it is b/c it will be in a shirt box. As soon as she opens that, i will be on one knee with the ring in hand. I have pre-arranged with a wine store in S.B. to have a bottle of bubbly on ice with two glasses for me.
25.gif
Now just have to get a good time for "the talk" with her parents between the time we get to LA and when we leave for S.B. to get the blessing. WISH ME LUCK!
any other pointers you all want to give? or opinons on my idea?
THANKS

razza21

Rough_Rock
that sounds absolutely perfect!!! She will be estatic about the magazine.... opps I mean the RING!!!!! WOWEEEEE you are a true romantic. what a lucky girl! All the best!

AMALEEKEL

Rough_Rock
OOHHH i LOVE the idea of having the bridal mag wrapped up. I too promised myself not to look at them till I get engaged. She will be so thrilled. I have a friend who''s fiance bought her a whole stack when they got engaged. That''s wonderful. She will be thrilled.
Congrats and I hope everything goes well.
What type of ring is the lucky girl getting?

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I think you have a wonderful plan!!! Very romantic and sweet.
30.gif
My only tip would be when you wrap up the magazine be sure to pad the sides so it doesnt move around too much... i seem to always be able to tell when there is a book inside a box. Oh, and its going to be heavy too! Good Luck!!!

DobasD03

Rough_Rock
its a round brilliant 1.2 carat set in a platanum 4 prong setting. VS1/G Has a "silver" tent to it, really an absoultly great find...and a great price as well!

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
sounds great. I love the bridal mag idea.

Do you want to ask in person. You could do it over the phone and then just reconfirm in person, just in case an opportunity for you guys alone doesn't present itself. You don't want to be acting all funny enough for her to pick up on. I know if my BF was trying to be alone with my parents, it would be a big flag.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
In one word - PERFECT!

........and report back!

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Argh, you''re making me nervous. My countdown is in like 3 hours.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Me thinks there will be many poppings in the next 10 days...

The very best of wishes to you all, and may all your dreams come true!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results