Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

The Case Of: JonBenét Ramsey

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 25, 2012
Messages
3,024
I've not been following it, and probably won't. The whole thing is just bizarre. I don't think anyone will ever find out who killed that poor little girl.
 

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
146
I have been following it. I have a personal interest from way back. I won't say why publicly.

My mind has never changed. A lot of these stories are misconstruing what the DNA evidence actually means.
 

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Sep 1, 2009
Messages
8,861
I have not been following, but would love to see them find enough evidence to determine for sure who did it and prosecute that person (or persons).
 

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Dec 15, 2009
Messages
1,628
I saw maybe three minutes of Dr. Phil. The boy was...weird. That's all I'm saying.
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
shaggy1|1474358104|4078701 said:
I have been following it. I have a personal interest from way back. I won't say why publicly.

My mind has never changed. A lot of these stories are misconstruing what the DNA evidence actually means.
Watched a special last night that said the DNA evidence did not actually exclude anyone. Is that what you mean, Shaggy?
 

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
3,517
Denver has a lot of child sex scandles and I personay believe she died from a choking sex/organism gone wrong. I believe the family was involved, and that the son was also likely abused/involved. Think the Franklin scandale, and if your not familiar with that and the boys town scandals think Sandusky scandle as of late. He was the one they allowed take ALL the blame but in no way shape or form was he the only one. He had ties to lots of boys homes, lots of high profile people were connected to him. Truth is stranger than fiction and everything is always smoke and mirrors.
We will never know the truth. It died with that poor exploited little girl. I've spent a lot of time researching things, dark things, things that make horror movies seem like a fairy tale.

Anyone remember why Johnny can't come home, the Johnny gosch (sp?) story. The rabbit hole is deep!
 

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
146
AnnaH said:
Watched a special last night that said the DNA evidence did not actually exclude anyone. Is that what you mean, Shaggy?
Yes. Touch DNA is likely to not belong to the killer. There's also the issue of how they dropped the testing standards to only 4 markers in order to call it a match with the other sample.

DA Mary Lacey is a disgrace for "exonerating" the family based on it. She and Lou Smit were hopelessly biased by their personal relationship with John.
Amber St. Clare said:
I saw maybe three minutes of Dr. Phil. The boy was...weird. That's all I'm saying.
He was just as weird as a 9-year-old.
 

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 23, 2005
Messages
12,175
I have always thought that the mother was in very deep in this case. While we will never know precisely what happened, I always felt that the son and the dad did not know exactly what happened. The case was bungled from the very beginning in terms of an investigation and this sweet child was just cruelly murdered and no one will ever pay the price for it - at least not in the criminal justice system.
 

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joined
Jan 13, 2006
Messages
24,426
vintagelover229|1474387250|4078835 said:
Denver has a lot of child sex scandles and I personay believe she died from a choking sex/organism gone wrong. I believe the family was involved, and that the son was also likely abused/involved. Think the Franklin scandale, and if your not familiar with that and the boys town scandals think Sandusky scandle as of late. He was the one they allowed take ALL the blame but in no way shape or form was he the only one. He had ties to lots of boys homes, lots of high profile people were connected to him. Truth is stranger than fiction and everything is always smoke and mirrors.
We will never know the truth. It died with that poor exploited little girl. I've spent a lot of time researching things, dark things, things that make horror movies seem like a fairy tale.

Anyone remember why Johnny can't come home, the Johnny gosch (sp?) story. The rabbit hole is deep!
Yep.

Why Johnny Can't Come Home and The Franklin Case should be on everyones list of things to read. If you want to know why so many kids disappear each year, read the books. Even if you don't want to know, read the books anyway. They are horrific, shocking, disgusting, and TRUE. You'll get a real birds eye view of how the system in this country works. And when you start understanding that, everything else will begin to fall into place and finally make sense... (and then you'll understand why you've never heard of these books/cases)
 

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
3,517
Ellen said:
vintagelover229|1474387250|4078835 said:
Denver has a lot of child sex scandles and I personay believe she died from a choking sex/organism gone wrong. I believe the family was involved, and that the son was also likely abused/involved. Think the Franklin scandale, and if your not familiar with that and the boys town scandals think Sandusky scandle as of late. He was the one they allowed take ALL the blame but in no way shape or form was he the only one. He had ties to lots of boys homes, lots of high profile people were connected to him. Truth is stranger than fiction and everything is always smoke and mirrors.
We will never know the truth. It died with that poor exploited little girl. I've spent a lot of time researching things, dark things, things that make horror movies seem like a fairy tale.

Anyone remember why Johnny can't come home, the Johnny gosch (sp?) story. The rabbit hole is deep!
Yep.

Why Johnny Can't Come Home and The Franklin Case should be on everyones list of things to read. If you want to know why so many kids disappear each year, read the books. Even if you don't want to know, read the books anyway. They are horrific, shocking, disgusting, and TRUE. You'll get a real birds eye view of how the system in this country works. And when you start understanding that, everything else will begin to fall into place and finally make sense... (and then you'll understand why you've never heard of these books/cases)
I think we may be thread killers Ellen. No one wants to know just how many kids are sold or kidnapped into the sex trade, or just how many high and mighty people they respect have a liking for little kids!

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/24/opinion/l-child-beauty-pageants-foster-sexual-abuse-310719.html?_r=0

http://childabuserecovery.com/european-royals-killing-naked-children-for-fun-at-human-hunting-parties/
 

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 25, 2012
Messages
3,024
No I mean, I'm well aware of the sex trade monstrosities that happen, and as someone who grew up Catholic I'm no stranger to the fact that people who are highly regarded in the community are capable of doing horrible things to children. This case just doesn't resonate with me like it does most people. I think the family is rich and crazy.
 

Bayek

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 11, 2013
Messages
6,641
shaggy1|1474358104|4078701 said:
I have been following it. I have a personal interest from way back. I won't say why publicly.

My mind has never changed. A lot of these stories are misconstruing what the DNA evidence actually means.
There is no no no way a ransom note would ask for 110,00$ ransom (Mr. Ramsey's bonus) if they weren't connected to the family, which makes either the mother or the father one who wrote the note. No one asks for 110,000$, they ask for 150K or 100K, 200K .. can't say who did it, but the family was involved, because I don't know but I would bet that it was the brother and the mom covered it up.
 

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
146
I'm familiar with child sex abuse by nonfamily members. I just don't think it's relevant to this case. And statistics show that abuse by family and trusted friends is far more widespread.

Tekate said:
There is no no no way a ransom note would ask for 110,00$ ransom (Mr. Ramsey's bonus) if they weren't connected to the family, which makes either the mother or the father one who wrote the note. No one asks for 110,000$, they ask for 150K or 100K, 200K .. can't say who did it, but the family was involved, because I don't know but I would bet that it was the brother and the mom covered it up.
Just for the record, it was $118,000.

Also Patsy used the phrase "and hence," in the family Christmas card that year. It was one of her favorite things to say in conversation. The same phrase was in the ransom note. It's difficult to believe a random stranger writing a random note would use the same expression.

Patsy was also semi-ambidextrous.

If one reads the full note, it sounds like a woman wrote it.
 

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 7, 2014
Messages
7,019
Just the length of the ransom note was off. It was like a damn novel. I would think a ransom note would be short and to the point.

I also thought asking for $118,000 very much pointed to a family member being involved. Unfortunately I don't think the case will ever be solved.
 

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
146
Calliecake said:
Just the length of the ransom note was off. It was like a damn novel. I would think a ransom note would be short and to the point.

I also thought asking for $118,000 very much pointed to a family member being involved. Unfortunately I don't think the case will ever be solved.
There was also evidence of a previous draft of the note on the same pad of paper.
 

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Feb 5, 2004
Messages
3,553
Yes, I always believed the mother was involved.

But imo, any chance of solving this case ended when the mother died.
 

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 13, 2007
Messages
4,910
I think it's most likely that Burke did it, even accidentally, and the parents covered for him so as not to lose both children at the same time and face a scandal. Or Patsy hit JB for wetting the bed and she fell and hit her head. I don't believe in an outside killer. It was just a family cover-up because they had the means to do so. They had good lawyers and they evaded the law. We'll never know.
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
It's sad to think it was family, but statistics tell us that is highly likely. Stranger danger is almost a myth.
 

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
May 14, 2010
Messages
4,013
After watching the special, I believe it was the son who killed her by accident and the mother covered it up so they wouldn't charge him. No outsider could have done it.
 

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
4,002
lyra|1474559913|4079588 said:
I think it's most likely that Burke did it, even accidentally, and the parents covered for him so as not to lose both children at the same time and face a scandal. Or Patsy hit JB for wetting the bed and she fell and hit her head. I don't believe in an outside killer. It was just a family cover-up because they had the means to do so. They had good lawyers and they evaded the law. We'll never know.
I have only watched the first episode...I need to catch up!

But if Burke did it...accidentally, what's up with the DNA in her JonBenet's underwear?
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
HC, it was said to be touch DNA from manufacturing the panties.
 

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 22, 2009
Messages
4,002
AnnaH|1474588728|4079725 said:
HC, it was said to be touch DNA from manufacturing the panties.
:shock:

Ok, I really need to watch the rest of this show then.


I had no idea that there was other people's dna in my underwear..... :???: That is going to do wonders for my OCD.
 

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Joined
Dec 27, 2013
Messages
2,740
House Cat|1474588960|4079726 said:
AnnaH|1474588728|4079725 said:
HC, it was said to be touch DNA from manufacturing the panties.
:shock:

Ok, I really need to watch the rest of this show then.


I had no idea that there was other people's dna in my underwear..... :???: That is going to do wonders for my OCD.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Aug 12, 2005
Messages
17,749
Rockinruby|1474593266|4079740 said:
House Cat|1474588960|4079726 said:
AnnaH|1474588728|4079725 said:
HC, it was said to be touch DNA from manufacturing the panties.
:shock:

Ok, I really need to watch the rest of this show then.


I had no idea that there was other people's dna in my underwear..... :???: That is going to do wonders for my OCD.
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Not that sweatshops are funny, but it gives a whole new meaning to that term!
 

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
1,226
House Cat|1474588960|4079726 said:
AnnaH|1474588728|4079725 said:
HC, it was said to be touch DNA from manufacturing the panties.
:shock:

Ok, I really need to watch the rest of this show then.


I had no idea that there was other people's dna in my underwear..... :???: That is going to do wonders for my OCD.
I feel your pain (anxiety.)
 

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jun 2, 2013
Messages
3,074
vintagelover229|1474465872|4079192 said:
* * * I think we may be thread killers Ellen. No one wants to know just how many kids are sold or kidnapped into the sex trade, or just how many high and mighty people they respect have a liking for little kids!
http://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/24/opinion/l-child-beauty-pageants-foster-sexual-abuse-310719.html?_r=0

http://childabuserecovery.com/european-royals-killing-naked-children-for-fun-at-human-hunting-parties/
Oh please do read this Snopes article:
http://www.snopes.com/hunting-license/

Having been a longtime prosecutor, I can confidently say that anything with Common Law Court in its name is not a legitimate judicial tribunal, but rather a "Militia movement" type of forum.

The lone sources for that post on childabuserecovery.com are the so-called "International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State" & its "legal and judicial arm" (quote from ITCCS web site), the "International Common Law Court of Justice" -- and they are bogus; they are the creation of one Kevin Annett. You will search in vain to find, on the web sites for either court/tribunal, an address in Brussels or anywhere else; who the "judges" are; let alone any indicia of legitimate independent recognition in the real world -- although there are Donate buttons.

At one point in the past, Annett may have been grounded in reality, had good intentions, perhaps did some worthwhile work after he was defrocked by the United Church of Canada. But he now seems to be either really "out there" or is consorting with believers in various "overlords" conspiracies -- not because he is a true believer, but is posturing in such circles because he's found that exposure there to be rewarding, for his wallet and/or his ego.

I first head of Annett some years ago through my job. I wasn't aware of Judy Byington until you linked that post of hers (which I"m guessing you came across via Google). But after scrolling through a fair number of pages on her web site & seeing some of her footprints elsewhere on the Internet, she is definitely not someone I'd ever consider calling as a witness:
She's a fervent proponent of the value of "recovered memories", especially because that's crucial in her view to learning of specific instances of purported Satanic ritual sex abuse of children, more particularly, an alleged "mafia-run global elite Ninth Circle Satanic Child Sacrifice Cult & is happy to feed into Rothschild "cabal" conspiracy theories. :rolleyes:
 

shaggy1

Shiny_Rock
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
146
House Cat said:
I had no idea that there was other people's dna in my underwear..... :???: That is going to do wonders for my OCD.
Just wash them before you wear them.

JonBenét was in new ones fresh out of the plastic.
 

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jul 17, 2008
Messages
10,598
Either Patsy or Burke did it. I'm not sure we will ever know the truth. I hear Burke is going to sue CBS. If he does he would have to testify to what he knows. That could be interesting.
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.
Top