shape
carat
color
clarity

The Break Up movie ending

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Who here thinks that when Vince Vaughn pleads for Jennifer Aniston to take him back towards the end of the movie, that SHE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN HIM BACK?!?!

Seriously, I remember being so shocked at her reaction when he said all those sweet things. His speech made me cry and yet she says she doesn''t feel the same! Wow, I don''t know.

I know, I know... it''s just a movie. Hehe. And perhaps the writers/directors felt it was a good idea to sway away from the norm and not actually have the couple get back together in the end... and I suppose it was a good idea...

BUT could you imagine? A man pleading to give him another chance and have it be truly heartfelt and the woman says no... it''s heartbreaking to me. (As you can tell, I hate that part of the movie! lol)

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I thought it was pretty true to life. I''ve been there. If he would have professed just one day earlier it might have been different - but when a woman is done, she is done. When one reaches her breaking point, all love is lost.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
I watched this again last night and, wow, it gets me every time. I found myself muttering, "you go girl!"

I would have felt just like she did. Even with his apology, you could tell that it was still all about him.

I asked my hubby if he thought they would get back together, after that last scene on the street. He just looked at me (having dozed off minutes earlier) like, "does it matter?" lol

Men.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
I loved that the writer chose an alternative ending. I hate the pat: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy wins girl back. Life doesn't work that way. My husband makes fun of me because when movies don't end until everything is tied up with a bow I tend to be bothered by it. For example, I thought Juno was quite funny but I hated the ending.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I liked the ending. It seemed true to form for most women.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
I guess it really is true to life.

I think I was and am still shocked that a movie actually strayed away from the norm and didn''t have such a lovey-dovey ending.

But you''re all right, in a real situation like that, I think I wouldn''t have taken him back too... there''s only so much a woman can take!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i like that movie FOR the ending!
1.gif

in their situation, i think his realization of his personal "issues" was too new; that if they got back together he would not have had that crucial time alone to really, truly dig deep and go through the process of change. i think she understood that... to really face his issues head-on he needed to do it alone or it wouldn''t be successful. on top of that, i think she was too exhausted and drained to hold his hand through it; to continue to sacrifice herself for his sake. the underlying problem to their relationship was that it was always on his terms... and it would have continued to be so if they got back together, again draining her.

i believe it did have a happy ending... i think the movie suggests he does in fact make changes in his life, to his person, possibly even motivated by really knowing what he lost by his previous behaviors. when they meet however much time later, you can see the feelings are still there, with the bonus that he has had time to work on himself and she has had time to ''play catch-up'' and live out her life and dreams without more sacrificing to hold his hand through his soulsearching. now, they can try again and i believe it has a real chance of working.

i dunno... it make sense in my head but i am not sure i explained it very well. anyway, that is how i read into it, i hope it gives you another perspective that puts you more at ease!
1.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I was kind of dumb-founded at the ending too, but honestly, I like it. I couldn''t believe they ended it that way because it''s so NOT typical for those kind of movies, but had I been in her situation, I probably would have done the same thing. But my fiancee and I do argue about when they bump into each other later at the VERY end of the movie. He says that you should assume they get together again later on, and I say no way.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that movie. It''s not really what I would call a "feel-good" movie, but I think that''s what I liked about it the first couple times I watched it. I''ve probably seen it ten times now, and I''m still glad each time that she doesn''t take him back. A day late and a dollar short, as the saying goes...

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, I love how everyone''s view or take on a movie can be so different! You know, whether to assume they get back together or not at the very end and such. I think I like the fact that they really make you wonder about it and pretty much create your own ultimate ending in your head.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results