shape
carat
color
clarity

Thanksgiving

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is my favorite holiday! The food! Yummmmm! It’s like Christmas without the stress of buying presents and decorating. What is your favorite holiday?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
of all the things America has given the world i wish we all had thanksgiving

i always feel sorry for the people who have to work this day

i look forward to finding out everyone's thanks giving plans

i love seeing the turkey get pardoned at the white house on the news

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanksgiving. Minus the turkey (for me). I'm with @Daisys and Diamonds please let the turkey be pardoned this year and all following years.

Apple pie, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, peanut butter frozen brownies and the list goes on and on.

Generally we host the holiday and I always enjoy that plus seeing my immediate family all goes to making this my fave holiday.

I mean look at these goodies...Need I say more?

thanksgivingtrifecta.jpg

pumpkincheesecakebydh2013thanksgivingeve.jpg

Seeing my nieces grow up before my very eyes. You can really see the difference when you compare photos from one Thanksgiving to the next.

thanksgiving2013.jpg

thanksgivingwithmynieces2014.jpeg

thanksgiving2015alexaandbethany.jpg

bethanyandalexathanksgiving2016.png

2017 (wearing the jackets I got them for the occasion and we were all matching haha)

bethanyandalexathanksgiving2017.png

2018 (first thanksgiving we didn't host)

thanksgiving2018.png

and I did a comparison side by side wearing the same dress on purpose 2012 vs 2018. How quickly they grow.
First pic is from 2012 and pic next to it is from last Thanksgiving. Like lightning it goes so fast.

thanksgivingcomparisonbethanyandmissy.png

Yes, for all these reasons Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday generally.
This year probably not because not sure we can even attend Thanksgiving let alone host it so might have to skip my favorite holiday this year. We will see.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanksgiving. Minus the turkey (for me). I'm with @Daisys and Diamonds please let the turkey be pardoned this year and all following years.

Apple pie, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, peanut butter frozen brownies and the list goes on and on.

Generally we host the holiday and I always enjoy that plus seeing my immediate family all goes to making this my fave holiday.

I mean look at these goodies...Need I say more?

thanksgivingtrifecta.jpg

pumpkincheesecakebydh2013thanksgivingeve.jpg

Seeing my nieces grow up before my very eyes. You can really see the difference when you compare photos from one Thanksgiving to the next.

thanksgiving2013.jpg

thanksgivingwithmynieces2014.jpeg

thanksgiving2015alexaandbethany.jpg

bethanyandalexathanksgiving2016.png

2017 (wearing the jackets I got them for the occasion and we were all matching haha)

bethanyandalexathanksgiving2017.png

2018 (first thanksgiving we didn't host)

thanksgiving2018.png

and I did a comparison side by side wearing the same dress on purpose 2012 vs 2018. How quickly they grow.
First pic is from 2012 and pic next to it is from last Thanksgiving. Like lightning it goes so fast.

thanksgivingcomparisonbethanyandmissy.png

Yes, for all these reasons Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday generally.
This year probably not because not sure we can even attend Thanksgiving let alone host it so might have to skip my favorite holiday this year. We will see.

How wonderful! Super cutie patooties. ALL! The photos with no teeth then new teeth are precious.

cheers--Sharon

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I like Thanksgiving too. Sometimes it's just the two of us, but Christmas is stressful in my family. My mom is so focused on gifts and tons of them, and can be very judgmental on what is bought and the price. I really dislike having the obligation to buy for adult cousins of mine I have no relationship with, but if I don't, it causes a fight. I don't really enjoy Christmas due to the gift thing.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy your thanksgiving look awaome
a couple with a family of cats is still very much a family
please still have a special day

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are going to have dinner at our local diner because they make an awesome meal, seriously no idea what they put in their stuffing but it is the best I ever had. Then we will probably head over to DH's cousin's house for dessert. Best part? No dishes! Also it seems that whenever I cook a turkey it never turns out, part of it is always under so I'm going to let someone else cook it!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like Thanksgiving too. Sometimes it's just the two of us, but Christmas is stressful in my family. My mom is so focused on gifts and tons of them, and can be very judgmental on what is bought and the price. I really dislike having the obligation to buy for adult cousins of mine I have no relationship with, but if I don't, it causes a fight. I don't really enjoy Christmas due to the gift thing.

exactly why I despise Christmas. years Ago my MIL Made a big deal over gifts and-anything we got her was returned because it wasnt good enough. in return we got 6 burgundy turtlenecks to match. We hated turtlenecks and we look terrible in burgundy. All 6 had clearance tags. What she wanted was a new TV or microwave. Now my inlaws were well off. It cause such stress starting in September I began to really dread Christmas. It old my husband he had to shop for them and I didn’t want to know what he got them. In return she stopped acknowledging my birthday. Now I have my adult kids make Amazon gifts for themselves and their families. Everyone gets what they want and Grammie has no stress. Except the MIL is still around.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, do you have the recipie for the PNB bars please?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, do you have the recipie for the PNB bars please?

I think this is it. I will double check with the chef (Chef Greg) and if it's not get back to you with the correct recipe. It is so yummy. Enjoy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

exactly why I despise Christmas. years Ago my MIL Made a big deal over gifts and-anything we got her was returned because it wasnt good enough. in return we got 6 burgundy turtlenecks to match. We hated turtlenecks and we look terrible in burgundy. All 6 had clearance tags. What she wanted was a new TV or microwave. Now my inlaws were well off. It cause such stress starting in September I began to really dread Christmas. It old my husband he had to shop for them and I didn’t want to know what he got them. In return she stopped acknowledging my birthday. Now I have my adult kids make Amazon gifts for themselves and their families. Everyone gets what they want and Grammie has no stress. Except the MIL is still around.

We used to do Secret Santa with my dh's family. What a pain it was and when my SIL threw a little tantrum and told my MIL that's it she was done with the gifts (because her dh my DH's brother) her husband didn't do a thing re shopping and it all fell on her well woohoo that was sweet freedom for me. No more gifts with the in laws and I was so happy I wasn't the one to complain. As I am already the "outlaw" in that family.

I say we are all too old for gifts and let the kids enjoy and be the ones we get gifts for...we don't need any gifts from the family. The only one I really want to exchange with is my dh and even then not always. Reached a stage there is absolutely nothing I want or need that I don't buy for myself.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say we are all too old for gifts and let the kids enjoy and be the ones we get gifts for...we don't need any gifts from the family. The only one I really want to exchange with is my dh and even then not always. Reached a stage there is absolutely nothing I want or need that I don't buy for myself.
Amen to this, missy! That's how we've been doing it doe a while now. The best gift is the glow in my kids' eyes. Brings me right back into my own childhood, when christmas was soo magical and wonderful.

We don't do Thanksgiving in Germany or France, but then we get together for hours and hours long family meals regularly... So maybe Thanksgiving on top would be too much of a health hazard!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love 4th of July. I love the warm weather, BBQ, camping, drinking, smiling, no gift pressure, tank tops, shorts, relaxing, fireworks, music!! Yep, I wish it were 4th of July right now. I’m ready for summer...sigh.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love 4th of July. I love the warm weather, BBQ, camping, drinking, smiling, no gift pressure, tank tops, shorts, relaxing, fireworks, music!! Yep, I wish it were 4th of July right now. I’m ready for summer...sigh.

Agree with all of that minus the fireworks just because our furbabies are terrified of fireworks.
I am so missing the warm weather right now...snow is on the way :(

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Christmas, with all the craziness of buying, opening, noise, fighting :) by dinner all is quieter and peaceful and I felt so happy (now the kids are all grown up it will be fun to watch my granddaughter as she grows).. I love all the holidays and I love this time of year. Happy Holidays!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is it. I will double check with the chef (Chef Greg) and if it's not get back to you with the correct recipe. It is so yummy. Enjoy!

Thank you! Totally making these this year!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Totally making these this year!

I hope you love them. Please come back and let us know. I cannot have them anymore and miss them lots. I might cheat a little though at the holidays.:shhh:

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Halloween is my favourite over every other holiday. Something about the day just makes me happy lol. And we don't even decorate or trick or treat so it kinda makes no sense that I love it so much.

Thanksgiving is a lovely holiday too though! The food <3 and seeing family. I think we will very likely be at home though this set of holidays though. We will have a good meal though. I'm just trying to decide if I should buy a chicken and make it or try out making a Turkey.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results